What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phosphoload, Gravity, Bushmaster, Topload, and Flower Dragon Lab Test Results!

huniebeez

Recovery Dragon!

What's the formula for 'Recovery Dragon' Vagina Puncher? What's the actives? What does it do and how? Let's face it Mr Berlow hasn't exactly been straight with the punter has he? Has he cracked something like proprietry Daminozide remover unknown to science as one of the leading plant science researchers from around the world??? :) Does it "speed shift" the "florigen" response or is it just more shit from a lying sociopath?

huniebeez

I'll contact the lab guy tonight and set something up for tomorrow.

I re-examined the phospoload instructions. It calls for 2 - 4ml per L which is 7.6 - 15ml per gallon. Well I only use 1ml per gallon which is 1/8th - 1/16th of the recommended dosing, and I only use it for two to three days (not weeks).

I don't care what everybody knows, unless it is the truth. I know that Phosopload as recommended is TERRIBLE for my plants. I know phospoload in very low single dose application does wonders for the flower.

I'll also ask the lab to test for potency (as many cannibnoids as possible), and post those results here as well.

Yes I know how wiki works and so I don't believe EVERYTHING I read there, just like I don't always Know what EveryBody Knows ;)

:joint:

Hydrosun I just spoke to the lab and here's what they have to say.

"We would love to participate in any and all ways in testing for and determining residual effects of PBZ, Daminozide, and UDMH. My partner Josh and our environmental chemist, Dr. Ian Westmoreland, are performing recoverability tests now to fine tune our detection limits using HPLC/ MS/MS.. I'm down in southern CA on business right now, but will have an extensive reply to your emails when I get back.. In the mean time, you should be getting a reply from our lab director, Josh Wurzer, and another partner of mine, Jeff Gray. Thank you very much again for your contributions to the growing awareness of PGR's and all around insight into the nutrient industry.."

Perhaps give them a call to find out where they are at. SC also does THC etc tests. We'll be testing THC levels in mj grown with PGRs and the exact strain grown (cuts from same mother) without PGRs to demo that PGRs reduce quality significantly.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I checked there website and they look pretty nice and professional. I'll check their page for a phone number.

Too much of any nute is a bad idea, no additive, supplement, or booster should be used at 100% strength. I hope you document your grow here in the side by side section.

huniebeez

I checked there website and they look pretty nice and professional. I'll check their page for a phone number.

Too much of any nute is a bad idea, no additive, supplement, or booster should be used at 100% strength. I hope you document your grow here in the side by side section.

HydroSun you aren't talking about a nute - you are talking about a long banned chem PGR and another with serious question marks. Any of it is a bad thing when all it takes is some basic growing knowledge to avoid the use of PGRs. Flip earlier - get your environmental parameters right, use a combo of HPS and MH lighting and I can assure you that you'll get larger yields. Interestng thread now going on on THC Farmer where a grower MendoCruz has just finished his first PGR free grow. Here's what he has to say:

MendoCruz: So I flipped them on wednesday. Most were 12 -14" tall. I normally veg them taller but I am stepping away from Bushmaster, Phosphoload, and Topload type products. I'll post some picks soon.
Me: Nice work MendoCruz - very nice indeed. How does a non PGR grow compare yield wise to a PGR grow?
MendoCruz: I'm not seeing any difference with or without. I think these are some of the biggest colas that I've ever had inside. There is one PGR (Triacontanol) that I am using but it comes from honey comb.
From http://www.*********.com/forums/f54/sour-diesel-sage-n-sour-4kw-grow-39426/index5.html

And on this thread:

"Please don't use PGR's Bushmaster, Phosphoload, Gravity, FlowerDragon and Top Load..."

"People should just flip sooner. I'm almost done with a round with no pac or Aral. My flowers are big, dense and full of resin!"

http://www.*********.com/forums/f9/...sphoload-gravity-flowerdragon-top-load-42453/

And yes SC Labs are highly regarded and used by a lot of med people for tests.

huniebeez

An Update to a non PGR grow versus PGRs

An Update to a non PGR grow versus PGRs

Here's the ongoing conversation on another forum. MendoCruz just did his first PGR free grow after discovering what he was using. Conclusion -

xBUBBAx: so what was your final yield mendo?
MendoCruz: A little shy of 5.25, Bubba.
Me: MendoCruz how would you say weight wise that compares to your past PGR grows?
MendoCruz: The yield was about the same. Quality may be a little better without the PGR's. In my opinion there is no reason to use these. Ever. I flipped early and got the same size plants. I also used less additives this round, seeing very little difference.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
That is an interesting side note and coincides with much of what I have observed. My experience is limited only to Phospoload and the product has the potential to stunt growth or to enhance density. Seems a little over dramatic to say "In my opinion there is no reason to use these. Ever." Obviously this guy has purchased these PGRs and used them on many grows, so at some point he saw a potential reason to use the product.

Did the lab get back to you about their PGR residue test? I've been smoking up the samples, but I still have some jar cured stuff ready to send for testing.

huniebeez

That is an interesting side note and coincides with much of what I have observed. My experience is limited only to Phospoload and the product has the potential to stunt growth or to enhance density. Seems a little over dramatic to say "In my opinion there is no reason to use these. Ever." Obviously this guy has purchased these PGRs and used them on many grows, so at some point he saw a potential reason to use the product.

Did the lab get back to you about their PGR residue test? I've been smoking up the samples, but I still have some jar cured stuff ready to send for testing.

No word yet. I would call them and see where they are at. "Overly dramatic":) You're kidding. You're talking about using PGRs to grow med as OK when someone is finding PGRs aren't required to achieve the same yields or better (putting aside the ethics). Many years back in 2003 when Dutchmaster lied to consumers about Superbuds actives a guy (mod) called Feral was talking Superbud up on a med forum. When he found out what was in Superbud he launched an all out war against Superbud and Dutchmaster. His biggest yields came after using PGRs. Mate it's about time you learnt to grow. Environment! Environment! Environment! I've grown bumpers for years that kill any PGR grow I've seen. Couple of pics for you to look at. No PGRs. Let's see your killer plants (no pun intended) against these (a picture speaks a thousand words). Hydrosun quick edit. I just looked at your gallery pics - you definitely have issues there somewhere so PGRs may be helping you to get dense nugs (actually yours don't look so good at all) and better yields (this is where PGRs do help - for growers who fail to get their environmental and nutritional parameters right). You should compare your pics to those of MendoCruz (his look big dank and beautiful). No offense - not trying to be harsh but there are issues in your setup for sure. What genetics are you growing?

Attachments

• Football_Bud.jpg
    Football_Bud.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 71
  • yep.jpg
    yep.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 35

huniebeez

HydroSun just heard from SC Labs - "We are rolling nicely on our LC/MS assay for PGR's. We have a reasonable LOD and good recoverability from our prep procedure. But, the only problem I am having is sourcing UDMH standard material."

I'll keep you posted as to when they can test for UDMH residuals. Merry Christmas all and have a safe one.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First of all Hunniebeez, I'm not comfortable with one member admitting they are copying another members handle to cut them off, or however you put it. So you're going to have to find another handle. Copying someones handle leaves the possibility someone could divulge personal info to you thinking they are talking to someone else..... That's not a good thing and is not allowed.....

Secondly, it seems the product being discussed here is one that you are working on to sell, or are already selling. If you'd have used your other handle we would have known. This gives the impression you may be underhandedly attempting to spam the product.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> Dude you don't have 50 posts so no PMing will occur.

Bwahahah owned!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gotta say the above video is making me rethink my use of PCR's, are their any "organic" replacements for let's say, "Gravity"?

Thank you...Mega

LabDabz

I gotta say the above video is making me rethink my use of PCR's, are their any "organic" replacements for let's say, "Gravity"?

Thank you...Mega

Santa Cruz represent! Not really on the organic alternatives, you can get high Potash kelp to pump at end, other than that, a nice compost tea flush w/ some sugar, although that wont really dense out your flowers.. There is some anecdotal evidence showing that a shock of around 72 hrs of darkness at the end of their life-cycle works for finishing and end density..

Also, some bulb makers are doing R&D into really high UV spectrum lighting towards the end to help finish off flowers, increase tric. production, etc.. Much speculation tho..

I picked up a bottle of humboldts gravity on my last grow, had never used it before, I had grown without any PCR's for all my grows, this last round with gravity produced much bigger buds. I thought I had found a great addition then read about the PCR's, now I wont be using it again, but what can I replace it with?

edit: thanks for the recommendations LabDabz

Last edited:
U

Ultra Current

Good read. Still dont get what people dont get. Hormones? Come on. If you guys who use this stuff told your clients or patients, you would have no customers left. Learn how to grow guys.

TicalionStalion

I did a hydro run once and used bushmaster and gravity, both at half strength or less...worst bud Iv ever grown...I mean it wasnt TERRIBLE but for my standards it was, just junk. I quickly went back to soil thinking this was a hydro thing, but Im pretty sure it may have just been these products. the bud was way hairy, rock hard, but terrible resin production, mediocre smell, terrible taste. Iv only used products like these on one single grow, and quickly saw that they werent for me. I have seen some halfway decent hydro grown w alittle gravity, but still no shining star.

alittle off topic, but does anyone know if ANs old product VHO contains any of these harmful things? they dont make it anymore (probably a sign in itself) its used in veg as a foliar and it greatly and quickly enhances the growth and branching of the plant.