What's new

My OrganicLove, Humanure Trial Grow

That's a start, but for h7man feces I would add a step. Like maybe grow something hungry in it, then compost that and use it on your ingestibles

lol.. hello my friend, im not trying to toot my own horn or what not, but I study mycology to the utmost degree simply as a hobby just like botany.

if you grow mushrooms on that compost pile that compost would then become SOIL... IT IS NO LONGER COMPOST :-D

mushrooms are the way to go in this world for many many many things... just as many as hemp is the way to go for making products. mushrooms are just as much there but for making health, food, and reformation of the harmed ecosystems of the world :-D

This ORGANIC human waste is no more harmful then elephant poop :-D Just maybe a little more complex...but with a great diet is where the key comes into play my friend.

you are right though that another step should come into play..
and thats mushrooms :-D

cheers brothers and sisters
Love and Light

you are right though that another step should come into play..
and thats mushrooms :-D

cheers brothers and sisters
Love and Light

Yes! It needs to be taken a step further. What is with all the "success" of this experiment? Sorry but the buds looked all beat up and burnt... what happened? And I really hope that you figured out aerobic vs. anaerobic by now... pretty crucial info. to have with what you are attempting.

Have you added any beneficial bacteria to your shit pile dude? We made lactobacillus at home (it takes a couple weeks) then brought it to the annual festival I throw every year on the east side of mt. hood. In that environment, our shitters which were heavily used for 4 days by several hundred people, had been mainly decomposed in about 30 days, thanks to CC1's lactobacillus dosing. If you're not using any fungus or beneficial bacteria, you should definitely have a heads up on that. I have read and considered humanure too... just not safe enough for my tastes to NOT take that extra step. Sure, safe as elephant poop.. in a way... you have to know how to handle it! Obviously something failed here, I haven't ever seen anybody get such props for such beat up nugs lol! ;) You should at least consider a living soil garden so the shit can continue to break down as your plants are growing etc.... fungus, bacteria... it can all continue to happen right in your pots, if you can upgrade to bigger pots or a smallish plot.
How are things coming along now?
~MissGD

S

SeaMaiden

I subscribed to this thread once I saw it being bumped back up. I am interested in it moreso for the ideas and concepts behind NOT flushing our waste away to simply be wasted. If it's to end up being used on my landscaping, or even simply composting on my own property, it's better than it filling up the engineered septic system that a full 1/3 of our total land is used for (two septic tanks, one for solids and one for liquids, pumps liquids into a sand filter, which then pumps that filtered liquid waste into a huge leach field -- all equals lots of energy just to pump shit around and too much land space being used just to process shit).

Good thread, good concepts. We need to be more cognizant of how we process our own waste and what happens downstream from that point on. But, no... no outhouses for this aging gal, especially come winter!

mad librettist

Veteran
lol.. hello my friend, im not trying to toot my own horn or what not, but I study mycology to the utmost degree simply as a hobby just like botany.

if you grow mushrooms on that compost pile that compost would then become SOIL... IT IS NO LONGER COMPOST :-D

I think you are confused. Soil is the result of weathered rock and organic matter. Compost is a word that evolved from a description of what you do to get it ("composing", or bringing various aspects together to form a whole that functions organically). It does not come from the word "decompose", but rather shares a root with it.

No matter how many times you run organic matter through whatever creature you'd like, it's not soil without the mineral component. Soil is not uniform, but rather consists of varied horizons stacked on top of one another.

what you have after bioremediation involving various stages (worm to fungus) is great, and leaves you with potential growing media, but to make soil you would need rocks, mosses, lichens, and a whole shitload of lifetimes. Or you could get some soil from nature and grow in it. I use mixes that are at least part soil.

Some fungi make humus, but others don't. Clitocybe nuda, for instance, is saprophytic, but Chantarelus cibarius is mycorhizal and does not break down leaf litter.

mad librettist

Veteran
as for the idea of not ingesting your own poop unless it goes through a few reincarnations first does not force you to throw it away. It's just accepting that a good way to interrupt pathogens is to deny access to a constant supply of the same kind of host.

When using humanure to grow ingestibles, one has less margin for error than when one uses it to grow composting greens.

If you have a garden and rotate crops, it's the same concept.

St. Phatty

I used to belong to an organic garden with one member who was pretty gung ho about gardening & compost.

They rented 4 plots, which wasn't cheap. The guy would compost Cow Manure, then when you stopped by to talk, he would grab 2 handfuls of Cow Manure soil and thrust it in your face and ask you to have a smell.

of course it smelled like, Healthy Soil.

The compost cycles are different, summer vs. winter. Either way, Night soil stops being night soil pretty fast.

I use some of mine to grow potatoes and to feed the deer.
Recently the small family was joined by a fourth, another adult deer, not sure if it's male or female yet.

Bio boy

This is friggin cool respect man and good humor on this forum this month lol . though our body’s built for meat and the fruit bats not they do have different diverse populations of bacteria we don’t
glad to see some dairy though that gives you some of the missing cultures. Though is it raw milk or pasteurised?
I healed my autoimmune with raw milk based on the cultures and lactic acids it contains over store bought milk

our bodies need certain amounts of meats . steak contains a full spectrum amino acid that can’t be made up in veg n fruit without eating a bucket fast unfortunately and that also is a bonus to plants it’s not like ya put meat in the ground althos there’s an auzzie that puts a fish under each plant n they grow giant lol

but heey each to their own eh I do like this a lot we all have our reasons ,as long as your not like my friend here who drives me to the farm then walks off down the end shed to abuse the farmers for stealing milk 😂 he even had an hour rant cause the farmer had moo on her reg plate and then has ago at me on the way home about killing animals all the time we’re sat on leather mini one seats i close my eyes and cryed the day I asked for manure he had a view on that too and it wasn’t over the smell eeek
wonderd I did wonder when I’d see it .
you be getting the puns now at the end “wanna smoke some goooood shit?”
”all my blood sweat and poop went into this”
”this shits sticky”
now add ya dogs poop and you can say cheech and Chongs line “it’s Labrador man ,dog ate me stash and well I followed him round all day”

now at my allotment I encourage the kids to piss on my hot compost while we build it though no one was brave enough to take a dump despite my encouragement and best attempt to raise their confidence I got the strangest eyes and insults
wasnt till the way home they questions why I didn’t shit in it . hahaha

I make fish fert also that smells like poop allover the allotment it’s like a egyptian kings tomb being opened until it’s digested uugghh

do you add lactic acid or em1 like ? Otherwise add a handful of leaf mould to add the fungi and bacteria diversity as in the Korean jadam gardening ferments

up for the look and can’t wait to see the colas
has anyone evernn by looked at a ripe bud and thaught it’s kinda ..dump shaped

respect y’all now
i don’t give a shit ..but this guy does 😂😂
naw really nice job buddy following

Plookerkingjon

Wait till they find out that the pyramids in Egypt had nothing to do with pharaohs or a burial ground for Pharaohs you know what I mean it's just I wonder how much awesome insight and Technology we've lost because somewhere as an advanced civilization it was lost

Bio boy

Wait till they find out that the pyramids in Egypt had nothing to do with pharaohs or a burial ground for Pharaohs you know what I mean it's just I wonder how much awesome insight and Technology we've lost because somewhere as an advanced civilization it was lost
You mean the pharaohs tombs filled with fish hydrolslate ? Woo we need to go that shits aged
nah I get ya lol it’s cool earths flat

Plookerkingjon

At least I know how to spell pasteurization, I'm sorry that you read my post and thought that would be good foddar to troll, welcome to the ignore button

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts