What's new

Red_Greenery's Handyman's DIY Grow Tub

G

Thanks hgl I'm having fun too.

Oh no, a reveg is the same as the original plant because it's the original plant just growing in another season.

This revegged plant was my best quality bud so far and is better than the original. I improved my gardening methods and grew it without any deficiencies.

hgl

Red_Greenery said:
I improved my gardening methods and grew it without any deficiencies.
Do you think that could have been why you didn't see any deficiencies and notice an amelioration of the quality??

Anyway... you demonstriate that growed the right way... a reveg is equal or better than the precedent result! nicee!!!

---------
EDIT: Oh... and I have another question :p

"I picked up two pack of 3x26W cfl for $15 and the 6X42W were $6 each so the lighting total is $15+$36 = $51"

Where the hell did you get those CFL for $6 each? I looked at like 3-4 places in my city and the 45w CFL are $13CAD each, it's a little bit more than you ...!?:confused:

Cya!

:joint:

Last edited:
G

Definately growing better will result in better buds. I grew without deficiencies with this reveg and it delivered some fine buds.

When I go into Home Depot or Canadian Tire, I check out the bargain isles before doing my shopping. I lucked out one day and ran into a sale on the 42W for $6 or so. It's been a while since I bought them but I have seen them on sale a few times since. A while ago the 42W was the largest but I've seen 45W and larger. When they brought out the 45's, the 42's started going on sale.

So if you're shopping for lights, then you must be getting close to building your box. Let me see some pics when you get it put together.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Wow...Wow...Wow
I am going to do this, on this grow. Wow......you are the coolest, and have the one of the best threads I have ever seen. I love the way you explained the reveg, so easy to understand.

Thank you

hgl

pieceofmyheart said:
Wow...Wow...Wow
I am going to do this, on this grow. Wow......you are the coolest, and have the one of the best threads I have ever seen. I love the way you explained the reveg, so easy to understand.

Thank you

I'm with you on this one! ;) Best thread and best way to explain and describe everything! :yoinks:

Red_Greenery said:
So if you're shopping for lights, then you must be getting close to building your box. Let me see some pics when you get it put together.
Sorry if I was long to reply but I forgot the thread! :pointlaug
I asked you this because every time I goes in a market where there light... I move to the lighting section to see whats the price of the CFL... I don't have any indoor grow sadly :badday: :confused: :( I'm currently growing outdoor...! if you want to take a look at my plant just go in my gallerie or visit my grow log! http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29862&highlight=hgl

Cya!

baked_n_fried

Red_Greenery.....

i just wanted to say that you inspired me with the rubbermaid grow box, that was the first thing i built. now i have a big cab going but i remember your rubbermaid from OG.

keep up the good shit bro

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey red , just thought i'd drop in and say hello
nice thread, very informative. i too am a big nimby fan, he had some great ideas
as do you. peace mj

i tried condensing ur grow onto a MS word file, pm me ur addy so u can reveiw it. if u dont mind, n e changes u make or want made type in red so i can edit easily

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I have a few questions about revegging. Any time frame on how long they are under 24 hour light before you repot? Then how long under 18/6?

Also, if you reveg an 8 week flower type, does it flower for 8 weeks again?

One more.....I was thinking of attempting to reveg my lowrider, do you this would be possible since you can't clone it?

Last edited:
G

Wow, I've been getting some visitors to the Lodge in the last few days since I've been away. Thanks for dropping by guys. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can. Nimby was a real inspiriation to me too. I'd sure like to see some other Rubbermaiders come out of the woodwork and show off your tubs and creativity.

POMH, your Lowriders are sure lovely, it would be wonderful if you could successfully reveg them. I've never seen the LR revegged, so you can do it and be world famous!!!

I put my plant under 24/7 until it looks healthy enough to handle the repotting and has a decent growth of healthy leaves. The more vegetation that is left on the plant, shortens up this time. The weird thing about a reveg is that it is already mature and all the shoots grow with alternating nodes. The plant can be put into flowering immediately. I prefer to repot, switch to 18/6 for improved root growth and flower when my screen is starting to fill in.

Hi HGL, hope you find some bargain CFL's. I think I lucked out and found them on sale one day.

G

Hey Red that's amazing work! Probably the best work I've seen you do ;)Thanks for sharing..

Hail

rubbermaid

rubbermaid

Hey man, I absolutly love this thread. I remember Team Rubbermaid on OG and it's definally great to see it here on good old IC. :lurk:

I've pretty much decided for my first real attempt at growing to be this method. I will most likely to be using larger rubbermaids as I have 2 that are L31" D16" W16". I may even buy larger ones because I have seen some nicely sized ones at Home Depot and Lowes before. Since I would be using a larger grow space I would use more lights, most likely 6 CFL's per plant.

Do you have any suggestions for strains? I was thinking WW from Female Seeds or perhaps Sensi Star (fem) from Paradise.

Thanks for doing all this work so that you can help people like me wanting to grow their own bud. :joint:

bentom187

Veteran
how many times can u revegitate a plant i got and idea for a different type of perpetual grow,im not saying its my idea cause i have no clue if anyones tried it,but ill share my idea pending the answer i get

G

I've seen a guy reveg a single plant many times on OG. There was this guy that was into bonsai's and revegging. He kept a bunch of bonsai mothers. He'd put a bonsai, into his vegetation cabinet and then flower and harvest. He'd reveg it back to life and then turn it into a bonsai. Some of his plants were 10 years old.

I think that was that russian dude who went to jail. I was trying to find a really old sweet as mini-bonsai thread by him but it's not in google cache..

G

Hail said:
Hey man, I absolutly love this thread. I remember Team Rubbermaid on OG and it's definally great to see it here on good old IC. :lurk:

I've pretty much decided for my first real attempt at growing to be this method. I will most likely to be using larger rubbermaids as I have 2 that are L31" D16" W16". I may even buy larger ones because I have seen some nicely sized ones at Home Depot and Lowes before. Since I would be using a larger grow space I would use more lights, most likely 6 CFL's per plant.

Do you have any suggestions for strains? I was thinking WW from Female Seeds or perhaps Sensi Star (fem) from Paradise.

Thanks for doing all this work so that you can help people like me wanting to grow their own bud. :joint:

Hey there Hail, it's great that the old Team Rubbermaid is starting to trickle back in. We had a pretty good crew on OG!

Your plans for the larger box sound really good. Show me some pics as you put it together. That box at 31" L x 16W x 16H isn't much bigger than my 24L x16W x16H. A 4 fixture light bar would fit and I would run a 2 plant operation with larger screens. You could probably fit two 10" pots where I'm limited to 8" pots.

Hey Durban, I don't remember if the guy was Russian. I do remember a Russian guy with a circular SCROG in a garbage can. IC is starting to become the new OG a little at a time. How's the cabinet going? Did you get your ventilation working?

bentom187

Veteran
ok im not sure but how much space u guys have or how much u are looking to harvest because i would be doing this for a personal stash,and i havnt got the timming of the whole thing down but here it goes anyway... first u need like five plants ,female of course,and then u will need like a dual chamber grow cab veg/flower . now i would use 5 gallon buckets and try to scrog or LST the first plant ....move it into the flower cab for the 60 or so day flowering period and mabey 15-20 days in i would move another plant in.and i would only harvest like 3/4 of the 1rst plant and put it back into the veg chamber for reveging and i would continue the cycle like a perpetual grow.alwsays fresh herb and no need to wait for clones to root and i think the yeild depending on your lights and strain choices should be good. any input would be welcome.please let me know if you guys understand this ill try to clear things up,like i said i havnt got all the details worked out yet .

G

It usually takes 30 days from seed to veg out a plant and 45-60 days to flower. If you go with a 2 cab setup, there's lot's of time to reveg or clone, or start off from seed while the other plants are flowering.

My little box puts out enough to keep me happy. I grow for a while and then shutdown with a nice stash. I start up some seeds get a harvest then reveg the best plant for a second grow.