What's new

Old School White Widow

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
The amber trichomes are pretty obvious to me specially on the 2nd picture they are definitely more than 10% on this part of the plant. I'd consider this plant done if it was my grow but maybe it's the tip of the plant and the rest is not so mature yet. Sometimes I take the more advanced flowers about a week before the rest of the plant to have the same type of ripeness all over the plant. When the whole plant is taken down at once it's possible some parts are not as ripe as other.
The amber are from top the others pics are farther down. I may do that later today. Especially since I am out of her. The last I grew I seeded the plant so I had less potency but not by a lot. I only had her with the male for a week with no fan. The last day. I shook the male over the female before removing the male. Left her another week then put her back after washing her. I got about 100 seeds. I donated most of them after trying the weed. I still have like 20. I grow 5 at a time of this strain. Last time I had 3 males I am kicking myself for not saving the pollen. Then I can paint a branch or two whenever I want. Next time I start autos It will be in late august to early September. I will save male pollen then.

OleReynard

The amber are from top the others pics are farther down. I may do that later today. Especially since I am out of her. The last I grew I seeded the plant so I had less potency but not by a lot. I only had her with the male for a week with no fan. The last day. I shook the male over the female before removing the male. Left her another week then put her back after washing her. I got about 100 seeds. I donated most of them after trying the weed. I still have like 20. I grow 5 at a time of this strain. Last time I had 3 males I am kicking myself for not saving the pollen. Then I can paint a branch or two whenever I want. Next time I start autos It will be in late august to early September. I will save male pollen then.
These were autos, Jan?

Nannymouse

I would also take my old widow cross (WW x NL#5) to the stage where it had about 20% amber. That was the thing to do, back then. Hardly ever hear of anyone taking their herb that far, anymore. That would be at about 10 to 11 weeks from flip.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I would also take my old widow cross (WW x NL#5) to the stage where it had about 20% amber. That was the thing to do, back then. Hardly ever hear of anyone taking their herb that far, anymore. That would be at about 10 to 11 weeks from flip.
I remember a cross with the same genetics but the other way, the mother was the NL and father WW, it was the NLX, famous in Europe for a while, it needed more time to flower than any of the parents, she needed 10/11 weeks. I've only grown some NLW seeds outdoor and I didn't have great results because I had to cut her too early she had just under 2 months of flowering, that was not enough to make her fully mature so not a great smoke, she finished transformed in hasch.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@acespicoli

IMG_20240514_165507.jpg

I bought It in Dusseldorf in the Fall of 1996
I understand very little german but I was bored and bought anyways lol

Nannymouse

I remember a cross with the same genetics but the other way, the mother was the NL and father WW, it was the NLX, famous in Europe for a while, it needed more time to flower than any of the parents, she needed 10/11 weeks. I've only grown some NLW seeds outdoor and I didn't have great results because I had to cut her too early she had just under 2 months of flowering, that was not enough to make her fully mature so not a great smoke, she finished transformed in hasch.
It was Willy Jack (Emery?) cross, so it would be 25% Haw. Sativa. That would make for a longer finish time, than if it was a 'straight' affy cross, maybe. Don't remember which was mother.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Wasn’t K2 nl x ww ?
Seem to remember it was chunky and crystaly but I preferred the widow

Edit: my mistake that lineage was crystal - K2 seems to be ww x Hindu Kush

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A friend bought one pack of Growi's K2 in Amsterdam...over 20 yrs ago ,and one pack of Sensi's Afghani#1.He grew them indoors.He and a couple of roommates (young students) lived in the 5th floor and you could smell the grow from the street!! Locos!! lol
They showed me their indoor and gifted me 3 rooted cuts of K2 from their 3 favourite plants

All were stinky ...a loud smoke,not really potent ime.. all very similar.I found It boring after a while.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
WW is my current daytime strain. If the train wreck is going to wreck me it wont be a daytime strain. I like to get wrecked but only after the parental units are asleep for the night. If I have to lift one if them, I need to keep my witts about me. (My Son is on night shift)

Mars_Barz

Well this thread was certainly a... read. LOL

Please pardon the following question, I'm an ignorant pleb in search of better ways to grow (and great genetics).

A breeder named Hazeman Seeds sells some strains that are made using white widow (aloha white widow). I take it that's not the elusive legendary strain in question?

OleReynard

Please pardon the following question, I'm an ignorant pleb in search of better ways to grow (and great genetics).

A breeder named Hazeman Seeds sells some strains that are made using white widow (aloha white widow). I take it that's not the elusive legendary strain in question?
None of it is anymore

goingrey

Aloha White Widow is a Hawaiian White Widow clone from 1998.

It is the same strain we are talking about. One plant of the strain anyway.