What's new

My WATER Cure....

clowntown

Veteran
Jersey Cretin said:
7. also your able to feed full strength until chop.. no flushing period...another pro.
Will plants finish properly if fed full strength 'til the end? :confused:

Jersey Cretin

I started flushing 7-10 days prior to goin to the Jar.
Water helps remove any left over fertilizers.
No nasty black chunks of crap in my bowl...Totally White Ash!
Smokin pure trichs'.

Jacksparrow

Well, I have no idea how water curing is done but after reading all this about how it removes smell/taste/appearance I have no inclination to learn.

So thanks for that

CornBread

Thanks for that? Rude...

The main thing with water cure for all those that still don't understand is stealth.

I can lay on the public beach which is packed with people and smoke water cured joints all day in the sun on my towel with just a hint of tobacco in them. No one ever notices. I even smoke 'em on the streets walkin up and down among poeople and cops. Do that with your jar cured skunks :bashhead:

Jersey Cretin

Thanks Brother "CornBread" !
I was like, what the HELL....no one told him "He had to cure this way"
Just a different way...
Very STEALTHY...indeed.
Second plant was much more potent. Got the Trichs' nice and cloudy ! ! !
Sticky Finger Time...ooo YEAH !

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I'm going to try a water cure with a few buds from the next chop, just for shits.....Jersey, when the PO says goodbye, say goodbye to jersey. Me n George Washington crossed the delaware. He surprised the hessians, and I sleep at night lol. The soil rules there, though........

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I did notice a reduction of taste and smell from the buds I had water cured, but also had a significantly better smoke.

One of the things that water curing will do is remove Ammonia & Nitrates which make some ganja more toxic then tobacco. Before you flame, from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

Whilst some studies and tests have proven inconclusive,[45]a recent study by the Canadian government found cannabis contained more toxic substances than tobacco smoke. It contained 20 times more ammonia, (a carcinogen) and five times more of hydrogen cyanide (which can cause heart disease) and of nitrogen oxides, (which can cause lung damage) than tobacco smoke.[46

Heres the link to the BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7150274.stm

A regular cure is not going to get rid of these carcinogens. All those PPM's that come out with water cure, thats these chemicals.

Kenny Lingus

Hi blokes, or gals!

This was a funny read! I really never cured in water, but have "rinsed" some dry/cured buds in water (and milk) and the taste got smoother and more mellow. Guess the smell was affected too...

I was really drunk and tired one night just a few weeks ago. I decided to get a bite of food in the kitchen and of course; I DID NEED a joint to go with the meal... So I was preparing the whole feast when I suddenly caught myself half asleep with eyes closed just in the very moment as I was pouring WHOLE MILK into my loaded rolling bowl!!!?! As a result I rinsed that gram in lukewarm water (an idea from an old grow guide booklet of Christiania - Copenhagen). Next morning I fisshed it out of the water bath and left it to dry.... And I'll sure do that again. For travellign I can jst rinse of some stench and press it in a pollen press and wrap it tightly. Almost as good as hash and oils IMO, but I prefer smoking weed before resins on a daily basis so I'm all for this...

All I miss is good instructions on water curing processes. Hint hint;-)

Last edited:

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Mr Celsius said:
I did notice a reduction of taste and smell from the buds I had water cured, but also had a significantly better smoke.

One of the things that water curing will do is remove Ammonia & Nitrates which make some ganja more toxic then tobacco. Before you flame, from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

Heres the link to the BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7150274.stm

A regular cure is not going to get rid of these carcinogens. All those PPM's that come out with water cure, thats these chemicals.
something tells me that bud was not organically grown. :joint:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Kenny Lingus said:
I suddenly caught myself half asleep with eyes closed just in the very moment as I was pouring WHOLE MILK into my loaded rolling bowl!!!?!
Milk curing. I love it! Good for bones and teeth.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Hey, another water cure thread, huh? :wave:

I love my water cure, a bit of all my harvests get water cured. Gotta have my edibles and my stealth stash! Being at the hospital with my father in law the past coupla days would have been much worse if I hadn't grabbed a bit of my stealth stash.

Here's my usual contribution to w/c threads, from my sig

NiteTiger said:
Water Cure:

Place your buds into a container that will hold enough water to cover the submerged buds by at least an inch. I personally use a cooler with a drain spout. For the first 2 or 3 days, the buds will want to float, so you'll need something to hold them underwater. I use thin fry baskets to prevent from compressing the buds, but you can use anything that will hold them under, like a plate or even a board.

Keep the container in a cool, dark place, out of direct sunlight. Do not cover the top of your container. Mine sit in the back of my closet with the lid of the cooler open. Once a day, drain your water and add fresh water. Repeat for 7 days.

On the seventh day, remove the buds from the water, and dry. Because the buds are water logged, dehydrators are preferred for drying water cured buds, but not necessary. Standard hang drying is not recommended, due to the high water content making mold an extremely likely occurence. I personally use a cake cooling rack, with a fan blowing across and under it.

Heads Up:

Do not use the water cure on seeded bud - the seeds wil try to germinate and die.

Water curing robs your bud of its aroma, flavor, and, some say, bag appeal. It will, however, leave you with an extremely smooth, stealthy smoke. You can also expect a slight increase in potentcy, because the water cure does remove more weight from the bud. With a standard dry and cure, you'll generally see 25% of wet weight returned, whereas with a water cure, you should only expect about 15%.

Water curing, in my experience, is best used for 'Stealth Stash' and edibles. A significant portion of every one of my harvests gets water cured, because I'm more likely to reach for my 'Stealth Stash' than my jar cured, and also because I love edibles. Edibles with water cured bud don't have that telltale taste and smell, and I have smoked my stealth bud with police officers walking within arms reach.

Water cure is also excellent for crops that have not been properly flushed, or were over ferted. Some have also reported using it to great success on moldy buds, but I do not recommend it - moldy buds should be extracted or trashed, period. DO NOT SMOKE MOLDY BUDS, IT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS, LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS.

The water cure is just like every other tool in a gardener's arsenal - use it correctly and you'll love it, use it wrong and you'll hate what it does to your crop.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
C21H30O2 said:
something tells me that bud was not organically grown. :joint:

Ya, something tells me that as well. If you do a good job at "flushing" the nitrates out of your plant (I.E. make it use up the available N) then you won't have nearly as much carcinogens.

Its really sad that the commercial guys don't give a fuck. I grow for myself and a few others and quality is of the utmost importance.

clowntown

Veteran
If you take the water from the water cure (of unflushed buds) and let it evaporate on glass, will you see salt residue?

Kenny Lingus

I guess you gonna see alot of residue Clown, but maybe not in crystalline form.
Lots of dust and shite I guess and whatever the plant leafs sweat... (I did havuds oozing out some syrup coloured nectar a few times.)

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Please do not misunderstand. I make NO implications of denigration to anyone's use of cannabis. Many know it has use beyond just "gettin' baked" and it truly deserves it's place on A pedestal. But I feel that some get so caught up with its' subtleties that we often lose sight of the true meaning of words like "medicine" and "sacrament" and place it on too TALL a pedestal. If one's use of cannabis is to alleviate pain and/or physical health, then weed is the tool to achieve it. If a doctor prescribes antibiotics to cure an infection, the goal is for physical well being and the antibiotics are the tool to achieve it. And if one's goal is for emotional and/or spiritual growth then cannabis is the tool to achieve it. The shaman does not worship peyote, he/she worships God/s and peyote is the tool the shaman uses to get closer his/her Creator, to understand the world and our place in it. One does not NEED taste or aroma to ease one's severe back pain or to stop violent and constant vomiting from chemotherapy. It is the connoisseur that judges the quality of the high, taste, aroma, texture, the method and techniques of growing, etc. It is those particular forms that take precedent over function, which makes it a "toy." But even then it has it's place. Again...PLEASE...do not misunderstand It is not my intent to flame or give rise to controversy...my intent is to keep cannabis upon the pedestal it belongs but NOT place it on a shrine so far away as to be unreachable in any mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical well being that ALL human beings deserve. And water curing is just one way to achieve it.

Namaste, mess

Last edited:

oldtoker

im not sure if im misunderstand but baiscally this is for no organic growers, and is for commerical grower who needs to dampen the smell right????? i wonder if a organic buds fed with nothing would lose wieght after water cure compared to same size bud of no water cure. how can smoke get smoother than flavoerd air that gets you high???? im willing to try this to see what happens, i think ill go with nitetiters system. let you know soon... soon.