What's new

New digs--first attempt

G

Nice as always. I'd love to hear more about the S15 lineage and grow/smoke characteristics.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Man sonoma - that plant looks like a wild wildabeast crazy close in growth. Perfect plant for a sog - solid columns of bud. You sure know how to present a grow, looks textbook my friend! :yes:

sonoma

Thanks Mr.greenjeans and shmokin, glad to have you here.

I'd be glad to talk about the s15, because I love it. I grew out 5 s15 plants in the shed formerly known as the 10lb shed, and they yeilded 1 lb, with only a 10 day veg, and it finished early at about 7 weeks. Whenever I get a strain, I try not to let it pass me by before I see it through a couple of cycles. So, I got 6 s15 clones from a friend, bloomed 5, and was left with one. I almost lost her, and after a long hard road she's back in full force, and now I keep several mothers of her just in case.

According to Jason King's Cannabible 3, S15 is a five-way cross of afghani#1, Northernlights, Haze, hindu Kush, and skunk #1. He doesn't speak that highly of the strain other than it's yeilding power. Contrary to what he says, I think it tastes great, and yeilds great. perefect.

I'll take some photos of her as she grows......

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
I like your approach - IMO it's hard to learn about a plant without growing out a few at least twice. The lifesaver I was growing took me three grows to get it right - my bad, I just couldn't believe it needed more mag than i was giving... :pointlaug

S15 lineage aside, if your specimen tastes good, has good potency, and yields for you in an acceptable time, life is good!

Great ride - I feel like I'm on the first climb on the 'coaster :D

samurhigh

my new digs

my new digs

first couple of pics are new rm the short pk and the tall is OG Kush the other pics are the old rm

jack flash ny diesel g13 mk ultra

url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/14937P1200014.JPG]
14937P1200014-thumb.JPG
[/url]

url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/14937P1200018.JPG]
14937P1200018-thumb.JPG
[/url]

sonoma

I've got some equipment for the other room.....living in the living room wouldn't be bad. That's why they call it a "living room". I've also got the babies to fill it.... :laughing:

Finnally changed the light cycle, and managed to burn a couple nice plants with Floralicous plus....I guess I added too much.....not bad, but not that good either.

I have a few clones in there that had no veg time at all, so that will be interesting to see how they turn out. Size, quantity and such.

N

Neptune

I'll be watching... great room sonoma.

I always wonder why you grow in 6" rockwool cubes though.

They are easy, but man... they really hold a plant back. :/

sonoma

I've actually have half of the room in 4" cubes to try it out. But I think eventually I will go back to pots fill with coco core. Rockwool is kindof pissing me of right now. I have some mature plants that need more, so ya they are holding me back......what do you suggest?

N

Neptune

For a little extra labor, you can do rockwool slabs with cubes on top. This is what I use, becuase I'm a rockwool junkie... can't get off the stuff.

But honestly, I am trying to get into Coco Slabs or 2 gallon pots filled with Coco. I have heard and seen great results from coco, and the buds taste and smell better when finished. I have a few more crops of rockwool to finish up (bought a lot of the shit) then I am switching.

Ebb and flow with coco balls, silica rock is also a fair option. flood like 4-5x a time.

sonoma

I've seen your set-up, and its very nice. I am trying to get away from rockwool, or at least use smaller rockwool, so I can water more times a day. Currently, I flood once a day, and when they're young they don't consume enough water, so the cubes are soaked.

I'd prefer having an NFT setup, or at least some sort of hybrid. I thought of using coco in mesh pots, then fill the whole tray with clay pellets, so I could water like six times a day, and the roots would be free to grow, because as soon as the roots reach the light they die, obviously.

Usually, their life span is so short that I don't have to worry about it, but things are different now, and I'll need to do some tweaking.

sonoma

Here are a couple pics from another room that have some of the same strains...these plants are 2 1/2 weeks bloom....

S15.......

Norhternlights/g13/white widow.........

G13..........

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Hey Sonoma, I found your "current grow" and answered some of those questions I asked ya. :)

Nice lookin girls, how bout some more pix of those buds now?

Peace

BB

sonoma

Sorry, it did fall off. I had a bunch of problems, I didn't want to show how awful I was doing. I am still remodeling.......already......pics will soon follow.

G

A few days back i was reading the 10 lb shed. It linked me to this. I was about to posted some praise, but then i noticed the date. Thanks for bumping this ineffable and thanks for giving us an update sonoma. Cant wait to see the show when it's back on track.

G

Morning Sonoma,

Glad to see your back at it. Really enjoy your threads. Was curious as to the size of the room your in now. I'm a Ebb&Flo fan, but not a fan of RW. I either use the old clay balls or Ready-Gro. I liked the Ready-Gro and will be giving it another run soon. Nice Coco mix with other goodies. You take care and can't wait to see more pics. Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Later,
BG