What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outside Grower inside for the winter but outside soon in New York

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
May 4ths a good date for you?
it can be a bit early

DSCN7021x.jpg

this was May 5th 2023

DSCN7044.JPG

got a touch of frost around 18th or so

DSCN7057.JPG

6/17/2023

DSCN7092.jpg

7/02/2023

DSCN7134.JPG

7/23/2023

DSCN7232.JPG

8/23/2023

DSCN7259.jpg

DSCN7261.jpg

DSCN7264.jpg

8/26/2023

DSCN7469.jpg

the above plant is the one in the middle 9/17/2023 get them out early they get big :)

they might get frost but with big roots they will survive

I am west of Albany about 40 miles at 1150 ft and it can get cold in the past we would get a hard frost

Memorial day weekend

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

Timj

Broo youre gonna have some monsters haha I havent even started my seeds here. Past few years been starting them on 4/20. Need to get my head out of my ass because I havent even decided what im growing this year.

May 4ths a good date for you? Last year we got froze out may 18 east of Albany, only had veggie plants in the field but they almost all croaked. You got some big plants theyre probably a lot tougher though... I end up sticking stuff in the ground the first week of june or so most of the time but I should probably push it up earlier. I have never hit more than 2lb per, you must be doing at least a couple things right;)

Hoping to put 70-80% of biomass into concentrates/rosin. I will put out 6 but my math sucks so my 6s are double digits for some reason
I'm just below Albany and my plants went outside on the 5th of May last year. You must be on the other side of the Hudson river.
I too grow more than I consume. I give away a lot of weed and also grow a variety of strains. I don't need to grow for a few years. But, I love growing the plant so I'll still grow a few this year.

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
I'm just below Albany and my plants went outside on the 5th of May last year
I had a little frost the second week of May did not killem made them stronger :)

I too grow more than I consume. I give away a lot of weed
same here good thing when Johnny Law whacked down my plants in 2022 had to smoke seeded weed

until October 2023 :( made seeds in 2021

also grow a variety of strains.
that is why I have six different ones going out still working on finding something I can smoke and get

stoned on all the time so I can grow one thing

I had it for almost 8 years and then I had a neighbor from hell move in for about 6 years

but she got breast cancer and died

I wanted to throw a coffee can of unleaded and zippo on her but my wife said it was a bad idea

sometime I lack good sense

all the best and we are counting the days

Dequilo

Timj

I had a little frost the second week of May did not killem made them stronger :)

same here good thing when Johnny Law whacked down my plants in 2022 had to smoke seeded weed

until October 2023 :( made seeds in 2021

that is why I have six different ones going out still working on finding something I can smoke and get

stoned on all the time so I can grow one thing

I had it for almost 8 years and then I had a neighbor from hell move in for about 6 years

but she got breast cancer and died

I wanted to throw a coffee can of unleaded and zippo on her but my wife said it was a bad idea

sometime I lack good sense

all the best and we are counting the days

Dequilo
Luckily, most of my neighbors are growers and we all look out for each other. If someone that doesn't belong is seen in the area we all know within minutes.

I grew 7 different photo-periods outdoors last year and 2 sets of 4 auto-flowers in my greenhouse. I grow inside during the colder months so I always have a good variety to choose from.

I'm still looking for that one special plant myself. That's why I'm focusing on breeding with Ethos and Bodhi genetics this year. I've already picked my male/female of Ethos-Thug Roze. Three more strains to sex still.

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
Luckily, most of my neighbors are growers and we all look out for each other. If someone that doesn't belong is seen in the area we all know within minutes.
I am in the sticks on a dirt road of sort so people are not a real problem

the neighbor bought land unsurveyed at 40 acres more or less, but the deed said 28 more or less and she

was pissed

when I bought my place before I paid for it we had it surveyed, pinned and filed a map with the county

she said it was wrong but refused to survey

made my life a hell as it bothered my wife :( I could have cared less but she broke into a build took photos

of a grow and said she was going to call the Law

ripped a grow down 2 or 3 weeks from done that was worthless :( I did not grow for a couple years

brewed beer as I need a hobby

idle hands are the Devil's tool box

she died and it is all good now I have a neighbor that minds their business and I mind mine

so life is good

now that we can grow six :) no worries

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

laszlokovacs

I'm just below Albany and my plants went outside on the 5th of May last year. You must be on the other side of the Hudson river.
I too grow more than I consume. I give away a lot of weed and also grow a variety of strains. I don't need to grow for a few years. But, I love growing the plant so I'll still grow a few this year.
Dunno what you mean by other side but I'm barely southeast of Albany. The hudson runs right through albany/renssalaer from what I remember so if your on the west of the hudson yeah im on the other side.
it can be a bit early
Yeah im gonna push for a lil earlier this year ideally before june. I have fuck-all for a veg space and they only get a 4" pot to live in before they go outdoors to their forever home. I tend to end up keeping them a week or two too late and it messes with momentum usually.

This year I will try to work my plot up nicely on time (I say that every year lol) and try to get things outdoors while they still have nice momentum and young enough to really take off. I end up with too much regardless, but the thought of growing nice tall trees is too always too tempting, still have lots of flower from past two years. Still tons of of room for improvement for me, even if most of these plants in the pic were half harvested and I pulled the tops.
IMG_4907.jpg

Dbelle

Hope everyone had a nice 4/20

I went and picked up some Holy Communion seeds. I'm always interested in that old nyc haze. It's great seeing people keeping it alive and making new crosses out of it. Piffcon in June should be even more stuff to check out.

Hey Dequilo what are those clones you took in that picture?