What's new

Pinstripe's 2nd try: PC case + 22W LED

pinstripe

Three girls, one pot :jump:

What's up everyone? Exactly 2 weeks and 2 days after I flipped to 12/12 the remaining 3 plants showed female preflowers. I considered cutting one down, but I think I can handle three girls. It shouldn't be a problem :D
I've started to tie down the main stems to the screen, and the side branches are coming along nicely. Some pruning will be needed soon, I'm just gonna figure out how to do it without stressing 'em too badly.

picture.php

Hope you guys don't mind me talking to myself a little.
pinstripe said:
... and I found that they need to be watered every two days.
Not really, it's more like every three days.

Peace,
Pinstripe

pinstripe

Hey guys! Thanks for looking in!

Spot on, k1net1k, exactly 6 inches. Fits almost 5L of soil.
NLxC99 is supposed to be low odor, but honestly I don't think my scrubber can handle the smell the way it is now. Today I actually noticed a subtle smell inside my closet. I've built scrubbers this way before, and they've been doing their job really well. The thing is this time I went with bigger carbon pellets made for cooker hood filters. It gives nicer airflow but doesn't absorb smell as good. If it gets too bad I'll switch to smaller carbon pellets.

TokeSolo, I've never grown this strain before and the breeder said 8-9 weeks of flowering, so I'm guessing they'll be done in 8 weeks from now :) I might up the light hours to 14/10 though, and that will add some time to the flowering as well. Dang it's hard trying to be patient :D

pinstripe

Oh yeah, LEDs grow plants :rasta: Thanks for stoppin' by, cheesebuds and four20_oem!

Haha, I've gotta tell you something. So, this night I was installing a small fan for circulation in the grow box. I was doing all the wiring and stuff, you know, and when I finally plugged the wall wart in - boom, the LEDs went out.
I freaked out and quickly ripped the wall wart out, but still the lights didn't turn on. WTF did just happen?! Thought there was a short or something, because there was no smell and the wall plug and LED driver weren't unusually hot. When I went towards the fuse box I realized what time it was - 8:30pm. It turned out the timer shut the light off the very moment I plugged the wall wart in. How f***ed up is that? :biglaugh:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Very nice work, this is looking good!
you are running those LED's @ about 1.3w each? Seems like the 1+ watt LED's are the way to go rather than several small ones.

pinstripe

Thanks a lot, D.I.trY and Aerohead! It's always nice having the top PC growers lookin' in :D Been lurking your threads a bunch.

[...] you are running those LED's @ about 1.3w each? Seems like the 1+ watt LED's are the way to go rather than several small ones.
Yup, that's about right. The reds run at 1.05W and the blue and white ones at 1.75W.
Going with just a few diodes also applies much better to the KISS rule :) The LED market is a jungle. For example, you can get prefabricated PCBs with 10 low current LEDs on 'em that are very energy efficient. Anyways, the LEDs I got are quality components.
I went with KISS for the light. No side lighting and not to many LEDs.

All the best,
pinstripe

pinstripe

Update!

4th week into flower, and a little less than 2 weeks after the preflowers first showed up.
The light has been going at 13/11 (on/off) this week and the plants get 50-65% strength hesi bloom complex.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The day after watering I often see water sitting on some of the leaves in the "bush." I'm gonna have to fix this before the buds get bigger. I'm pretty sure the humidity inside isn't too high, and the temperature is 26-29
°C above the canopy.

/Pinstripe

topic

LED panel is made form raw leds or is it a ready-to-use module ??

What are the characteristics of that LEDs??