What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Im glad to see you finally give them a run Dalaihempy :yes:

I can just wait and see how they develope, so please keep us updated!

Such a interesting story behind them..

MTweedman: Yes, I can do that, but I have to do it tomorrow, or saturday, because im very busy at the moment! BTW, I dont consider myself as an expert...

arjanz hays

peru thia

peru thia

Dalaihempy said:
Hi all heres an old pure thia line from 1978 vintage these take 10 weeks or over to even sex.

really cool lookin old school.
I can just smell it from here.

sig in no way meant for the dalai1, who spells just fine. :rasta:

serves me right for draggin my ridiculous name into this oh-so-noble company.
:badday:
Sorry Mota, guys, :headbange
aH.

Last edited:

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
O. Haze x Skunk

29245DSCN3050-med.JPG

29245DSCN3049-med.JPG

29245DSCN3043-med.JPG

29245DSCN3046-med.JPG

29245DSCN3053-med.JPG

G

mako haze from a past grow ... by request ... hope ya' enjoy

mako haze bud bearing seeds (mako haze x C99)

peace from star crash :rasta:

M

medical_shed

Herbalistic said:
About the molasses...

I really dont use "raw" molasses, molasses that I have to discover myself and figure out the right dose, but im surely gonna make somekind of research considering the subject, so I can find & use those cheap & effective molasses here in Finland.

Hey Herbalistic don't know if you've seen this http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32180 about molasses. I use blackstrap molasses that can be bought in any health food shop at a fraction of the price of AN stuff.

Gert Lush

Veteran
medical_shed said:
Hey Herbalistic don't know if you've seen this http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32180 about molasses. I use blackstrap molasses that can be bought in any health food shop at a fraction of the price of AN stuff.
Oh, I see, I used black treacle (experimentally) on two plants recently - about a teaspoon per litre two weeks before the chop.
It certainly didn't do them any harm, it probably benefited them, I mean they looked nice and plump but I can't know for sure, can I?

I was led to believe that black treacle and blackstrap molasses were pretty much the same. Have I done something bad? :wink:

PS. Even though the label said "Black Treacle", the ingredients said "cane molasses and inverted sugar syrup".

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
No Gert I dont think you have done anything wrong. How does the buds smell & taste? Did they tighten up a little, becoming denser?

Thank you for the tip Medical_Shed :yes: I´ve been on a know about molasses, but havent "had" the time to do some research about products available in my country..

G

Some news of the lambsbread and the Panama red.

The first one is starting to be harvested, because some individuals are full of seeds. Other less pollinated should take around 12 weeks to finish.

The Panama red is on good way, there should be thousands of seeds of it.

Two first pics are the lambsbread grown in micro closet (250W)

The other pics are Panama red grown under 400W

G

The two remaining Blueberry x ZamalHaze ladies are now at 40 days of 12/12, and the Zamal pheno looks really good, she has the Zamal-like leaves and the buds look similar, but they are much more dense, a good deal larger and she is flowering much faster, at 40 days of 12/12 the ZamalHaze is nowhere near this well developed. Another indicator of faster flowering is the fact she has visible resin, the ZamalHaze would have far less visible trichomes after 40 days.

She is really healthy too, and is happy at an ec of 1.9, ph 5.8. The ZamalHaze is more picky about nutes and although I've never grown it in coco, I doubt it would like an ec higher than 1.6. There is some slght glossiness to her leaves so I've stepped back to 1.8.

So, if the Zamal complex electric high remains, I am happy that this plant has achieved some of my goals - to reduce flower time, increase yield and retain the Zamal's complex effects.

With the flattened canopy and all the similar sized buds, yield could be interesting from this pheno. The Blueberry leaning one looks like it will be a much lower yield, no more than half of this one. It's still early and not time to make judgements, but i think this one may be the ne to select to make f2s. I have started 10 more seeds and will continue t start more over the coming moths as I want to explore all the phenotypical variation and find the very best, most Zamal leaning individuals. I have clones of both phenos and will clone the best I find in future, then in 12-18 months when I am satisfied I have found the best individuals and have sampled enough plants to form a proper viewpoint, I will then make f2s. This is a long term project and a labour of love for me.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

The Blueberry pheno looks similar, her buds are a little smaller and less developed, but there is time yet for her to shine. She's in the back row of my cab so hard to remove, I'll prise her out for pics shortly.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mad Scientist said:
Striking pics of unique plants guys! Great read and a pleasure to watch... :bandit:
...indeed!! :D
A few crappy pics I took this afternoom,all plants @ day 60 of 12/12
ACE Panama cut
P1063264.jpg

P1063260.jpg

my heirloom colombian (this girl lost a lot of leaves...too "delicate"...hard to grow :D)
P1063267.jpg

She has well formed,rounded buds,typical of the Puntorrojo variants.One of my atf´s..I call them T-boaw (The blood of a wig) :D :D :D

P1063266.jpg

P1063268.jpg

and Ot1´s Haze #1
P1063272.jpg

P1063274.jpg

Ras Pablo

Veteran
So nice pics Raco!! very interesting this colombian!!

Pd: You must buy a new camera!! hahahah I wan´t to see the hugh resin that must have your colombian :rasta:

G

Some nice sativa Raco, shame about the Colombian, but the buds should still be good that she gives you.

My feminised SSSDH at about 10 weeks started to produce bananas, not many, but they are there, looks like they aren't sterile either as I can see some immature white seeds forming on her. Here she is at 13 weeks, looks like she will go over 14 as lots of clear triches left. I decided this is not a keeper due to the bananas and the long flowering time. My ZamalHaze cut only takes 16 weeks and is the best sativa I've ever smoked and has no bananas, and I have a Mexican that takes 12 weeks, yields huge and has a great speedy high, so the SSSDH is gonna be a one-shot deal for me. Looks quite like Neville's Haze to my eyes:

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

G

Some pics of the other sativas currently flowering:

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

Tibetan x South African:

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

Blueberry x ZamalHaze:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

Mexican:

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

Trainwrecks:

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

G

Hiya mate

I am really pleased to have found such a good pheno from the first batch of seeds. Hope to find an equally nice Zamal leaning male out of the 9 seedlings I popped straight into 12/12. In the few days since those pics she has really started to fatten those buds up.

I'll have to drag the other pheno out from the back row of the cab and take some pics, the difference is huge, the Blueberry pheno is far less impressive. Breeding is all about selection, perhaps this female is a good start, I'll reserve judgement till I've smoked her buds.

Amazing pics guys!

A few ones of Bambata (tikiseeds) ...a very fast flowering pure sativa
Very resinous with an amazing smell ...can't wait to smoke it....
here at day 55 from clone
25791SSA46521.JPG

25791SSA46529.JPG

25791SSA46532.JPG

25791SSA46525.JPG

25791SSA46524.JPG

G

Mano, your outdoor trees have been inspiring me for years, great work as always, muy bien mi amigo!

Nice Bambata, doesn't look pure sativa, resembles some of the Durban Poison hybrids I've grown. Looks very nice though, don't see enough Tiki seed grows, the only reports I've seen have been Boxy Brown's Shulam grow and one or two others, all have looked pretty good.

Here is the ZH pheno Blueberry x ZamalHaze lady at 51 days of 12/12, looking really nice. I reckon she will take 12 weeks or more as she is at 8 weeks and looks to have some time to go yet. If all these buds fatten up, yield could be impressive. My benchmark is the 44g dry I got from my 'El Yucateca' Mexican, so

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

Here are some budshots, intriguing bud formation, very different from the Blueberry parent, some resemblance to the ZH mother, but she forms small, seperate buds, this plant has formed her buds in the same round pom-poms, but these clusters have joined up to form colas, which should dramatically improve yield:

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

She has been the picture of health and vigour from day one, the leaves are nice and glossy green, some slightly burnt tips from a tad of overfert, but she displays none of the curly leaves her mother usually does

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts