What's new

Nirvana strains - your personal experiences?

Z

Ziggaro

I've grown out 2 nirvana strains Ak-48 and White Widow
My first go with them I popped 5 AK 5 Widow. 1 AK didn't germ, 2 died, and the other 2 were male so I didn't get to try any :/
My widow was better 5 of 5 germ, 2 were male but 1 was dwarf and the other 2 were nice females. I had some knockout smoke from these, and have to warn you to beware!! I smoked with an occasional smoker (had been over a year since last smoke) and he totally freaked out, and ended up going a little psycho for a bit (forgot who I was). He passed out and hit his head, ended up with a concussion and a nice cut. I also made some clones from one of the plants, 3 of which successfully completed. Considering I'm a complete nub to growing and to cloning, I consider the fact that I was as successful as I was is due to the plant being very easy to manage.

My second go a year later with improper seed storage. Still, 8 germed, 2 were culled, and 3 were male. I have 1 ak and 2 ww in a cab right now under 600 watts of HPS temps around 84/72 day/night
I have to say this was my sloppiest grow from the beginning and I my box was basically in construction up until flower. Once I got my setup right the plants really took off, and have turned into my biggest and best plants yet. Very hardy plants, and at least the WW is an excellent high which can even be a little trippy at times and is quite energetic.

THCforus

I've grown out Ice, blue Mystic, bubbleishious, and am currently growing NL-5 - BB, Power Plant, B-52, K-2 and have Cali-o on the back burner. Love Nirvana, don't mind the variation at all. Thats how i got some really good keeper Mom's. Lookin' forward to tryin them all, at that price, why the hell not?

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I've had good experience with Snow White and a friend found a bangin' phenotype of Ice that was straight up lemon flavored...

medtoker

I am currently growing Nirvana's Jock Horror and Pure Power Plant. Germ rates were excellent, with 100% germed (2 JH, and 1 PPP Fem). Growing in a small space and a newbie grower all under CFL lighting. JH looks to be a real producer, main cola is at least as large as a can of soda with 10 to 15 additional bud sites and I have at least 3 more weeks. PPP developed some kind of tan colored mold on the leaves, and I immediately cut it down at 46 days flower. Even still I expect to get at least a 1/2oz from this plant.

phattybudz

nirvana big bud is the worst fucking strain I've run out of 20+ strains; it was so weak I couldnt believe it. I go clone only now.

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
AK48 autoflower?

AK48 autoflower?

Got an AK48 from Nirvana less than a month old showing female perflowers. Early aye? Hope it finishes up just as quick! I like Nirvana :canabis:

I

icon

i found that plants that preflower early tend to harvest about a week or so early & it makes the hunt to eliminate males or find a father easy.

Currently growing Papaya from Nirvanna -

Arrived nicely packaged and stealth in a timely manner

Got ak-48 / white rhino / misty (no ones talking about that one) as well

8/10 papaya cracked in a couple days
1 went alien on me and stopped growing so it went

the 7 left just got transplanted in my rubbermaid and at 21 days veg and now 3 days flower they are moving FAST-

have two noticeably different plants - 2 shot up and continue to want to stretch and
had to take 8 or so inches out via LST to keep the canopy correct.

the rest are indica dominant - short and fat - little side branching on any of them

I will keep you posted with the results

After reading the above remarks - I am looking forward to the ak-48 and White Rhino I have waiting

What kind of stretch can i expect with these at this stage -
I do have a lot of luck with the FF open Sesame in keeping them on the shorter side

SoSincere

i tried many different nirvana offerings, and although they all had great germination, I never found a keeper. Some looked amazing, yet had no potency at all. They are still a great choice for the first time grower or someone testing a new technique

MapleMonk

MapleMonk said:
i´ve been growing only the aurora indica from nirvana, really nice-looking plant with a good potency.
found another aurora indica pheno that is a sickly sweet smelling goodness !! real tasty smoke !!!

G

Aurora Indica is an excellent plant. The guy that breeds it for Nirvana clearly possesses a one of a kind NL daddy and and exceptional affie mommy and when he smacks them together, the high priced, high browed breeders should fall to their knees in honor. They cant compete with the quality or the potency.

Ive grown her a few times now outdoors and have learned to dial her in. 55 days of flower, 100 days of cure and Ill stack her potency and kick up against any indica strain by any breeder anywhere in the world.

NickMode

I just grew some Top44, ak48, and PPP outdoors.
the ppp and ak48 were great.

The Top44 i grew was phenomenal!!! It is my pride and joy of this grow. It smells like nothing ive ever smelled before. It smells like blueberrys. This is my first grow but this bud is killer. Recommended any of the above 3 to grow, but especially the top44.

Great thread!!! Provides a lot of info about Nirvana which seems to have pretty quality seeds and genetics for such a low price

Thinking about getting Ak-48 and Bubbllicious over the original Ak-47 and Bubblegum

whyme2

I enjoyed Nirvanas ak-48 and aurora indica (watch the smell with this one) - had very bad germ rates with master kush (1 of 10).