What's new

Old School White Widow

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I remember visiting a keen grower/breeder called INGEMAR - in East Nederlands - over 20 years ago - some people had said that Ingemar was the source of White Widow - in Holland - it was never absolutely clear to me if there was any real truth in the claim - 😉 - but he seemed to think that he was instrumental in some capacity or other - so was and still is a bit of a mystery to me - where White Widow actually came from -

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm afraid only a few people heavily involved in the seeds business know the real truth about WW and today it's impossible for an outsider like me to know for sure what is her genetic make up and original creator;
If even someone like Gipsy Nirvana who is a business insider doesn't know the truth, we don't have a chance to know it ourselves;
For years any good quality cannabis was called Super Skunk or White Widow, those 2 names were ubiquitous in Europe and many smokers thought they smoked some WW or SS but in reality it could have been another cross renamed for commercial efficiency. Our own memories of some smoke sessions can't be trusted neither can be the myth created around strain's origins. The only objective source of information is a nicely done grow journal who give all the details of the plants evolutions and characteristics;

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I remember visiting a keen grower/breeder called INGEMAR - in East Nederlands - over 20 years ago - some people had said that Ingemar was the source of White Widow - in Holland - it was never absolutely clear to me if there was any real truth in the claim - 😉 - but he seemed to think that he was instrumental in some capacity or other - so was and still is a bit of a mystery to me - where White Widow actually came from -
I hope you feel good today and your surgery went well. Good recovery.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I'm afraid only a few people heavily involved in the seeds business know the real truth about WW and today it's impossible for an outsider like me to know for sure what is her genetic make up and original creator;
If even someone like Gipsy Nirvana who is a business insider doesn't know the truth, we don't have a chance to know it ourselves;
For years any good quality cannabis was called Super Skunk or White Widow, those 2 names were ubiquitous in Europe and many smokers thought they smoked some WW or SS but in reality it could have been another cross renamed for commercial efficiency. Our own memories of some smoke sessions can't be trusted neither can be the myth created around strain's origins. The only objective source of information is a nicely done grow journal who give all the details of the plants evolutions and characteristics;
I have only become familiar with WW as a seed bank asked me to run testers for them. Best discovery ever. It is my new daytime strain. I have fibromyalgia and a laundry list of geriatric conditions, that all cause pain and inflammation. I also take care of Mom 86 with dementia. Dad will be 88 In July he has metastatic prostrate cancer which spread to his bones. He is the reason I started growing cannabis. His Dr advised against it. He has bad lungs too and his Dr think it will slow his breathing down too much. They did say I could make an ointment to help him. I looked up a recipe. It works great for pain. He is on so many meds already. He was on a hydrocodone 10mg. He was falling down and very unsteady. I started making canna salve and he does not even need to take pain meds anymore. I am not sure how it works but it does.
Back to the WW basically I need to keep my Whitt's about me. It is a great daytime strain. It helps with pain and nausea. It even helps with migraine. Afterward I can feel the buzz but I feel full if energy and ready to take on whatever. I really love this strain.

Prs2xs

So back to old school widow...Apparently beanhoarders, joeyweed and texankid, is that right? Some others have good representations still s1's and f's from old cuts. Anyone grown them out and got info.
I just finished one of Joey's f2 widow, only had one because I got 5 males and one female out of the seeds I sprouted. I don't think mine had as much resin as the ones you have shown, and this iteration of WW is more fruity with a skunk undertone. Previously, I grew some Dutch Passion WW, back around 2002, and it was so skunky that people could smell it when you were out in public ( on my clothes after being near the plants).
However, despite it's having an only average taste and nose, this is actually a nice smoke - I would say 6.5-7 potency, overall a solid 6/10 as a strain. I vegged it 7 weeks, and flowered for 10 weeks, could have used another 7-10 days, as the trichs were just mostly cloudy. Yielded 238g. These were from H**pd***t.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I just finished one of Joey's f2 widow, only had one because I got 5 males and one female out of the seeds I sprouted. I don't think mine had as much resin as the ones you have shown, and this iteration of WW is more fruity with a skunk undertone. Previously, I grew some Dutch Passion WW, back around 2002, and it was so skunky that people could smell it when you were out in public ( on my clothes after being near the plants).
However, despite it's having an only average taste and nose, this is actually a nice smoke - I would say 6.5-7 potency, overall a solid 6/10 as a strain. I vegged it 7 weeks, and flowered for 10 weeks, could have used another 7-10 days, as the trichs were just mostly cloudy. Yielded 238g. These were from H**pd***t.
I like the citrus smell and taste with a hint of pine on the exhale. Smells like heaven too

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I like the citrus smell and taste with a hint of pine on the exhale. Smells like heaven too
The first time I grew them they were subpar gor me as I am or was an outside grower. Now I do both inside and outside. The Phlizon Light I won on Cyber Monday giveaway got me growing inside too. I made errors the first time and the weed was spongy not hard but still looked good. It was substandard for me as an outside grower. As a new inside grower it was decent. That was 3 grows ago. Inside are only autos or for starting the outside plants.. I got some WW X Train wreck from @Ringodoggie which are doing nicey.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have only become familiar with WW as a seed bank asked me to run testers for them. Best discovery ever. It is my new daytime strain. I have fibromyalgia and a laundry list of geriatric conditions, that all cause pain and inflammation. I also take care of Mom 86 with dementia. Dad will be 88 In July he has metastatic prostrate cancer which spread to his bones. He is the reason I started growing cannabis. His Dr advised against it. He has bad lungs too and his Dr think it will slow his breathing down too much. They did say I could make an ointment to help him. I looked up a recipe. It works great for pain. He is on so many meds already. He was on a hydrocodone 10mg. He was falling down and very unsteady. I started making canna salve and he does not even need to take pain meds anymore. I am not sure how it works but it does.
Back to the WW basically I need to keep my Whitt's about me. It is a great daytime strain. It helps with pain and nausea. It even helps with migraine. Afterward I can feel the buzz but I feel full if energy and ready to take on whatever. I really love this strain.
Good for you if you found something useful in WW seeds, it is the main reason we are all growing cannabis, find a plant who will provide us the desired effects who are very different for each grower. Some look for pain medicine or sleep medicine other want mood enhancement and some simply want to get high for fun, everyone want something different from this plant and it can deliver for every one of us, that's where the is the true magic of this plant, it's incredible versatility.

endgegner

Me reading page 21
popcorn.jpg

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have smoked Widow from many ppl but only grew one DP's pack ...I think It was in 98 or 99

IMG_20240513_173049.jpg

Only got one good female that was "different"... Very good smell and taste ,much better than the rest .It cured to a beautiful blueish color.
I remember 20'Thai saying that there's was a "Blue" pheno of WW...well,unless the seeds were mixed...It existed,I found one before 20'Thai stated that

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
The first time I grew them they were subpar gor me as I am or was an outside grower. Now I do both inside and outside. The Phlizon Light I won on Cyber Monday giveaway got me growing inside too. I made errors the first time and the weed was spongy not hard but still looked good. It was substandard for me as an outside grower. As a new inside grower it was decent. That was 3 grows ago. Inside are only autos or for starting the outside plants.. I got some WW X Train wreck from @Ringodoggie which are doing nicey.
There is a thread for the WW X Train wreck.
I also got some unreleased beans from Bootlegseeds .com they are wite widoh photos. They will be getting soaked soon. They are photos. All the widow strains and crosses I have now are autos.

acespicoli

This would be good to add maybe link in the first page ?

FilterTip

Aug 11, 2005 #1

The Father of White Widow
Interview with Ingmar……from the greman cannabis magazine GROW

Grow? Hello Ingemar! You are known as “The father of White Widow” do you see it that way yourself?
Ingemar: Yes you could say that. I created a plant that became known under the name white widow.
Grow? Is the name from you too?
Ingemar: yes the name comes from the spider…
Grow? And “White”, because she´s packed with crystals.?!
Ingemar: Exactally, she is the first in the so called “White Family” later on other strains like white shark came as well
Grow? And what is so special about white widow, what kind of genetics are in her?
Ingemar: Well that of course is a secret! I can tell you this much she´s from two seeds that were breed and stablized for 6 years before being crossed together.
Grow? Where were the seeds from? From friends or from travels
Ingemar? The seeds came out of some hand rubbed hash
Grow? How exactly did you go about this
Ingemar: At that time Cannabis cultivation was not that big of problem in Holland.For the seed production you were allowed to grow big. I had fields that I could plant thousands so I could select the best under them.
Grow? What do you look for in a plant what are your guidelines?
Ingemar: That really is a secert as well. But let me say this I work with cannabis because for a lot of people this is there medicine, that’s how I go about it. That means I have been working with med pat. For over 15 years. I give them there medicine (for free) and they give me feedback on the different strains I gave out. The results were instant. So next to selecting for growth, mold resistance and yeild I also select for medical values.
Grow? How long Have you grown the cannabis plant?
Ingemar: Since 1980, I was 20 years old when I got my first seeds. Since then I have worked with plant on a daily basis 8 to 9 hours a day. During this time I have come to know what the cannabis plant needs to feel good so she will develop nicely. That’s how I came to relize that it takes 6 years for a cannabis seed to become a stable strain.
Grow? So you primarilly grow outdoors?
Ingemar: Yep, that’s what I´ve been doing for years, the plants that you see outside are from seeds that dropped last fall to the ground. They´ve been growing since Febuary.
Grow? Even through frost and bad weather?
Ingemar: Yep, those are some of the hardiest plants you will find they´ve addapted to our climate so good that not even our harsch weather will slow them down.
Grow? That sounds interesting, especially for our friends in the swiss…were can one get these seeds
Ingemar: well not yet, sorry. But when there ready then only at “De Sjamaan”. There you can purcase another strain of mine (purple Widow) she blooms early and gives good results outside. At the moment im working on the taste.
Grow? How exactally do you go about that? Do you plant a lemon tree next to a cannabis plant and the taste smell carry over?
Ingemar: it may sound stupid but you could do it that way, I myself have devloped a different way.
Grow? And that would been…………
Ingemar: when you use a fertilizer based on mango compound, the cannabis plant can obtain the falvor
Grow? And when you use a different fert then you can lose this taste?
Ingemar: Exactally, and that’s why I don´t care for indoor growing so much.Indoor the cannabis plant looses it own character
Grow? But with indoor you can obtain a garden year round. How do you care for your genetics over the winter
Ingemar: I use greenhouses for my mother plants..
Grow? Have you in all this time had problems with the law
Ingemar: Yes I have, I had to cancell our last meeting because I had a visit from the IRS….I was always open and honest with my cannabis growing to the government.and did not have any problems for a long time. A couple of years ago I then got a visit from the police and they took my plants. It came to a court case witch I won because I acted acourding to the law. The locale police assured me they would leave me alone. But then officers from a different district didn´t give a shit, and came by to take my plants away. I warned the police that I would make each one of them personally responceable for my loss, but they did not take me serious. And it turned out like I said free of all charges(again) and now the police have a problem because I followed the law they did not.
Grow?What allows you to grow here in holland when we hear of others grows being busted here in holland
Ingemar: up till 2002 the production of cannabis seeds were legal. Since that has changed ionly grow for scientific reasons. And growing for science is legal, I am the only one, that I know of in holland that can grow legally
Grow? Even indoor
Ingemar: No just outdoors
Grow? And how many are you allowed to grow? 5 is normal right
Ingemar: right, normally 5 per address, but I can grow as much as I like, they can´t do anything!!You have to remember that I´ve been fighting for 25 years against laws that make what I do illegal and since last year I have accomplished what I´ve been fighting for
Grow? But your not allowed to sell weed right?
Ingemar? No grass and no seed sales. I don´t grow for grass or for seeds I grow for science, the seeds that happen to come up are the collected and given to the company De Sjamaan
Grow? I understand…..are all strains at De Sjamaan variations of white widow?
Ingemar: basically yes, I have taken the original white widow and crossed her year for year and selected. That’s how the different strains came about from those two seeds but like I said it takes 6 years to stablize from there on
Grow? How is the Green house white widow? do they have the same one?
Ingemar: Yes it´s the same one. I gave Arjan the genetics and the name years ago he is the only one that has permission to use the name and genetics
Grow? Witch he has done very well with you yourself have not gotten rich?
Ingemar? No, it´s not about the money, to me it´s about the plant and the medical applications I find that´s more important that the money. If it were about the money I doubt I would have won in court!
Grow? Well not everyone thinks like yourself, have you heard of other growers treating there plants with posionious cemicals just for profit?
Ingemar: sure have, I´m currently writing a letter to the Minister complaing about this very thing for years he has allowed chemical weed to be sold in coffeeshops that lead to health risks down the line!
Grow? What kind of chemicals are they using
Ingemar: depends on the situation I have heard of them sprinkling coffee creamer a couple days before harvest to give them a white look or sparying hair spary over them for the same effect
Grow? People really do that
Ingemar: when it´s about money they will do anything
Grow? Do you use any pesticides or anything
Ingemar: no I just let it grow nature takes care of everything if you let it
Grow? But you do use fertilizers
Ingemar: yes, but only my self made mix
Grow? How is the THC content in your strains
Ingemar: I´d rather not take about that at the moment since the government is trying to bann strong marijuana
Grow? Okay back to white widow then, what in your opinion is the reason for the white widow popularity?
Ingemar: she is the first in the white line, she produces so much resin that one gets scared to smoke her. I have had little with her popularity to do all I did was give a coffeeshop dryed product that was entered in different cups and won.
Grow? Was it the weed
Ingemar: that’s what I asked myself, about the time white shark came out and immediately won a cup. I then entered the same weed under the name peacemaker and she won a cup so maybe it was the weed.
www.sjamaan.com This article was translated by
filtertip

but... like stated earlier 🤷‍♂️

acespicoli

Ingemar: she is the first in the white line, she produces so much resin that one gets scared to smoke her.
:yeahthats my fav quote from the article :ROFLMAO:
good ones are real day wreckers... hope you dont have any plans except the couch
old school red eye ,,,munchies,,, falling alseep with food cooking .... wake up eat couple tokes back out ;)
Yeah maybe keeping a tiva leaner is a good idea too!
1715684899017.png

1715685028780.png
1715685057087.png

Maybe someone remembers this grower? Not been active, best wishes :thinking:
He had the father line of white widow, ;)
1715685245937.png

Luiz's Manga Rosa

Last edited:

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
This would be good to add maybe link in the first page ?

FilterTip

Aug 11, 2005 #1

The Father of White Widow
Interview with Ingmar……from the greman cannabis magazine GROW

Grow? Hello Ingemar! You are known as “The father of White Widow” do you see it that way yourself?
Ingemar: Yes you could say that. I created a plant that became known under the name white widow.
Grow? Is the name from you too?
Ingemar: yes the name comes from the spider…
Grow? And “White”, because she´s packed with crystals.?!
Ingemar: Exactally, she is the first in the so called “White Family” later on other strains like white shark came as well
Grow? And what is so special about white widow, what kind of genetics are in her?
Ingemar: Well that of course is a secret! I can tell you this much she´s from two seeds that were breed and stablized for 6 years before being crossed together.
Grow? Where were the seeds from? From friends or from travels
Ingemar? The seeds came out of some hand rubbed hash
Grow? How exactly did you go about this
Ingemar: At that time Cannabis cultivation was not that big of problem in Holland.For the seed production you were allowed to grow big. I had fields that I could plant thousands so I could select the best under them.
Grow? What do you look for in a plant what are your guidelines?
Ingemar: That really is a secert as well. But let me say this I work with cannabis because for a lot of people this is there medicine, that’s how I go about it. That means I have been working with med pat. For over 15 years. I give them there medicine (for free) and they give me feedback on the different strains I gave out. The results were instant. So next to selecting for growth, mold resistance and yeild I also select for medical values.
Grow? How long Have you grown the cannabis plant?
Ingemar: Since 1980, I was 20 years old when I got my first seeds. Since then I have worked with plant on a daily basis 8 to 9 hours a day. During this time I have come to know what the cannabis plant needs to feel good so she will develop nicely. That’s how I came to relize that it takes 6 years for a cannabis seed to become a stable strain.
Grow? So you primarilly grow outdoors?
Ingemar: Yep, that’s what I´ve been doing for years, the plants that you see outside are from seeds that dropped last fall to the ground. They´ve been growing since Febuary.
Grow? Even through frost and bad weather?
Ingemar: Yep, those are some of the hardiest plants you will find they´ve addapted to our climate so good that not even our harsch weather will slow them down.
Grow? That sounds interesting, especially for our friends in the swiss…were can one get these seeds
Ingemar: well not yet, sorry. But when there ready then only at “De Sjamaan”. There you can purcase another strain of mine (purple Widow) she blooms early and gives good results outside. At the moment im working on the taste.
Grow? How exactally do you go about that? Do you plant a lemon tree next to a cannabis plant and the taste smell carry over?
Ingemar: it may sound stupid but you could do it that way, I myself have devloped a different way.
Grow? And that would been…………
Ingemar: when you use a fertilizer based on mango compound, the cannabis plant can obtain the falvor
Grow? And when you use a different fert then you can lose this taste?
Ingemar: Exactally, and that’s why I don´t care for indoor growing so much.Indoor the cannabis plant looses it own character
Grow? But with indoor you can obtain a garden year round. How do you care for your genetics over the winter
Ingemar: I use greenhouses for my mother plants..
Grow? Have you in all this time had problems with the law
Ingemar: Yes I have, I had to cancell our last meeting because I had a visit from the IRS….I was always open and honest with my cannabis growing to the government.and did not have any problems for a long time. A couple of years ago I then got a visit from the police and they took my plants. It came to a court case witch I won because I acted acourding to the law. The locale police assured me they would leave me alone. But then officers from a different district didn´t give a shit, and came by to take my plants away. I warned the police that I would make each one of them personally responceable for my loss, but they did not take me serious. And it turned out like I said free of all charges(again) and now the police have a problem because I followed the law they did not.
Grow?What allows you to grow here in holland when we hear of others grows being busted here in holland
Ingemar: up till 2002 the production of cannabis seeds were legal. Since that has changed ionly grow for scientific reasons. And growing for science is legal, I am the only one, that I know of in holland that can grow legally
Grow? Even indoor
Ingemar: No just outdoors
Grow? And how many are you allowed to grow? 5 is normal right
Ingemar: right, normally 5 per address, but I can grow as much as I like, they can´t do anything!!You have to remember that I´ve been fighting for 25 years against laws that make what I do illegal and since last year I have accomplished what I´ve been fighting for
Grow? But your not allowed to sell weed right?
Ingemar? No grass and no seed sales. I don´t grow for grass or for seeds I grow for science, the seeds that happen to come up are the collected and given to the company De Sjamaan
Grow? I understand…..are all strains at De Sjamaan variations of white widow?
Ingemar: basically yes, I have taken the original white widow and crossed her year for year and selected. That’s how the different strains came about from those two seeds but like I said it takes 6 years to stablize from there on
Grow? How is the Green house white widow? do they have the same one?
Ingemar: Yes it´s the same one. I gave Arjan the genetics and the name years ago he is the only one that has permission to use the name and genetics
Grow? Witch he has done very well with you yourself have not gotten rich?
Ingemar? No, it´s not about the money, to me it´s about the plant and the medical applications I find that´s more important that the money. If it were about the money I doubt I would have won in court!
Grow? Well not everyone thinks like yourself, have you heard of other growers treating there plants with posionious cemicals just for profit?
Ingemar: sure have, I´m currently writing a letter to the Minister complaing about this very thing for years he has allowed chemical weed to be sold in coffeeshops that lead to health risks down the line!
Grow? What kind of chemicals are they using
Ingemar: depends on the situation I have heard of them sprinkling coffee creamer a couple days before harvest to give them a white look or sparying hair spary over them for the same effect
Grow? People really do that
Ingemar: when it´s about money they will do anything
Grow? Do you use any pesticides or anything
Ingemar: no I just let it grow nature takes care of everything if you let it
Grow? But you do use fertilizers
Ingemar: yes, but only my self made mix
Grow? How is the THC content in your strains
Ingemar: I´d rather not take about that at the moment since the government is trying to bann strong marijuana
Grow? Okay back to white widow then, what in your opinion is the reason for the white widow popularity?
Ingemar: she is the first in the white line, she produces so much resin that one gets scared to smoke her. I have had little with her popularity to do all I did was give a coffeeshop dryed product that was entered in different cups and won.
Grow? Was it the weed
Ingemar: that’s what I asked myself, about the time white shark came out and immediately won a cup. I then entered the same weed under the name peacemaker and she won a cup so maybe it was the weed.
www.sjamaan.com This article was translated by
filtertip

but... like stated earlier 🤷‍♂️
Makes sense to me, but all I really care about is that it helps me with all of my medical conditions.

acespicoli

Makes sense to me, but all I really care about is that it helps me with all of my medical conditions.
Ingemar: That really is a secret as well. But let me say this I work with cannabis because for a lot of people this is there medicine, that’s how I go about it. That means I have been working with med pat. For over 15 years. I give them there medicine (for free) and they give me feedback on the different strains I gave out. The results were instant. So next to selecting for growth, mold resistance and yield I also select for medical values.

Best Wishes :huggg:

OleReynard

Who's Widow ya got Jan?

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Who's Widow ya got Jan?
I got them From JustCannabisSeed. Com. I made a few myself just to try. The ones growing now I grew from those. The inside one is bushy. I love it. The one outside is loaded with sticky nugs. I am officially out of that strain. Gave the last of it to my son on mother’s day. He asked if I had anymore. There was enough left for like 2 joints. The one outside has a week or so left the one inside just started to flower so 6 more weeks..ish. I use a scope to check trics. These were from yesterday. They have a week or maybe 2 I like 25% amber for daytime. They are just barely starting to get a few amber and you really got to look to see them.
Image_2024-05-13 17_36_26_458.png
Image_2024-05-11 09_19_25_322.png
Image_2024-05-13 17_37_05_663.png

Attachments

• IMG_4889.jpeg
    IMG_4889.jpeg
    945.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4891.jpeg
    IMG_4891.jpeg
    884.1 KB · Views: 5

kro-magnon

Veteran
I got them From JustCannabisSeed. Com. I made a few myself just to try. The ones growing now I grew from those. The inside one is bushy. I love it. The one outside is loaded with sticky nugs. I am officially out of that strain. Gave the last of it to my son on mother’s day. He asked if I had anymore. There was enough left for like 2 joints. The one outside has a week or so left the one inside just started to flower so 6 more weeks..ish. I use a scope to check trics. These were from yesterday. They have a week or maybe 2 I like 25% amber for daytime. They are just barely starting to get a few amber and you really got to look to see them. View attachment 19002459 View attachment 19002461 View attachment 19002463
The amber trichomes are pretty obvious to me specially on the 2nd picture they are definitely more than 10% on this part of the plant. I'd consider this plant done if it was my grow but maybe it's the tip of the plant and the rest is not so mature yet. Sometimes I take the more advanced flowers about a week before the rest of the plant to have the same type of ripeness all over the plant. When the whole plant is taken down at once it's possible some parts are not as ripe as other.

Latest posts

Latest posts