What's new

New Grow '08 - DSD, Toe Jam, and Biddys Sister

Snootch

Hey all, just thought I'd start this grow diary to better catalogue my grow as it goes along. I'm growing Rez's DSD (KK's Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel IBL) x (KK's Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel IBL);Legend's Toe Jam (Cheese clone x Flo); and Biddys Sister (Early Skunk x Sensi Star)

So far I'm about 30 days into veg. Using a medium of perlite, coco, and vermiculite (would have been just coco and perlite but didnt have enough coco so added the vermiculite). GH series of nutes (Lucas formula), with super thrive and rhizotonic thrown in.

I popped 20 DSD beans and all 20 sprouted, had 9/10 results with the Toe Jam, and 5/5 with the Biddys Sister.

They are currently all under a 600watt HPS, and will be put into 12/12 in a week or 2 (once I get my other 600watt HPS set up).

Last edited:

nandro

I've grown DSD and Toe Jam in the past and I can honestly say you won't find two smellier herbs in one patch. Nice ones, best wishes...the smoke on them is real nice. Toe Jam is a real treat.

Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

Snootch

I installed the new 600HPS yesterday and set them to start 12/12 tonight. I had to move around everything in the closet to adjust for the 2nd 600w hps. I also bout a HTG grow tent for mothers/clones/veg that i set up and put in the closet, so now I'm 100% out of room.

This run is pretty much entirely for clones and pheno selection. It's the next run that will be the nice one. After this ones thru I plan to grow out about 4-8 plants, each in a 5 gallon bucket, 100%coco or DWC, 2-4 plants under each HPS.

I've been using Head and Rez's formulas for GH Micro and Bloom (6ml/9ml) with some superthrive thrown in, and will be adding kool bloom for about a week in about 2 weeks (day 14 flower).

So far the DSDs are the most vigorous growers, with the Toe Jams coming up behind, and the biddys sister in last (though before I got the new 600w hps, they were in a corner where they werent getting as much light as the other plants.

Oh, and forgot to mention I'll be taping up those clear containers with black tape in the next few days or so (shouldnt be a problem yet as no roots have reached the edges of their containers)

Top: 10 DSD; Middle: 10 Toe Jam; Bottom Left: 5 Biddys Sister; Bottom Right: 10 DSD

Top: DSD; Bottom: Biddys Sister

Top: DSD; Bottom: Toe Jame

Last edited:

Snootch

Heres a lil update. Its almost impossible to get a good angle in the grow room cuz of how tightly packed everything is, so pardon the crappy pics.

Day 15 Flower

A couple shots of the closet DSD in the back, then Toe Jam, Then Biddys Sister in the front.

A couple shots of DSD in the back and Toe Jam poking up her heads in the front.

Snootch

And to get a good idea of the height, the DSDs on the far left and far right are around 35 inches tall.

I really dislike this method of growing though for my space. I have no room to work, everything is just too squished together.

I hope to get 1 or 2 stand out phenos per strain so that I can just grow 4 -8 nice sized plants next round.

Snootch

Day 20 Flower Update

Day 20 Flower Update

Things are starting to get exciting in here.

First up the first bin of 4 DSDs (double strawberry diesel, forgot to mention that before). So far I would say these are the top performing plants in the garden, they are also in the only bin that consists of about half coco half perlite. All the DSDs are starting to put out the trichs. Not really smelling much yet, but they should pack on a ton of bud (they are all over 30 inches tall).

Heres the 5 Toe Jam:

And the other bin of DSDs, theres 6 ladies in here:

and the 4 Biddys Sisters:

I can't wait for the end of May, I have a feeling I'll be trimming a lot of nice bud.

Thanks to all who stop in :rasta:

Snootch

Well, its official, I suck at cloning. :bashhead: Out of the 50 or so clones I took, only 5 or 6 are gonna probably make it. Same problems as I had when I tried a bubble cloner and rockwool, the stems just turned to mush and the clones just fell over and died. This go I definately didnt over saturate or over mist or anything, but I think the culprit (and the one constant thing ive used in all my tries) is the rootech cloning gel. If the few clones that survive arent from one of my keeper phenos, than I'm going to have to make a go at trying to reveg.

Next time I clone i'm definately NOT gonna use any cloning gel or powders. I'm gonna go 100% heads method, clones put in a wick cloner, thats it, no additives or anything. Hopefully that works out lol.

thatguy

Nice job, things look real nice in there. Out of curiosity, what type of medium did you clone in this time? I'm completely new at cloning, and I'm depending on clones for my entire outdoor harvest this year. Real scared that I'll fuck up, and I'm on a search for advice.

Good luck with things, gonna keep my eye on how things progress for you.

Snootch

my suggestion would be to try a few different methods and see what you are most comfortable with. This round I cloned in rapidrooters and placed the rapid rooters in a wick set up (2 bins on 1 on top of the other, perlite in the top one with wicks poking down into the bottom one which is a reservoir), and i used rootech cloning gel, and almost all my clones have died. I had the same problems when i tried rockwool and a bubble cloner, and the one common tie through all of those is the rootech cloning gel, so I have a feeling that is the culprit.

So I guess id also suggest to experiment, many people have great success cloning in many different ways, buy some cloning gel or rooting powder, but only put it on some of the clones, see what works best in your environment. Make sure the medium is never too wet or too dry, mist or dome if you need to because of wilting

Next round im going to go with no gels or powders and just put them directly into the wick cloner, as I am starting to see that keeping it simple really does produce good results.

Snootch

Update Day 26

Update Day 26

Here we are at 26 days flower, things are still going good, no problems thus far. Great success! (<-in best borat voice)

Heres the DSD girls:

Bin 1:

Bin 2:

The ToeJam virgins:

The Biddys Sisters:

and a couple group shots of the gals:

Snootch

HAPPY 420!!!!!! :jump: :headbange :jump:

Heres a big update, Day 31.

I moved the bins all around so that now I have all the DSD on one side, and the Toe Jam and Biddys Sister on the other. Things are really starting to look and smell nice!

The DSD are in the back, Toe Jam and Biddys Sister up front.

First up, all the DSD super sexy sweet virgins! These are the starlettes of the room, the divas, the creme de la creme!

Last edited:

etncrew

Hey snootch, real nice setup you have going on here. Sour diesel and strawberry cough are two of my all-time favorite strains, I bet the cross is wonderful. Looks like you are a few days ahead of me, I'm currently flowering a couple of lovely bagseeds :joint: they are currently on day 19 of 12/12 and already starting to pack on the trichomes. Hopefully all goes well from here on out.

Peace and Stay safe

Etncrew

Snootch

Thanks etncrew, I really hope I get a couple phenos that represent the original parents fairly well. Would be real nice to have some nice sour d type bud, some nice starwberry d type bud, and some bud that is a good mix of the two. So far by what i'm seeing and smelling, this could very well come true. :headbange

thatguy

Real nice. Those plants look beautiful.

Thanks for the info, I'm planning on going with rapid rooters along with Olivia's gel. You actually weren't the first person I've talked to who's had bad things to say about Rootech. Hope a switch makes all the difference for you.

etncrew

Snootch - It's always nice to see the hard work you put into something come to fruition :)

I'm thinking one of the bagseeds I popped 9 weeks back could have very well come from some sour diesel. It's definetly got that sour D smell to it

Snootch

Wussssssuh everybody! Day 38 flower over here in teh Snootchie Shack. The virgins are really starting to look niiiice.

First up we got the DSD girls, I'm pretty sure I can already guess which plants will be the keepers, can you?