What's new

Phatty's 2nd Try DWC -Sour Diesel, Mango, MS-

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
yes my friend you are right all the problems so far you have found a solution for and that is awesome persiverance. i just hope you understand WHY the changes matter. to sum it up i guess you are braver than myself, i am to methodical. i must always feel a step ahead, (doesnt mean that i am) when investing this kind of time and attention. but you know what they say... NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED! you have that spirit and with that i know you will succeed soon enough( i just didnt want u 2 have problems and get steered off from dro all together). that was where i was comin from. cause buckets r not bad just have to have everything or nothing IMO. you seem to have that now also. just remember to feed lighter and adjust up lil at a time and you will be fine. oh and no more than 1ft away from canopy with that 600.(as long as its cooled)
blah blah blah
Sir
feel free to come by my thread and bark at me haha any time bro

phattybudz

Day 45...

I decided I'm going to chop this crop a couple days early so that I can throw up the 1000W light I got and start a new soil crop (which will have to be moved mid-flower to a new location,) before I move into my new place for good. I also picked up some dank ass sour diesel, amethyst, and mother clones today so I'm stoked on those, probably going to mother them until I'm settled.

B

Bigtimer7

Great job! Mad rep +++

ILl be hangin around and make sure your keep postin and we get some weight #'s

SirSmokalot

Veteran
loook at that big ol cola. gonna be a heavy one. nice decision. be care ful moving the girls in midflower. i just did that myself . no fun. be set up at new spot if possible to get them under light on schedual to avoid nanners and balls. best to move during dark hours if your gonna box them. best of luck
Sir

phattybudz

well my 2nd worst nightmare is in progress (the 1st is getting busted) : I just came home from work to find that there's a power outage in my apt. unit. Fantastic! 1 week from chop and this shit happens, I ALMOST can't believe this is actually happening, and then I remember how the rest of this has gone so far.

Now I don't know exactly what's going to happen because of this, and I'm thinking about chopping even earlier than I was planning, except I wanted to flush the hydro for a week and I can't do that without POWER!!!!

Is this going to fuck them up bad? I've got no idea how long the power has actually been off, or when its coming back on....BAH!!!!

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

Veteran
doubt it will be off for more than a day and bet it was off when you left. call the main office and see what the deal is.(nicely too) 1 time of this no power thing will be ok- dig it......there is enough Disolved Oxygen in the water to kep the girl kickin for a day or 2 no prob and they are so far along no need to fear a hermie. a nanner wont grow and pop in a flash. takes time too. make sure they(SOIL&BUCKETS) stay damp and get back on the schedual soon as possible. relax my friend all will be fine. this is yet another reason why i run my system at night. i am home with it during on hours- either messin with room or sleeping and can monitor it twice daily. when it comes on and b4 it cuts off. 8pm-8am.

phattybudz

Yeah thanks for the reassurance Smoke, it turned out to be fine, was back on when I got home, everything looks fine.

So I've got some shitty pics here (camera awol,) of some premature dried stuff and the canopy. I checked the trichs with a scope today and some of the soil is cloudy, no amber, and the hydro stuff has a ton of amber&cloudy already so I'm starting to flush that today.

phattybudz

Day 54. Early hydro harvest, put the soil in dark for the next 24 hours. Check em out! With all the stress that these went through, I'm pretty stoked at how they came out all in all....I think I'll get a QP but I'm not sure.

soil

Hydro

phattybudz

Jesus, trimming is tedious! Smells so good though. Took me about 3.5 hours (taking smoke breaks of course,) to trim all the soil plants today. The soil plants weighed 454g wet, so I'm thinking I definitely broke a QP including the hydro plants! Nowhere near my target, but I'm stoked I at least got that much with all the stress these kids went through.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
nice harvest man. trimming is tedious. get used to it with all the chron u r gonna grow lol

phattybudz

Final Post: #'s!!!

Total weight: ~6 ounces (not counting what I picked early and smoked.)

Here is a pic of the harvest basically (those fat nugs are still not dry... the soil buds probably weren't optimally dry also... they don't smell funny in the jars though so I'm not worried.)

Considering it was my first try ever and all the mayhem that occurred during this grow, I'm totally stoked to get .28 GPW, especially since I know I'm going to CRUSH that number next time. Seriously, I filled only 2/3 of the tent and what was in there I completely brutalized. I can't wait till next run... I'm bumping up to 1k, and 9 or 12 new buckets with a better rez.

If you stick with the waterfarms.

Drill more holes in the bottoms.

You can even make larger holes.
That will allow more root growth.

I also modded waterfarms. added top drip and a airstone in the bottom, then drilled out the holes.

I would also suggest keeping the res outside the hut.

Waterfarms/DWC rule if you get em dialed, but can also wreak havoc very fast!!!

Sirsmokealot made an excellent point about starting out easy. Very good idea.

I also made myself nuts growing with hydro my 1st grows.

It also helped me to learn. (also kept a few soil plants on the side to make sure I did ok. )

I clicked on your sig to see the 2nd grow, where is the new show? j/k

-Peace