What's new

Neem Oil and Why it works and what it does

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Neem will not harm you if you smoked buds treated with it, nor will it make your buds taste bad...

Just hold off on it for the last week or two of flower and you'll be solid.

G

I've just started using neem. I was skeptical till I saw Suby uses it - he knows his stuff.

My huge tomato took such a beating from whitefly (we're talking hundreds per leaf) that I had to cull it from the greenhouse and as the next toms came through the whitefly wound up in all corners of the greenhouse.

I have used the neem 3 times now over 2 weeks. The whitefly is still present but I see far less of them and hardly any egg deposits.

I have eaten spring onions nasturtium, spinach, several herbs, all after being neemed. No ill effects and I'm very fit with a tight organic diet, so should know if it's got any immediate problems with digestion. Didn't taste it but a very faint smell of it. The fish don't seem bothered by it, the bacterial colony is active.... None added to water of course, too scared till I get an all clear on Aquatic life, but some drift spray definately got in the pond. I'll use it systemically on a small AP system one day and see how it goes.

We could not get the whitefly off a neighbours potted gourds which was affecting the toms next to them badly. Then we moved the gourds from this windless corner out where it's more open and the neem/wind combo has made a big difference.

Very grateful neighbour, the toms are now flourishing instead of fading and even the gourds look set to provide a good feed with cukes picking up overnight.

Great stuff!

I have thrip and aphids in the growroom but got to harvest first before I deal with (neem) them. Some mantis young are keeping them in check for now, nothing like the numbers I usually associate with aphid and thrip.

Could some of the OFC old boys comment on their application times/ratios and methods please.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High guys :wave:

I love neem and have been using it for a year or so. It works great but be careful with seedlings and young plants. It gives a good N boost i believe and can burn the leaves and generally mess up your babies.

Sposed to be good for scalp conditions like dandruff too :D

spongegirlz

wanted to chime in with another bravobravo regarding neem oil and it's remarkable worth :woohoo:

if it weren't for all the experienced growers here (like the author of this thread I'm Boggled + many others) sharing their experiences, would have never known about this amazing natural product called neem oil :yes: it really works beautifully

at first the scent is rather :yoinks: but now that we've been using it regularly, honestly, it's rather pleasant to us :yeahthats

when watering, add a few drops to every container + every third-fourth day, mix 7drops / per 24oz spray bottle and foliar spray, including top of soil, and so far :woohoo: plus the plants seem to really adore it's moisturizing qualities

the confidence meter was sooo high after using this product over the last month or so, making the flip to 12/12 a pleasure

thank you ALL who shared your experiences about this incredible natural organic product :canabis: we're forever in your debt

haze crazy

Castile soap and neem oil rocks! I spray it on everything that grows. I first found neem via my wife who uses neem toothpaste. Then we found some neem dog shampoo. What other natural substance deters the bugs and mold? IDK

:listen2:

Hey everyone :)
Doing my first grow now, been using neem oil ever since I started, its working pretty well, I had a thrip problem at first but the neem sorted the problem pretty quick :D My plant is starting to flower now and not sure how long I can still use it, any suggestions would be appreciated
Peace to all of you, and btw great thread!
:joint:

intlplayr

Great info on Neem thanks! I have Einstein oil (cold pressed Neem) and DM' s Penetrator (wetting agent). Was going to use them both. But can anyone tell me if it's ok to use while lights on? Or when is ideal time to spray? Light soff? Just before lights on /off?

Latest posts

Latest posts