What's new

question about seeds

Hi there. With my Mandala seeds I always follow their recommendations and put em in a beer cup of good potting soil mix. Those seeds really pop like they are supposed to and do not need any pre-sprouting in my experience. Keep them in a warm dark place and they will sprout everytime. Soon as they are up put them under lights so they do not have to stretch to find the strong light source. Mandala's seeds are a kick ass bargain for seeds and have always been viable fast sprouting for me. Regards.

Hi there. Where may I ask did you obtain the Skunk #1 seeds by Sam the Man Skunkman? Were they by Cultivators Choice? Would definately like to find some of those beans as I have grown out both his Skunk Haze hybrids and found them to be dynamite plants for certain. Thanks alot. Regards.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Hi there. Where may I ask did you obtain the Skunk #1 seeds by Sam the Man Skunkman? Were they by Cultivators Choice? Would definately like to find some of those beans as I have grown out both his Skunk Haze hybrids and found them to be dynamite plants for certain. Thanks alot. Regards.
Do you know anything about Sam and the Original haze? I have the AB G13 X Original haze and can't find much about the story of the Haze except that Sam's name keeps coming up in part of the stories. Okanogan........I've spent some years attending the fair up there.

Hi there. Check in the Strains forum under the Stickys. Thread there regarding Questions on the Original Haze. Epic strain Immortal for having a No Ceiling High. The more you smoke the higher you become. Both Cultivators Choice Skunk Haze strain offerings at the Boutique are winners. I have picked them both up and they grow into marvelous plants. Long flowering Sativa Divas both as they take like 12 weeks minimum to achieve peak ripening with the Thai going on longer. Got lots as freebie seeds at the Boutique but I just had to purchase some as they are just too good a hybrid to not have after growing out a few. I gave quite a few away and have to catch up with some friends to see how they made out. Not for the impatient grower used to 7 week finishers but what a plant to grow. Lots of History in the development and great modern hybrid from the Man himself Sam the Skunkman. Regards.

Last edited:
Hi there. With my Mandala seeds I always follow their recommendations and put em in a beer cup of good potting soil mix. Those seeds really pop like they are supposed to and do not need any pre-sprouting in my experience. Keep them in a warm dark place and they will sprout everytime. Soon as they are up put them under lights so they do not have to stretch to find the strong light source. Mandala's seeds are a kick ass bargain for seeds and have always been viable fast sprouting for me. Regards.
got them at seedboutique and yes they are samtheskunkmans....the 2 mandala mix seeds that i put into cups on 3-10 have popped their little heads out...gonna put those 2 closer to the fluoros...about 6 inches

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
When i was a kid (1978) i remember my parents plants (columbian,panama red ,Thai) growing in our back yard. They never made big buds but they dropped their seeds before winter. I remember those seeds popping up underneath the parent plants. I remember those buds looking larfy as fuck but they did kick off seed and those seed grew before winter. They reached about 3 or 4 feet tall around the end of Nov. in western Washington. If this helps.

Snype

Veteran
Also watch how long your seedlings seem to linger before growing upwards as a plant does.. I have a theory that the ones that shoot up relatively faster are males. Noticing from seedling on is the first step in data collection for me.

That's a loose and general theory so I welcome any feed back.

Ernst
I don't know about that. I used to think that until my last grow when it was actually the opposite.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Good lord. Cold stratification? What the hell is that?. Cannabis isnt peaches or apples that require a certain length of cold period.

The best germination rate that can be experience with any cannabis seed will be from seeds just freshly ripened, removed from the parent and placed immediately into soil and germinated. Every single day after the seed is removed from the parent, the potential for its failure is increased to some degree. If you do other things to them in that period before they are planted, like expose them to freezing temps, dry conditions, or excessive moisture such as putting them in standing water, you act only to diminish the viabilty of the seed and NOT to increase its potential for germination.

Plant the seeds in the dirt. It is a method of seed germination that has been highly successfull for the past 20 thousand years.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most breeders dry stratify (30 days) and then cold stratify (30 days) seed lots before packaging them for sale / freebies.

It's a common horticultural practise.

Hope this helps

Snype

Veteran
I dry my seeds for 30 days and then they go into the freezer until I'm going to use them and sometimes that's years and they germ fine.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good lord. Cold stratification? What the hell is that?. Cannabis isnt peaches or apples that require a certain length of cold period.

The best germination rate that can be experience with any cannabis seed will be from seeds just freshly ripened, removed from the parent and placed immediately into soil and germinated. Every single day after the seed is removed from the parent, the potential for its failure is increased to some degree. If you do other things to them in that period before they are planted, like expose them to freezing temps, dry conditions, or excessive moisture such as putting them in standing water, you act only to diminish the viabilty of the seed and NOT to increase its potential for germination.

Plant the seeds in the dirt. It is a method of seed germination that has been highly successfull for the past 20 thousand years.

i agree with everything you say except the fresh seeds bit. testing has found that seeds increase in viability for a while as they 'cure' after being harvested. interestingly the highest rate of germination has been found in seeds that are between 1 and 2 years old. personally i also soak seed for a few hours before planting as it may allow the seed to absorb some water and break it's dormancy a little faster. i use tapwater as the chlorine will help kill any bacteria that may lead to problems during germination.

providing the seeds are properly dry, freezing will vastly increase their 'life' - that is why the preservation seedbanks are in permafrost and glaciers.

V.

Trichgnomes

Woman_Planting_Seeds.png

I found it hard to describe my ultra-complicated seed propagation method, so I thought this illustration might give you all a better representation of what's going on.

HTH

had 1 more mandala mix and 2 skunk1 to pop their heads out this mornin. thats at least 5 out of 6 so germination has been a huge success..it's 77 degrees inside box and today i put all the cups at 6 inches from fluoros..is that about right?..i'm gonna grow these inside and i'm wary of them gettin out of hand...i hope to have one male mandala mix to breed with one female northern light and one male skunk1 to breed with another female northern light..after i breed these i plan on buyin some haze to breed with the result of these two pairings...but first things first. if these seeds dont produce any males, i'll just have some different stuff to put in the vaporizer and share with my friends....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey cc once they are up and open you may want to move them closer. i find with flouros that the seedlings tend to stretch until they are about 1-3 inches away from the bulb (depending on the wattage) on the other hand you dont want to burn them. :)

V.

hey cc once they are up and open you may want to move them closer. i find with flouros that the seedlings tend to stretch until they are about 1-3 inches away from the bulb (depending on the wattage) on the other hand you dont want to burn them. :)V.
i try and keep clones 2 inches from fluoros. would that be ok with sedlings?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if its ok for clones then it should be fine for the seedlings imo.

all 6 of the seeds have germinated and are about an inch tall. one skunk is strugglin to straighten up..they were pretty dry so last night i gave them some water with a tablespoon..when i buy more seeds it'll be from seedboutique..(samtheskunkman and nirvana)

Hi there. Just to clarify. I am also looking for the Skunkman's Skunk #1 strain. Which Breeder did you find his Skunk #1 Genetics from. I think Seedsman has his Skunk #1 but the Cultivators Choice at the Boutique only have his two Skunk Haze hybrids which are I might add excellent strains. Could you please let me know where exactly at the Boutique you found the Skunk #1. Thanks alot.

**** I use a turkey baster to water the little ones. It waters em gentle like and does little to disturb em.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts