What's new

Rick Simpson www.phoenixtears.ca video sharing

Hazelnuts

peanutbutter said:
The problem with ethanol is that it is very difficult to get in a 99% form without something evil added to it. When they do that it's called "denatured." It's intended to be poisonious.

Alcohol sucks up water from moist air.

THC doesn't disolve in water. So if you used say a 50/50 mix most of the THC wouldn't disolve.

One method (working in that direction) could be to disolve the canabinoids in 99% isopropanol. Then filter off the iso. After filtering add water to the iso and cool it down.

The canabinoids should fall out as a dust into the bottom.

99% ethanol is impossible to get due to the fact that any concentration above 96% isn't possible in our athmospherical pressure. But if you want 96% ethanol, look for the highest percentage everclear. There is some 96% afaik.

G

Hazelnuts said:
99% ethanol is impossible to get due to the fact that any concentration above 96% isn't possible in our athmospherical pressure. But if you want 96% ethanol, look for the highest percentage everclear. There is some 96% afaik.

AR (analytical reagent grade) is out there .. just very hard to get. Then when you open the bottle, it starts to grab water from the air.

I think you mean above 96% isn't possible to get with distilation.

Last edited:

Hazelnuts

peanutbutter said:
AR (analytical reagent grade) is out there .. just very hard to get. Then when you open the bottle, it starts to grab water from the air.

Yes, but since it starts grabbing water from the air as soon as you open it, it doesn't make much sense to use it for hash oil production. And Everclear is already food grade alcohol, so why spend the extra money on the ARG alcohol?

peanutbutter said:
I think you mean above 96% isn't possible to get with distilation.

I stand corrected, that's what I meant

Last edited:

skunke

entropical said:
Anyone tried distilling the material??
I Sort of tried this method on a small scale, using my vaporizr and some tubing, but had no success. as it was on a extremly small scale. It would probally work using pounds at a time. The only downfall i could see about trying to distill thc is that it will oxidize with the air more easily. So you would probally have to use a vacume disiller for best results.

KanMan

Just to make sure there is zero confusion...

I think Rick makes it clear he is not saying smoking cannabis will help in anyway at all. Ingesting and external applications only is his point of view.

He does state in the film something to he affect you can smoke all you want and it will not be of any help.

Keith

G

KanMan said:
Just to make sure there is zero confusion...

I think Rick makes it clear he is not saying smoking cannabis will help in anyway at all. Ingesting and external applications only is his point of view.

He does state in the film something to he affect you can smoke all you want and it will not be of any help.

Keith

Hi Keith

I'm still waiting to hear people raving about how well this works. The silence I'm seeing so far makes me uneasy.

I would not be surprised if there were mixed results right now.

One of the medical testing reports that I read about THC fighting cancer talked about giving mice 500mcg per KG of body weight. Translating that to a human, asuming a body weight of 100kg, would mean 50 grams of THC per treatment.

I don't think Rick was providing that much to people.

I do believe his results were real.

So what's going on?

I think Rick stumbeled onto something very important. Exactly what isn't known yet.

There are several cannabinoids that have been shown to have anti-cancer properties. I believe some have been shown to be more strongly anti-cancer than THC.

Every single thing that Rick does in preperation might be the one step that brings out the anti-cancer properties of marijuana.

I think that the one step might be the last. He puts the oil into a metal cup and warms it for several hours.

Metals are commonly used in chemical reactions as catalysts. It's commonly understood that when using pot for cooking, that warming pot "activates" it.
The combination of warming for several hours in a metal container is a condition that could easily be a step that causes a benificial chemical reaction.

So please convey this thought. Every step of his process is crucial. His choice of strains. His choice of solvent. It could be something as silly as a plastic bucket or a wooden pine board being used to mix. The few drops of water at just the right time could well be something important.

If you are in a place where you can check results, please inquire about the preperation of the oil being used.

thanks

da nut

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts