What's new

My seed whore adventures. Where bad idea's are born.

Hmong

Veteran
She just cost me $15,000 today.

I would do the hit for 30.000 and a plane ticket^^
Just so I can taste/try some of my pollen chuck beans at least.

sounds good!
but better to grow one strain at a time in such small space, because even if you don't plan on releasing any pollen, you have the least risk of (cross)-contamination.

saying that with especially winter conditions in mind, which gonna stress your plants a lot, so you should expect herms. Or at least be mindful about the high possibility.

I'd suggest 8 plants of the same line, if you got regulars just pop a couple more, to make up for the males.

I find that's the exciting part. Finding something unique or down right tasty.

more plants = more phenos for the hunt ;)

also it's always good to define a goal of the grow and stick with it.
you gotta ask yourself ahead:

Am I going to make seeds? keep clones? or stash only?

just to make sure that you have all the right equipment & setup beforehand

420PyRoS

I would do the hit for 30.000 and a plane ticket^^
😆 hahah

She's on the hook for the bill today. I'm not paying it all myself.
but better to grow one strain at a time in such small space, because even if you don't plan on releasing any pollen, you have the least risk of (cross)-contamination.

saying that with especially winter conditions in mind, which gonna stress your plants a lot, so you should expect herms. Or at least be mindful about the high possibility.

I'd suggest 8 plants of the same line, if you got regulars just pop a couple more, to make up for the males.
Absolutely! I'm just not sure which line to pick from. I'm excited to see all of them except the sativa cross. Probably be 16 weeks plus on those buggers.

I suppose I could get away with 8 lil buggers.

My only goal is to just see what's in those beans. I can't do much under the circumstances, but taste testing is my favorite part anyway.

The only goal I could think of, is if I find a stellar female to keep half ass alive through winter to make some clones for next spring planting outside.

Hmong

Veteran
The only goal I could think of, is if I find a stellar female to keep half ass alive through winter to make some clones for next spring planting outside.

ok, then you got 2 options.
Take clones when lollipopping in early flowering, or take no clones and leave some lower branches for re-vegging just the keeper after the fact.

420PyRoS

ok, then you got 2 options.
Take clones when lollipopping in early flowering, or take no clones and leave some lower branches for re-vegging just the keeper after the fact.
I usually reveg/monster crop but to make things easy I may just take lowers as clones.

If I'm really far out from spring, maybe I'll just monster crop.

420PyRoS

First batch arrived.

Woo-hoo!

20220816_061512.jpg
20220816_061449.jpg

420PyRoS

Apologies for the lack of an update on, well, any sort of grow.

I have two young kids that are really taking up all my time and a wife scorned that I am trying to sort things out, and of course working 12 hr night/day shift work.

My lawnmower blew up and is on the list of things I'll be repairing today. Aside from that, I'll try and sneak out to grab some soil to get something going.

Another seed order should be arriving today or tomorrow for the vault and I will post up once in hand.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

420PyRoS

Hehe the guy is hilarious.

Which reminds me I think I have Louis XIII s1's coming. Says mail is out for delivery so I should have them shortly today.

Just picked up some growing medium to mix and match.

Some pro mix HP and All purpose.
I figure I'll stick to what I know and have always pretty much used.

Stuff was kept outside at garden centre and kinda wet so yay...

20220818_151115.jpg

420PyRoS

Well, my order didn't arrive despite out for delivery for 2 days.

Oh well, a lil more show n stash I guess.

20220819_141453.jpg

420PyRoS

Neighbor found my delivery on side of the road half a block away.

Very professional Canada post. I tend to get this type of bs from postal service 90% of the time. I have no idea how they aren't paid minimum wage for mediocre service.

No Pure Louis XIII, but I got double the seeds for ECSD and Trainwreck. Scored Animal cookies s1's as a freebies.

Woo hoo

Attachments

• 20220820_175512.jpg
    20220820_175512.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

Hmong

Veteran
I have no idea how they aren't paid minimum wage for mediocre service.
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

It's not their fault, you are getting what you pay for.
cheapest shipping rate = mediocre service, if any service at all

that's how the world works today, if you want shit to work, it's gonna cost you extra.
just going with a basic package, shows you don't have the money to be treated well.
that's 21st century communism

in that spirit they have removed the fast lanes at the airports, they don't care that you payed 3x for business class, you gonna wait just as everyone else, because as long as u don't fly private, you are all equally worthless.

PS: I'd prefer to see some plants over seedpacks

420PyRoS

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

It's not their fault, you are getting what you pay for.
cheapest shipping rate = mediocre service, if any service at all

that's how the world works today, if you want shit to work, it's gonna cost you extra.
just going with a basic package, shows you don't have the money to be treated well.
that's 21st century communism

in that spirit they have removed the fast lanes at the airports, they don't care that you payed 3x for business class, you gonna wait just as everyone else, because as long as u don't fly private, you are all equally worthless.

PS: I'd prefer to see some plants over seedpacks
I don't find the shipping rates cheap. It was a tracked parcel. How it ends up in someones yard a half block away is anyone's guess. The website tracking is stating it was re-routed. They have zero clue they lost it, or at worst a bunch of lying fuckbags making excuses.

They shouldn't exist if they can't even meet the basic standards of their operation which is to deliver mail. I can understand it being late, damaged by sorting machinery, or even routed somewhere by accident, but the local carrier physically losing it on delivery? This seems to happen a lot.

Paying the $5 extra for it to fly on a plane a day or two earlier doesn't change the local carrier being a half wit with his route. These pricks are paid quite well.

Yeah I know about the growing, thing is, wife threatens to burn my life to the ground daily with divorce. I'm pretty sure just the dirt I bought was a massive trigger.

Delicate process. Slow, but least damaging. Next day off if, time willing, the tents get pulled out for sorting/install and then some seeds dropped.

Hmong

Veteran
they, they, they...
Yes, they suck! and they will eat you alive, if you keep up that victim mentality.
what I tried to tell you, is that it's exactly the same at the opposite side of the globe.
Do you think that my mailorders arrive the way they supposed to, more than half of the time?
there is no quality in society anymore, just a bunch of imbeciles forced to work shit jobs, on shit pay, so stop expecting anything!

I'm reading here since the beginning, and it's primarily bitching or excuses.
told you in my first post, to get rid of the wife on your terms asap.
she threatens divorce and treats you like that, good!
should tell you everything you need to now, that ship ain't turning around.

how about you file for divorce tomorrow and get a restraining order?

wife threatens to burn my life to the ground daily with divorce
hurts to hear such a thing from a man.
what threat is there? her leaving for good? Isn't that what you want?

If it was me, she would be bivouacking in the yard by now.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

they, they, they...
Yes, they suck! and they will eat you alive, if you keep up that victim mentality.
what I tried to tell you, is that it's exactly the same at the opposite side of the globe.
Do you think that my mailorders arrive the way they supposed to, more than half of the time?
there is no quality in society anymore, just a bunch of imbeciles forced to work shit jobs, on shit pay, so stop expecting anything!

I'm reading here since the beginning, and it's primarily bitching or excuses.
told you in my first post, to get rid of the wife on your terms asap.
she threatens divorce and treats you like that, good!
should tell you everything you need to now, that ship ain't turning around.

how about you file for divorce tomorrow and get a restraining order?

hurts to hear such a thing from a man.
what threat is there? her leaving for good? Isn't that what you want?

If it was me, she would be bivouacking in the yard by now.
I don't see how it's a shit job or shit pay. I've considered doing it because it's just walking around delivering mail for the exact same pay I made as a marine engineer tech at Niagara Falls. Hell, it's 200x safer than when I was in the Navy. These fuckwads have no idea how good they have it.

lol I'm no victim, far from it. They might be if I don't get my mail ;)

I don't want to divorce my wife, I care about her the same as I first met her. She has a chip on her shoulder ever since her dad died of cancer a few months ago. I definitely don't want my kids to go through a divorce and court battles over custody. I don't want to lose my nice house and damn near everything I've worked so hard to achieve.

It's a bit more complicated with her brother being a good close friend of mine, her mother who I moved in with us because she had a stroke and needed to retire. There's just a lot more, and I'd lose big time in this so called divorce financially and possibly my kids.

On top of all that, it wasn't an excuse, or bitching, as opposed to just explaining my circumstance as to why I can't grow/toke. That's all. I'm not sure where you think I am bitching or making excuses other than her 15k fiasco i tried to avoid. She just isnt mechanically inclined. 🤔 She's actually been letting me have a joint every night lately so that's a plus!

Like I said, the seeds will drop soon.

Hmong

Veteran
of course, I respect your perspective of things.
but since you made this situation public, I give you feedback from an outside perspective.
By the cues I'm getting, you seem worried.

420PyRoS

of course, I respect your perspective of things.
but since you made this situation public, I give you feedback from an outside perspective.
By the cues I'm getting, you seem worried.
I am a little worried because If she does go this route, I'll go for broke with lawyers to make sure I get my kids, but here, woman seem to outmatch men in situations like this in the courts. They side with woman in most cases. My kids are everything to me, and I will fight to the bitter end.

I know she will too, as the kids are everything to her.

It's a no win for one of us unless they decide joint custody. If she gets them, then I pay spousal and child support because of my high income. If I get them, she pays me child support, which I doubt she could afford. I have a bad feeling they will side with her though. I don't trust the system/law

Hmong

Veteran
I don't trust the system/law
rightfully so

my mother has dragged me through 2 divorces and the only advice I am going to give you is, do not fight for custody!!!
it's a scam, the state is in on it, as they get a % cut on any divorce.
specifics can change within countries of course, but the idea is the same everywhere in the West.

If you love your kids, you ain't fighting, you just be smart.
Get a solid lawyer who knows what's up and will help you get a reasonable settlement.
the system is set up to fuck you over, banking on your fatherly emotion.
they are all in on it, especially the lawyers, so dismiss any who urge you to fight.
If shit hits the fan, you just want to get out of it with as little drama as possible, don't buy into societies bullshit.
Your kids will love a happy dad most over all, they really don't care about the court stuff.
Show your love by taking solid actions, that don't have you end up hanging from a beam.

my dad always told me on visits: "Son, I don't care if you drink, smoke and fuck around, but you have to promise me to never get married.
I fought hard for you, and lost everything for nothing.
Remember the big house with the pool?
family court is like going to war and having to pay yours and the enemies generals."

both of us are damaged to this day, and it's been like 30 years.

let her have full custody, as by law there should be still regular visits included.
It's easy math
childsupport * years until all kids are over 18
vs.
paying lawyers for possibly several years. Though that's assumed you winning.
If you lose, well good luck...
she gets everything, and you pay both lawyers and the court on top.
maybe even lose your job, because she fucked with your reputation?
that's usually when guys turn to the rope, so be smart!

good luck

Last edited:

420PyRoS

rightfully so

my mother has dragged me through 2 divorces and the only advice I am going to give you is, do not fight for custody!!!
it's a scam, the state is in on it, as they get a % cut on any divorce.
specifics can change within countries of course, but the idea is the same everywhere in the West.

If you love your kids, you ain't fighting, you just be smart.
Get a solid lawyer who knows what's up and will help you get a reasonable settlement.
the system is set up to fuck you over, banking on your fatherly emotion.
they are all in on it, especially the lawyers, so dismiss any who urge you to fight.
If shit hits the fan, you just want to get out of it with as little drama as possible, don't buy into societies bullshit.
Your kids will love a happy dad most over all, they really don't care about the court stuff.
Show your love by taking solid actions, that don't have you end up hanging from a beam.

my dad always told me on visits: "Son, I don't care if you drink, smoke and fuck around, but you have to promise me to never get married.
I fought hard for you, and lost everything for nothing.
Remember the big house with the pool?
family court is like going to war and having to pay yours and the enemies generals."

both of us are damaged to this day, and it's been like 30 years
Man, I'm sorry that happened.

I really see where you are coming from on all this.

It's hard to not want to fight for my girls if we go down this road. They mean so much to me. Either way I'll lose. I'll owe half my paycheck to her every stinking month.

Damn that sucks man.

Hmong

Veteran
Man, I'm sorry that happened.
It's ok brother, don't be sorry, that's half my generations story at this point.

I have been raised by a woman, that became a semi millionaire just through divorce.
my own life necessarily didn't benefit from that, other than getting a good education in boarding school. Due to the nature of this forum, you can assume I still ended up a bum^^

since I will never make the big mistake, all I can do is create some awareness and help fellow men avoid the traps layed out for them, by the system.

Don't assume just the worst right away! Her getting 50% of your paycheck, is the maximum she can take in a settlement. That is actually good for you, you saved half your shit guaranteed! You took a 50% chance gamble with marriage, so take your loss like a man.
If you fight for custody, it can get muuuch worse. Then you end up tilting and doubling down with every loss.

divorce and custody settlements, are separate cases.
usually the divorce is handled quickly, as financial situations of both parties before/after are easy to verify. Divorce is more about assets, it's the custody were they try to come for your money.
Especially in the Anglo/Saxon system, I would not want to fight in civil court for anything as a "non corporate entity".

Don't be bitter about the potential 50%, you were a betting man when signing that contract. You really have to see it as a cashback on your wager, your 2nd chance in life so to speak.

Get a good lawyer, and present yourselfs very generous towards the court.
keep in mind that not she's is getting the money, it's just what you happily give away to support your kids with.

you're honor, it's unfortunate that the woman has decided that a present father is not necessary for the secure future of our children. Not being able to provide em with fatherly love any longer, after respecting the womans decision to seperate.
I just want their needs be taken care off at all times, happily providing all of my assets for the children.
I love my children, so whatever the woman believes is best for them, your honor.

good luck

Last edited: