What's new

Question about Depth of trenches / Holes...

G

guest123

well i dont know if we share the same conditions , i try to take advantage of a small window open to me during a period where local growers arent able to do much ..
its hot and dry , and i have to pump water from a creek , scollop out a small area around the plant s so they can hold water and also be a little shaded as they begin , and also cover the whole area with burlap as thickly as im able..
im kinda spoilt because the area my grow in habits is the side of a volcano , so the soil is just prime , silty red loam .. but ,, i dig nice holes 2 ft deep , 2 ft wide throwing a bit of chicken manure/ blood and bone , whatever on hand , cover with burlap and leave for about 8 weeks while i prepare the seedlings etc ...
when time comes to pop in the month old seedlings , as gently as can be so as not to have any transplant shock ,, i usually grow them seperately in tubes , and water well before transplant so the whole soil clod and roots will come out with no disturbance ..
if u take good care in the first few weeks , and dont let them stress at all ,, u should do very well ..
well thats how it seems to work for me anyhows ...

hogwild

BACKCOUNTRY said:
Oh! I feel so rejected! J/K heheh

It seems almost as if we could use a seperate Guerilla sub-forum, or perhaps a medical/Backyard growers sub-forum.

i second the medical/ backyard growers sub forum idea

Butte

Veteran
Highst - Yeah, I hear on strain selection. My original plan had been to do a half dozen rhino-wreck, some snocap, some PK (grew that one out last year), and some cheese. I'll be able to put six more than last year in this year as I picked up a patient over the winter. The rhino wreck hasn’t come through yet, so I in the “let’s collect strains” stage. From harborside I picked up the following:

Cheese
Snocap
G13xhash
God’s gift
Soma
Jack flash (I don’t think this one is going to make the cut – no pun there)

I’ve also got some cuts of Arcata TW and sour diesel rooting right now and plans on picking up some more strains, both from other growers and from another trip into the Bay. I wasn’t the one driving last time, so I had a tougher time convincing my cohort to stop at SR71...next time.

Another user has very kindly offered up some cuts of Orange Crush…anyone know much about that one?

Of the strains I still want to pick up, green crack is one. I also have some seeds of critical mass, but I don’t have the time to pick out the one of the hundred or so I have that’ll be The One.

I’ve got a friend that’s getting ready to flip his room and has some extra space so I’ll probably try to get him a few of the cheese and g13xhas to see how they perform.

Any input on those HS strains?

Wally – You are lucky in your soil comp! Those are nice looking plants, too. Thanks for the tips...

chicomed

Hey Butte,........ I rented a "Bobcat" w/ a three ft auger from a local rental place......went 2 1/2 - 3 ft deep and 3 ft wide.........backfilled w/ "valley gold" compost.........I put weed screen in the bottom of the holes and on top too prior to back-fill to keep tree roots out.

The worm farm on the "dumps road" off hwy. 99 sells a special "Pat Humphrey Mix"( Pat now deceased) for medical plants.

Orange Crush , plus Killer queen x mendo purps and kong x mendo purps would be good too for outside...!!!

one love cm.

D

DJ_highst_

chicomed said:
Hey Butte,........ I rented a "Bobcat" w/ a three ft auger from a local rental place......went 2 1/2 - 3 ft deep and 3 ft wide.........backfilled w/ "valley gold" compost.........I put weed screen in the bottom of the holes and on top too prior to back-fill to keep tree roots out.

The worm farm on the "dumps road" off hwy. 99 sells a special "Pat Humphrey Mix"( Pat now deceased) for medical plants.

Orange Crush , plus Killer queen x mendo purps and kong x mendo purps would be good too for outside...!!!

one love cm.

HI ChicoMed, Do you have any pics of how that went down. You know amatur hour is over when you break out the Bobcat. How did you water them? I am always interested in how people with big plots water their garden, thats always one of my major issues. I am sick trying to fill 55 gallon drums of organic tea and water with 5 gallon buckets. As fun as that sounds, its not fun when it takes 2-3 hours to water the garden.

I also recomend Purps as an outdoors strain too. It did realy well for me outdoors.

G

guest123

DJ_highst_ said:
I am always interested in how people with big plots water their garden, thats always one of my major issues. I am sick trying to fill 55 gallon drums of organic tea and water with 5 gallon buckets. As fun as that sounds, its not fun when it takes 2-3 hours to water the garden.
.[/QUOE]
does kinda sounds fun ,, but after doing that for a while i turned to solar power .. am lucky enough to have a creek onsite , so just using a 12 volt pump and a few panels and batteries , im able to not only water the whole area but can also run a few lights etc with the extra batteries and power the panels create ..
i also ended up digging a dam to hold some water , and theres enough there to keep my seedlings watered on timers , and i could set it up to water the whole patch with drippers if i really got into it ,, did h alf of one and it was very successful ... anyhow hopefully some food for thought there ...

Nspecta

Veteran
Butte said:
Highst - Yeah, I hear on strain selection. My original plan had been to do a half dozen rhino-wreck, some snocap, some PK (grew that one out last year), and some cheese. I'll be able to put six more than last year in this year as I picked up a patient over the winter. The rhino wreck hasn’t come through yet, so I in the “let’s collect strains” stage. From harborside I picked up the following:

Cheese
Snocap
G13xhash
God’s gift
Soma
Jack flash (I don’t think this one is going to make the cut – no pun there)

Any input on those HS strains?

Hey Butte...Just incase ya didn't already know...the "Snocap" from Harborside isn't tha same cut yer friends were runnin' last year out in T.C.

If tha HS Cheese is legit...then it does killer outdoors...from what I've seen.

The "PKm" you ran last year is actually The Purp's a.k.a. Mendocino Purple...tha PK7 is, I'm sure ya know, an S1 of tha PKm.

Hope that helps a lil', IGT

Butte

Veteran
Nspecta said:
Hey Butte...Just incase ya didn't already know...the "Snocap" from Harborside isn't tha same cut yer friends were runnin' last year out in T.C.

If tha HS Cheese is legit...then it does killer outdoors...from what I've seen.

The "PKm" you ran last year is actually The Purp's a.k.a. Mendocino Purple...tha PK7 is, I'm sure ya know, an S1 of tha PKm.

Hope that helps a lil', IGT
Yeah, that helps a lot. So, the snowcap is different, huh? I think I may still be able to come up to your neck of the woods and pick up the original cut...anyone know what the HS snowcap is? Or if the cheese from there is the cheese grown outside up north last year? I tasted some from up there and it was superb herb...

Nspecta

Veteran
Butte said:
Yeah, that helps a lot. So, the snowcap is different, huh? I think I may still be able to come up to your neck of the woods and pick up the original cut...anyone know what the HS snowcap is? Or if the cheese from there is the cheese grown outside up north last year? I tasted some from up there and it was superb herb...

SnoCap

^^^^^...Here's a link ta a thread about tha HS Snocap...&...a quote from that thread, below, of its lineage.

icysurfer said:
The Snowcap came from a pack of Sensi Seeds Outdoor Mix.

Not sure whether or not tha Cheese at HS is tha UK cut or a cut from Big Buddah Cheese seeds. I know tha Cheese cut that was grown out round here last year is/was ,just a couple people removed, direct from tha UK.

Take 'er eazy, IGT

Latest posts

Latest posts