What's new

NFL 2019-2020

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
It was great! I put it in the refrigerator after it was done because I hate hot shrimp I like it cold. Not bad. I'd make it for you dirtballs. Well what's everyone else up to tonight? I'm high and laying on the leather loveseat and watching news on the 55". I have 2 leather power recliners, one in each room. Buzz keeps the shades down in that room because he looks at juggz.com in there. Great place though. Question why is that framed photo or art on the wall so LOW? It's as high as the ottoman. Nice place buzz. What was the strain you harvested? Hawk you cooking tonight? Bababooey is crackhead bob still alive? Drak ted bah. Poprocks you eating large tonight I recall?

shithawk420

Veteran
looking good doob! Went to the pantry and got a turkey breast,doughnuts and a caramel apple pie and some other stuff. hopefully it fits on the grill. probably gonna have sandwiches. might go to another pantry later if my mom is up for it. shes not feeling well though

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
looking good doob! Went to the pantry and got a turkey breast,doughnuts and a caramel apple pie and some other stuff. hopefully it fits on the grill. probably gonna have sandwiches. might go to another pantry later if my mom is up for it. shes not feeling well though
I'm sorry your mom is sick. ♥️
I used to go to the food pantry all the time and grab some really good stuff but mom works like two jobs now so she has a lot of extra money to get me groceries and leave them over here for me and takes me out to dinner a lot

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hawk do you drive around everyday or do you walk I don't have a car my mom does she brings me places like the dentist and s*** like today and to The dispensary

shithawk420

Veteran
yeah im in the same boat. my mom wanted to go to the pantry so i went with. they actually had some good suff.fruit and veggies were old though. i got a whole tray of mixed fruit fto, i think walmart. they are pretty old but im gonna put them in a blender or something.

I need to see a dentist soon too.might have to get some veneers or crowns or something

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow DOOBAHH! those shrimp look good man
how about mixing the garlic and all that shit in a blender and making your own sauce!
call it the juice, just dont mix up your spit bottle with the sauce bottle
/do you dip at home?
im eating left over ribs from the other day but i and sandwiches earlier
got some nice bread at the store and a bunch of deli bologna and mayo
/dont judge me!
have left over au gratin potatoes so im going to go with that as my side along with some radishes and asparagus my mom grew

so i was cleaning house today and came across a bunch of stash!
one of the jars was from a few years back, a strain i dont even grow anymore but my eyes lit up like it was freakin christmas
i am a big fan of fresh weed but sometimes those old jars smoke different
this old stuff has me buzzed like crazy
so smooth too

that sounds like a haul from the food pantry hawk! i love me some turkey breast and you can get a box of stuffing on the cheap if you dont have it
sorry to hear your mom is not feeling well, is she ill or just sick of your shit?
/jk bud, you know how i can get
a nice smoothie would be a good healthy snack man

buzzmobile

Veteran
What strain something from down south?
That is Hippy Slayer hanging in the center. There's an Animal Cookies x 88 G13 hanging over the open closet door. I need to put them in jars this morning. They came from down below. ;)
Nice room buzz! really eclectic! got bows and arrows and are those blue Polaroids? Cant find the pizza steel
Thanks, @shithawk420 . It is eclectic. The 'arrows' standing in the corner are atlatl darts. A few years ago a state park near us had a Stoneage and Primitive Arts Festival. There was a bowyer with osage orange bow blanks, flint knappers, and an atlatl display with DIY kits. I have to replace the metal field points on a couple of darts. There are a lot of fancy ones, but the atalatl itself has been used by humans for 30,000 years.

DSC04936.JPG

DSC04937.JPG

DSC04940.JPG

This is the one I made from the kit. I had to dig it out of the corner.
20240320_062233.jpg

20240320_062321.jpg

20240320_062307.jpg

oh wow buzz! that is a cool looking study
dude im totally digging on that pink cut out bird thing!
watch out for all that pot hanging in there, those look like some nice flowers
is the pizza plate that black square in the lower left? i also saw a cool dog mug on the table
It is a catch all with mostly my 'stuff' in there, but MamaD has a couple of shelves for her 'stuff'. The pink cockatoo is a little something from my sister in law originally for MamaD. She was not into it but I was. LOL The pink color matches my eyes.
I hang the plants first at the top of the stairs leading to the basement. Then they hang from the ceiling fan to finish drying completely if needed. Once dry I pluck leaves and drop them onto a visqueen sheet on the floor.

You are correct with the pizza steel location.

The cool dog cup was from a cool dog we inherited under sad circumstances. Our neighbors got him as a puppy and he was a big red golden retriever named Winston. Very smart and gentle. Neighbors had issues in their marriage and wife left, husband hanged himself, and Winston was lying by his feet when another discovered him. Neighbor had a couple of dogs already so he asked if I would take Winston. He was a great dog and he lived 13 years with us.

Question why is that framed photo or art on the wall so LOW? It's as high as the ottoman. Nice place buzz.
I took a panorama photo and it distorts the scale of things. The ottoman is a cabinet actually. The print is a rendition of the Badlands. It is hung lower because the wall space is filled elsewhere.
20240320_062013.jpg

The 'blue Polaroids' you mentioned, @shithawk420 , are probably the shades that are on the fish sculpture above. I have to find a picture that will be a two birds with one stone type.
Winston the Wonder Dog studying entomology in the study.
510.JPG

771.JPG

i am a big fan of fresh weed but sometimes those old jars smoke different
Oh yeah they do. It is surprising how differently time in a jar changes the flowers.

The shrimp look good, @D. B. Doober . It is easy to overcook them and that is the worst thing you can do to a shrimp.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Oh cool the Badlands! Someday. I like your place @buzzmobile you've got a fine home. Hope that g88 x animal cookies smokes good! You're doing alright! 👍
When we took our trip out west we stopped and stayed near Badlands. It is a spectacular place. The formations look different depending on weather conditions. I took a lot of pictures there. I'll post some for you later. I have some rat killing (running errands) to take care of first. Parsley wine and 409 are on the list.
LOL

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
August 2nd Gillette Stadium down in Foxboro!!!!! Bought my ticket a year ago for $200. Never been to a Metallica concert. Last concert I went to was Taylor Swift. Saw Ratt. Saw Ozzy and Tool
Screenshot_20240320-092031.png

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Good job on the skrimps, DB, although next time hopefully you can cook a full batch. Only downside is whenever i cook seafood in the air fryer the basket smells like seafood for a couple days afterwards. Wiping down the grease pan will help the smell go away faster.

I think Buzz would have made a fine naval officer but maybe he dodged a bullet not going to officer school, he would still have had an interesting life probably but maybe not so eclectic. The navy is good for traveling and seeing other countries tho.
Winston looks like the bestest boy, and that fine white mask in his later years gives him a dignified look. You did a good thing taking him in after so much tragedy in his life.
Have you ever used an atlatl for spear fishing, Buzz? I guess that's a thing.

So that jar of aged flower is what, 5 years old, Pops? Aged cannabis is like aged tobacco, smooth smoking and very strong. Maybe you should make it a thing, start setting aside flower to age for years, like bourbon/whiskey makers do. That's some high end toking right there, bet there would be a market for that if u ever cared to sell it.

There's not much you can do, Hawk, except make sure she takes her meds as scheduled. Hopefully you being more sober means youre more present in her life and able to take better care of her, not that you werent trying before. And like u said, she can often be frustrating at times but remember, she's in a bad way so her attitude is probably not the best.

I think Steelers fans are very happy with their 2 new QBs this season, got Russ (no more chef, he's not 'cooking' anymore) as a steady veteran and Fields as the exciting backup, and together they're cheap, they're paying them half of what sam darnold got from the vikings (1 yr, 10M).

Now Clemson filed a lawsuit against the ACC over the exorbitant exit fee penalty to leave the conference, maybe in a year or 2 you'll see FSU, Clemson and maybe UNC/Miami leave the ACC for the SEC.

Im going to have to step up my food/cooking game, going to see if i have anything worthy of posting...

buzzmobile

Veteran
Have you ever used an atlatl for spear fishing, Buzz? I guess that's a thing.
No we messed around with throwing at hay bales. Never spear fished. We made our versions of Hawaiian slings as kids with empty thread spools, a strip of inner tube, and some wire hangers.
1710945957931.jpeg

We straightened the hangers and hammered one end flat and try to make a point. There were flood control canals that we snorkeled around with our slings firing at mostly bream. More misses than hits, and hits usually bounced off of the fish. Kid fun for sure.

Here you go, @D. B. Doober
P7250282.JPG

P7250285.JPG
P7260312.JPG

P7250275.JPG

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
No we messed around with throwing at hay bales. Never spear fished. We made our versions of Hawaiian slings as kids with empty thread spools, a strip of inner tube, and some wire hangers.
View attachment 18976023
We straightened the hangers and hammered one end flat and try to make a point. There were flood control canals that we snorkeled around with our slings firing at mostly bream. More misses than hits, and hits usually bounced off of the fish. Kid fun for sure.

Here you go, @D. B. Doober
View attachment 18976028
View attachment 18976030 View attachment 18976031
View attachment 18976026
That's pretty amazing 😍 thanks buzz!

buzzmobile

Veteran
That's pretty amazing 😍 thanks buzz!
When you get out there to the Badlands it is not much farther to Mt. Rushmore, The Crazy Horse Memorial, Custer State Park (lots of bison and a beautiful drive), The Mammoth Site and The Devil's Tower.
1710950678428.jpeg

1710950737504.jpeg

P7280380.JPG

The Dude below was monstrous. We were stopped on the road as the herd walked by. I could have grabbed him as he walked by the mirror of our truck.
P7290466.JPG

P7290467.JPG

P7300493.JPG

P7310519.JPG

P7310520.JPG

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
When you get out there to the Badlands it is not much farther to Mt. Rushmore, The Crazy Horse Memorial, Custer State Park (lots of bison and a beautiful drive), The Mammoth Site and The Devil's Tower.
View attachment 18976069
View attachment 18976070
View attachment 18976071
The Dude below was monstrous. We were stopped on the road as the herd walked by. I could have grabbed him as he walked by the mirror of our truck.
View attachment 18976073

View attachment 18976075

View attachment 18976076

View attachment 18976077
View attachment 18976078
Amazing! You are very lucky to have gotten to travel there buzz! Maybe someday for me. Been as far south as the equator but not further west than Pennsylvania. Great pictures and memories buzz!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow @buzzmobile , love those pics of the badlands (the color man, the colors!) and mt rushmore is def on of the places i would ilke to see on of these days
some of that looks like steep a$$ sh!t and i wonder if people climb that
plus totally digging on the archaeological site man! thats right up my alley and i like how they have it preserved and on display!
and lets not forget about that bison man, that thing must have been huge!
winston certainly does look like a wonder dog (totally mug worthy) and im glad he found a good home with you
thats sad about his former owner man and the guy must have been at the end of his rope to do that :(
we used to fish with hawaiian slings! mice was a long metal pole with the rubber tubing and they were pretty good at spearing fish
/soonk! now i have a struggling and bleeding fish attached to a rope
no food pics but im still giving you the #chefskiss for posting kick ass content brother!

i will go and dig up the jar in a few baba and be sure to post a pic, im sure its several yrs old
i found two jars of the same stuff we called it bc-L, one was partially full amd that the one im smokin o,but the other is fresh sealed from the day it was jarred
/thats going to be a real treat
im thinking im going to roll a fatty and smoke some later tonight
i think the russ/pitt thing could work out for both of them
and with fields sitting on the bench this could be the next step for them to get back into contention
step you game up brother! at least burn a piece of toast and sprinkle some cinnamon on that thing!

hey hawk, hang in there borther and be there for you mom
that sucks shitting yourself but it happens
maybe she could wear those adult diapers or at least put on an extra pair of undies
but she has you to help her out, take good care of moms man

kick ass to all you guys!

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Good early morning, @pop_rocks , thanks for checking out the pics. It was a trip of our lives that covered 11,000 miles over three months. The entire Black Hills are in South Dakota was exceptional. Our family camped and traveled together on vacations. We got to see things from the Smoky Mountains to the Grand Canyon and parts in between. We spent one summer vacation going around Florida and checking out as many state parks as we could fit into three weeks.
Manatee Springs was my favorite park on that trip.

My Mom had the travel bug and she had a friend who shared the same bug bite. They went to Italy a couple of times and Hong Kong once. Dad had his European and Asian experience in WW II and Korea. He took a pass on travel outside the USA.

I think fighting a speared fish underwater would not be fun. My snorkeling and scuba time was more for watching fish and seeing stuff.

It's Feed the Family Day. We rotate monthly dinners with my sister and brother and their spouses to keep in touch. We're within 45 minute drives of each other. A smoked ham, green beans, sweet potato casserole, and carrot cake are on the menu.

Later Taters!

Latest posts

Latest posts