What's new

New Masterblend Cannabis formula?? 0-20-42

I just got a notification from custonhudronutrients.com that the Masterblend 0-12-24 is in stock and on closeout. Says theres a new formula replacing it. 0-20-42. Wasnt aware of any issues with the 0-12-24

After looking over the profile it just seems like the 0-12-24 WITHOUT magnesium. And for the folks that look deeper into nutrient profiles and make their own mixes from salts.... This stuff is ONLY mono potassium phosphate, potassium sulfate, and micros. LMAO. Masterblend jumped on the bandwagon trying to make super magical unicorn piss fertilizers to screw the newbs growing their herbs for the first time.

Last edited:

Avenger

Veteran
After looking over the profile it just seems like the 0-12-24 WITHOUT magnesium. And for the folks that look deeper into nutrient profiles and make their own mixes from salts.... This stuff is ONLY mono potassium phosphate, potassium sulfate, and micros. LMAO. Masterblend jumped on the bandwagon trying to make super magical unicorn piss fertilizers to screw the newbs growing their herbs for the first time.

Gooseman23

When you say ONLY these things you say that like somebody else has some magic stuff in theirs? That’s what they all are and some canna companies just claim it’s magic… master blend, jacks, etc… charge a fair price for it unlike some of these canna companies. It’s ONLY things that we know works that’s not a bad thing. Right? And he only charging $67 for a 25 lb bag and you’ll use 3 gram per gallon! That’s over 3,700 gallons of bloom feed for $67… You won’t find these things cheaper than this from any nutrient company unless you buy in bulk and mix yourself…

Last edited:
When you say ONLY these things you say that like somebody else has some magic stuff in theirs? That’s what they all are and some canna companies just claim it’s magic… master blend, jacks, etc… charge a fair price for it unlike some of these canna companies. It’s ONLY things that we know works that’s not a bad thing. Right? And he only charging $67 for a 25 lb bag and you’ll use 3 gram per gallon! That’s over 3,700 gallons of bloom feed for $67… You won’t find these things cheaper than this from any nutrient company unless you buy in bulk and mix yourself…
I think you should re read what I initially wrote and educate yourself a bit about nutrients before the entire internet thinks you have zero reading comprehension skills. Oh wait, too late... lol

I said ONLY because it's clearly written that I DO make my own nutrients from salts. Every company uses the exact same salts in different ratios dude. Duh.

You buy somebody else's products because you have no Clue how make your own nutes yourself. That 67 bucks gets me damn near 50lbs of potassium sulfate. 50lbs of calcium nitrate is 58 bucks.

By the way young man. My 'masterblend equivalent' calls for
.85g MKP
1.25 KH2PO4
Micros

My best advice to you is stay out of the hydro stores and cannabis forums, and learn real botany.

xtsho

They pulled out the magnesium sulfate because they were having clumping issues but have you add it yourself along with the calcium nitrate.

If I were to use Masterblend I'd get the 5-11-26, add calcium nitrate, and be done.

weedemart

jack hydro 5-12-26 is a superior version of masterblend. Dont make the mistake thinking it's the same.

Read label carefully.

Gooseman23

I think you should re read what I initially wrote and educate yourself a bit about nutrients before the entire internet thinks you have zero reading comprehension skills. Oh wait, too late... lol

I said ONLY because it's clearly written that I DO make my own nutrients from salts. Every company uses the exact same salts in different ratios dude. Duh.

You buy somebody else's products because you have no Clue how make your own nutes yourself. That 67 bucks gets me damn near 50lbs of potassium sulfate. 50lbs of calcium nitrate is 58 bucks.

By the way young man. My 'masterblend equivalent' calls for
.85g MKP
1.25 KH2PO4
Micros

My best advice to you is stay out of the hydro stores and cannabis forums, and learn real botany.
Man I read what you said. You literally said it’s ONLY bla blah. And I was just stating that they are all ONLY bla blah. Including your nutes that you make. And please speak what you know. It’s a YouTube channel called science in hydrooonics or something like that literally teaches you step by step how to make your own nutes. So yes I’ve actually watched it and was going to make my own but then when it was time to buy I realized that for a small scale grower like myself I would be buying in bulk to make the price make sense and I simply don’t need as much as I would have to buy to make it make sense. So if I did buy what I needed it would actually cost me much more than buying a bag of premixed nutrients. Any who againyall saying they jumped on the band wagon but you don’t understand what the band wagon is. The nutrients that over charge people hundreds of dollars per small run are the issue. $70 for nutrients that will last a small scale grower a few years is completely reasonable. For example compare to Athena who charges over a hundred dollars for cal nit and they put their micros in it to make you have to buy their brand. That is BS. And we don’t even wan to get into companies like adavanced nutrients and bla blah. The point is with all things considered grabbing a bag of master blend or even jacks is wayy more affordable than most brands. And yes you can beat the price if you want to create your own nutrients. But even that for someone like me didn’t make sense for the scale I’m running. But yea man do what you want. But don’t tell me what I don’t know when you don’t know me. I’ll revert back to an earlier conversation I’ve grown plants completely FREE using jadam natural farming. Which is even cheaper than you buying all your different parts and mixing yourself. So yea if you don’t know how to do it for free then don’t tell me about how you’re saving money. It sounds dumb to me.

xtsho

Man I read what you said. You literally said it’s ONLY bla blah. And I was just stating that they are all ONLY bla blah. Including your nutes that you make. And please speak what you know. It’s a YouTube channel called science in hydrooonics or something like that literally teaches you step by step how to make your own nutes. So yes I’ve actually watched it and was going to make my own but then when it was time to buy I realized that for a small scale grower like myself I would be buying in bulk to make the price make sense and I simply don’t need as much as I would have to buy to make it make sense. So if I did buy what I needed it would actually cost me much more than buying a bag of premixed nutrients. Any who againyall saying they jumped on the band wagon but you don’t understand what the band wagon is. The nutrients that over charge people hundreds of dollars per small run are the issue. $70 for nutrients that will last a small scale grower a few years is completely reasonable. For example compare to Athena who charges over a hundred dollars for cal nit and they put their micros in it to make you have to buy their brand. That is BS. And we don’t even wan to get into companies like adavanced nutrients and bla blah. The point is with all things considered grabbing a bag of master blend or even jacks is wayy more affordable than most brands. And yes you can beat the price if you want to create your own nutrients. But even that for someone like me didn’t make sense for the scale I’m running. But yea man do what you want. But don’t tell me what I don’t know when you don’t know me. I’ll revert back to an earlier conversation I’ve grown plants completely FREE using jadam natural farming. Which is even cheaper than you buying all your different parts and mixing yourself. So yea if you don’t know how to do it for free then don’t tell me about how you’re saving money. It sounds dumb to me.

I agree with you. But please use paragraphs instead of a wall of text when posting. It's much easier to read that way.

As you were.

gemini918

What are peoples thoughts of Yara's offerings? Much cheaper than Masterblend and Jacks is not accessible in Europe.

YaraTera KRISTALON BROWN (3-11-38 + Mg, S, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn)
YaraTera KRISTALON RED (12-12-36 + Mg, S, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn)

xtsho

People are using Yara products and they don't even know it. Yara is one of the biggest fertilizer manufacturers in the world. They produce the N-P-K used in many of the overpriced cannabis specific nutrients. They have factories that make the raw materials like calcium nitrate and other ingredients.

Gooseman23

What are peoples thoughts of Yara's offerings? Much cheaper than Masterblend and Jacks is not accessible in Europe.

YaraTera KRISTALON BROWN (3-11-38 + Mg, S, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn)
YaraTera KRISTALON RED (12-12-36 + Mg, S, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn)
Run it! Your base nutrients not that important to be honest they are all the same ingredients. Different ratios but cannabis is a weed and she isn’t as picky as we make her out to be. More importantly tho make sure to run biostimulants. Like Fulvic, kelp, microbes, etc…but any base nutrient from a good company like Yara will do the job

gemini918

Run it! Your base nutrients not that important to be honest they are all the same ingredients. Different ratios but cannabis is a weed and she isn’t as picky as we make her out to be. More importantly tho make sure to run biostimulants. Like Fulvic, kelp, microbes, etc…but any base nutrient from a good company like Yara will do the job
Thanks. do you know if fulvic can be used in RDWC?

pilto

Thanks. do you know if fulvic can be used in RDWC?
I believe it can be applied as a foliar, if not directly into your res. Though it might gunk stuff up. I know my emitters get gunky but I'm always abusing them with stuff like Recharge.

Last edited:

ShowMe_Cannabis

Give them a food with low or no N and watch as your faves croak and your yields go to shit.
Or how about being in control of your N throughout flower and having actual terpenes you can taste and smell. Instead of pumping so much N in flower you have vegetative growth, excessive stretch, and bud that smells like chlorophyll. 👍

Latest posts

Latest posts