What's new

Old School White Widow

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
AI o @funkyhorse cabação

Have you seen police catching tonnes of Manga Rosa? Do you have some link to show those fabled Manga Rosa tonnes?
I grew Cabeça de Nego F2 and is indica bullshit, cant compete with paraguayan weed

Now show me DEA busting Wedding Cake, OGKush and Northern Lights?
When they bust weed, its weed. there is no name. Your questions are a joke.
Cabeça de Nego is sativa, you should have smoked shit of cow.
Paraguayan weed is a shit close to these weeds you never heard about. Poor you, they are AMAZING.
Keep being fooled by TLT and spanish breeders.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Thread about White Widow.

Does anyone here is growing this strain, has real photos from you growing this strain but me?

Just a bunch of trolls?

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
You are a bit stupid, but I'll explain, I didn't say he has a patent, where did I say that?
Can you point where I said he has patent on a strain name? Are u fuckin retarded?

There was GHS and its two partners who sold WW. They split up and one kept the name, Arjan, so he owed the name. The other, to create a distinction, created another name. Between the first great WW sellers, Arjan owed the name. There was not 2000 seedbanks replicating strains at that time. Today, people create new strain names instead of stealing the ones created by other people.

If you want to call your mother WW, that's your problem.

There are so many stupid people on this forum, you have to explain everything, fuck off.
Bro...you are deluded..

Arjan has never created a strain. Franco yes, Franco was his breeder. I firsthand bought seeds in late 90s early 2000s, I somehow from your response think you did not, and are just regurgitating internet lore. I can assure you that everyone was knocking off everyone elses seeds back then. Every seedbank had their own version of a white widow, from the first seeds that was made available, did the other seedbanks buy a packet and by next season had their own versions for sale with the f2's they had made from those seeds. This was the same for Jock Horror and all the rest. A lot of those seedbanks are still around to this day. Also what was happening, is that a lot of the seed production was outsourced, the white label widow and the sensi widow were 100% identical back in the day, the seeds were the exact same seeds it was obvious if you grew them side by side. And then the swiss raids happened, and it all went pear shaped.

And for a relatively new member here you should refrain from calling people stupid, bullshitters and telling them to fuck off. Hold your mouth a bit and chill the F out..ICMAG is a civilized place. We only used to reserve that language for posts about LEO. Now its mainly legal in most places, so chill the F out, do us a favour.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Because you don't know the old school one.

Old school had thinner leaves. Distance of internodes means nothing, maybe you should just get your plants close to the light.

And breeding. Learn about genetic pool and how can you choose traits to do what you want to do.
Late 90s widow had FAT leaves...fat like the fattest indica.. But long big leaves from being a hybrid. The bud would be indica dominant on a big sativa frame of a plant with larger internode spacing. But I would say indica leaning hybrid. The white label was like from the same batch of seed. The other seedbanks, would grow out like f2's with indica leaniing plants and sativa leaning plants. The GHS version early 2000s (2003/4?) would grow out like a really good quality dutch haze hybrid but be very much unlike other widows. The sensi and the white label seeds post the swiss raids, after mid 2000's grew out very sativa with dense buds but thin leaf and completely different citrus dominant terpene profile.
What year did you first grow white widow? From what source was the seed?

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Late 90s widow had FAT leaves...fat like the fattest indica.. But long big leaves from being a hybrid. The bud would be indica dominant on a big sativa frame of a plant with larger internode spacing. But I would say indica leaning hybrid. The white label was like from the same batch of seed. The other seedbanks, would grow out like f2's with indica leaniing plants and sativa leaning plants. The GHS version early 2000s (2003/4?) would grow out like a really good quality dutch haze hybrid but be very much unlike other widows. The sensi and the white label seeds post the swiss raids, after mid 2000's grew out very sativa with dense buds but thin leaf and completely different citrus dominant terpene profile.
What year did you first grow white widow? From what source was the seed?
Photos?
Is not what all the photos suggests.

Nirvana from 2005-2008 - Exactly like the ones in his website. Perhaps they were the first to hack strain.
And you, can you show your photos, not something you get online?

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Show us your white widow. Trolls...LOL
SHOW ME YOURS!!!

You are the one here stealing photos online, not me.
Stop posting someone else work like you did above.
If you what a journal is, check mine, I have pics from an ongoing WW there.

Yes, you are a troll stealing photos online and saying that are yours.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Bro...you are deluded..

Arjan has never created a strain. Franco yes, Franco was his breeder. I firsthand bought seeds in late 90s early 2000s, I somehow from your response think you did not, and are just regurgitating internet lore. I can assure you that everyone was knocking off everyone elses seeds back then. Every seedbank had their own version of a white widow, from the first seeds that was made available, did the other seedbanks buy a packet and by next season had their own versions for sale with the f2's they had made from those seeds. This was the same for Jock Horror and all the rest. A lot of those seedbanks are still around to this day. Also what was happening, is that a lot of the seed production was outsourced, the white label widow and the sensi widow were 100% identical back in the day, the seeds were the exact same seeds it was obvious if you grew them side by side. And then the swiss raids happened, and it all went pear shaped.

And for a relatively new member here you should refrain from calling people stupid, bullshitters and telling them to fuck off. Hold your mouth a bit and chill the F out..ICMAG is a civilized place. We only used to reserve that language for posts about LEO. Now its mainly legal in most places, so chill the F out, do us a favour.
FU if are old and a liar. Stop lying and show something not stole from internet.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Bro...you are deluded..

The one here looking for something like yours imagination, are you, not me.
My old WW had thinner leaves, you quoted my post to say its not.
Respect is for the ones who respect.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
@maryjaneismyfre after a look, in your 12 years here, dear veteran, you dont have a single photo from a WW plant. Just a couple of pics took with an old cell phone, not a single decent one.

You're really a f.ing troll. LOL.

acespicoli

White Widow /
Manga Rosa male over
N. Indian Indica Female
? Correct

Seedsman Reg seed female keeper 1/10
No proper male found, disclaimer...
im very picky
May try a few more packs

Up on future runs
White Widow greenhouse
Black Widow. MrNice

Who has the best widow saw some grow diaries and the Seedsman they had going was impressive, will add some pics later.
Old widow from the 90s had a very skunky smell on some of the phenos, and was deadly nap time potent :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Nannymouse

i think we have that already but it is rare to find it all in a batch, like Secretariat the triple crown winner who had 660 offspring but none matched him,all in all he put out great stock but he didn't sire another triple crown winner,maybe he passed it on but the chosen females didn't combine but when the progeny mate and so on down the line eventually the odd one will pop up again .
Secretariat's physical ability came from the mother, and it's one of those genetic things that only can be transmitted by the female. The male offspring can have the advantageous ability, but cannot pass it on. Look to the sisters or mothers or aunts to find those with the large hearts. So i've read.

Alpenglow

38 prizes and no breeding? Can you prove he is lying?
You are lying. Ans getting photos from someone else online.
Are u there, working with Franco to affirm it?
Or just another voice inside you veteran head?
Sponsor the Cup, win the Cup. That´s how its done back in those days :rolleyes:

xtsho

You are a bit stupid, but I'll explain, I didn't say he has a patent, where did I say that?
Can you point where I said he has patent on a strain name? Are u fuckin retarded?

There was GHS and its two partners who sold WW. They split up and one kept the name, Arjan, so he owed the name. The other, to create a distinction, created another name. Between the first great WW sellers, Arjan owed the name. There was not 2000 seedbanks replicating strains at that time. Today, people create new strain names instead of stealing the ones created by other people.

If you want to call your mother WW, that's your problem.

There are so many stupid people on this forum, you have to explain everything, fuck off.

You can believe anything you want.

Arjan claims to be the creator of WW. He owns the name. Why not believe him? The most important thing is under his belt.

You seem to be arguing with everyone over some silly rumor you read online. Your problem begins with the fact that you believe the cannabis fairy tales told and passed around by a bunch of stoners that you've read online over the years. How smart is that? I won't bother lowering myself to resort to name calling like a child as some do. I suppose you think Santa Clause is real as well. How about the tooth fairy? Santa Clause owns the name Christmas. Why not believe him. See how silly you sound?

Oh, and learn the difference between trademarking a name and registering a patent. They are two separate things. A name can be trademarked just by filling out a simple form and applying for it. Obtaining a patent is a much more complicated process and is used primarily for inventions not names. Plants can be patented as long as they were reproduced asexually. That would exclude seeds. Plus in the United States a patent lasts 20 years so even if it was true WW would be outside of those 20 years.

You said they owned the name. Do you still stand by that and believe that to be the truth like you stated? Because if you do you are the one that can be considered the name you called me. You're dependence on using random unknown entities and stories gleaned from the internet for your facts is a seriously flawed methodology.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
curb your behaviour Marz and stop making trouble and being argumentative ...
Well, is what I stated above. You are imitating me now.
Believe in whatever you want.
Thats what you people do.
You can believe anything you want.

Since you never had any experience with the WW, regarding the thread title, best for me is block your useless presence in my feed.

You seem to be arguing with everyone over some silly rumor you read online.
There is no truth about it. Everything is a rumor, including your brilliant ideas.

Again, lack of understanding of yours. Patents, trademarks and copyrights are different types of registers, I never said that he has it registered. You are saying it. Having something is different than having the exclusive ownership of it. He has the name.

Well this thread turned to shit pretty fast there
Trolls and non growing lurkers.
I restarted the discussion stopped 3 months ago to talk about the growing plant. People came here to discuss the origins of WW and never had a single plant under his lights. Before it, there were 13 pages. Escalated fast to 20 with a lot of pics got online, no one showing a single photo from his own place. The thread got lost now. And still have two WW growing here, now. The only one doing it.