What's new

My House Just Got Robbed. I need Advice Please!!!

H

h^2 O

sorry to hear all that man. Sounds like it's either someone you thought was your friend, or a bad cop or two. I would move. Shit sucks sometimes

cannabudz

Okay,, i'm back.. I thought about what i had read here and talked about with a couple people i know,, that would have some type of answer on this issue. For starters, i came to the idea that i needed to cut all my plants down and turn off the light.. and it has been done. I dont want to have anything if they do come back. Second, I have told all the family members to pack all their jewelery and valuables and put them into a safety deposit box in the bank.. Third, i have called a Security service like ADT or Broadview home security. They are due out tomorrow. Forth, I am scheduling an appointment with the deputy sheriff and telling him that I "grew" cannabis for medical reasons, and feel threatened now. Fifth, I will be trying to clear up my personal "record". For some reason my name is on a federal watch list, and says i have two felonies.. I cant even go to Mexico or Canada.. I get stopped at the borders and turned around. So for me to get a Gun would be real real hard ( i imagine). My "criminal record" i thought was some sort of Bush anti pot campaign waged on people who visited forums like this.. but after hearing all of you travel to other places.. this is prolly not the case.. Its just part of my shitty luck i guess. The real kicker about my "criminal record" is that i never had a felony.. when i was a kid (16) my buddy and I stole a gumball machine out from the front of a grocery store. NO charges filled, we just had to pay back the cost of the gumball machine.. (stupid ass move on my part).. the Second kicker is my family member has friends at DoJ and FBI.. So i called the friend at the DoJ, and he told me that when customs do ID checks,, it goes through a FBI database.. So he couldnt help me he said.. So my family member talks to her friend at the FBI and gets me a phone number of an agent to call. (on the downlow) So i call him, and spill my life story to him in a matter of minutes and tell him every little legal discrepency i've ever had.. and he almost shouts at me over the phone.. "Im not touching this!, I am NOT going to open an investigation on you. Are we through here?" I didnt know what to say.. so i told him "i guess we are done". So something has been put on my criminal record that is very wrong and bad.. the guy just about hung up on me.. fucking rude if you ask me.. So.. i might have to get into a lawyers office and try to figure out wtf happen to my record, now that Bush is out of office..
I havent slept or eaten much since this has happen. My brother and I are taking 12 hour shifts staying awake, watching the property. I have set up proximity alarms in key locations to give me a heads up if someone is coming. I'm against getting a gun, but with the crime spike and home invasions around here, i cant take a chance.. These dirt bags will come back i feel.. Its been almost 18 years since i held a gun.. i feel like i'm gonna need to head to the target range, and get my accuracy on target.
I guess i will have to live like i'm in the wild west, until my mother is ready to sell after she retires. Or i can get a job that pays well enough to live on my own. Rent for a 1bedroom appartment is around 1200.00 bucks around these parts.. so.. i'll have to find something better than minimum wage. And thats gonna suck... i'm just not looking forward to it, to say the least. Trying to not take my kid out of the high school she is in atm.. My main focus is to not fuck up her life with this robbery.
So.. tomorrow i will be seeking full time employment, and once i can afford to leave this house,, i will do so.. I looked in the news paper for jobs today, but it was a weak market.. Nursing and sales jobs.. neither of those are my area of expertise. So I will be looking for trade schools or something like that. If anyone knows of a good program that helps people find jobs that they are good at,, please post a link.. I'm feeling like a old fart here,, not knowing where the hell to look for a job.., and feeling quite inadequate. I'm looking maybe to head into a state job.. wtf.. hahaha. My life will look like the movie Office space... i guess it beats whats going on now with my life.. I guess the worst is over ( i hope) and getting out of this house/property is of the utmost importance.
The sad fucking thing about all this is, i give to people... my time, efforts, loyalty, etc. in exchange for nothing. I donate to charity, recycle, do PTA, town events, etc.. one of the very first Books i read after my accident was Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu. That book blew my mind.. it helped me see another side of life as i had not seen it before. It was so simple, yet so hard to live that life style.. yet i tried.. and did to some degree. I will try to "find my way" again, after i leave this area..
I have visited ICmag since OG went down years ago.. for the most part i have loved coming here learning from such smart people, that share their ideas. This truely is a place where like minded folk can come and help each other out.. from how to fix my grow op.. all the way to how to get laid (yummybud). We are all of like caliber and i love you for that.. It is so so hard and rare to find people as interested and concerned with the cannabis plant as you folk here at ICmag.. I will update this post to let you all know how and what is going on.. just in case there are other people out there looking for a way out of a similar situation. And please dont hesitate to jump in and let me know if i'm fucking up somewhere :) . I truely appreciate all the positive posts.. believe it or not,, it helps... I'm off to smoke the rest of my cannabis as fast as i can put it down.. then its cold turkey from there on.. I'm not quitting forever (i hope), but gonna have to slow my roll for now. As for my Genetics.. I have sent them up north. A old friend will take care of her now.. She was a one of a kind crossed with the likes of: Blueberry(DP), C99(BG), SDv3(rez), Blockhead (SOL), and Golden Burmese (self). She was a winner, winner chicken dinner... and i will miss her dearly..

Cannabudz.

Your doing the right thing. It might be tough, but this might just open some really good doors in your life in the long run. May your future be bright and shining, and I hope the road is not too bumpy.

Remember: trust in god/source/creation/the universe- whatever you want to call it. No matter what happens, remember your exactly where you need to be, even if it SUCKS!! Life has always provided for you, and it will now. Just trust.

You have already been through far worse it sounds like, recovering from your accident and all. You can do this too.

Picture your spectacular future, and work to make birth it, and it will happen!!

Good call on all your moves. You have made yourself, your family, and your situation much safer. I might hold off on talking to the sheriff, but thats your call. If your garden is small and your medical solidly documented, you don't have much to fear from them. If nothing goes down in the next month your likelihood is probably going way down. Bascially once they are out of cash, you'll know if they are coming back. But people like this fuck themselves up with their behavior all the time, and tend to always have shit to deal with. Once you fall off their radar its likely they will be up to too much other shit to come bother you again. If six months goes by, your probably clear.

Now if its someone you know- well they probably would have already known about your garden and raided it, or would have come when they knew it would be ready. Usually if its someone you know, your gut will tell ya.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Canna...the security system is wonderful. We have never had an actual break in since we put in ADT almost 2 years ago. But, we did have the door kicked in....for us, no legal protection...so it's not as useful to us. If our house is broken into while we are gone and the alarm notifies ADT, at least they can shut off the alarm and not dispatch the police...as long as we answer the phone when they call. But, you are legal....so it would do you a lot of good. I have a wonderful story about being far away from home on mushrooms when we had a censor go off....uh, we laugh about it....now.

You have lots of friends here Cannabudz....and we all have 2 shoulders to lean on when you need them buddy. You're gonna be feeling more normal soon...this shit passes, it just leaves you with scars. You'll be smiling again really soon. This time it took me almost a month to shed the on-the-verge-of-a-heart-attack paranoia that won't let you rest. I'm doing really good now. PTB and I were very efficient in getting right to working on our situation....we never took even a day to flip out....we didn't have the time for it.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Y'all are over here worried about your reputation on a website now? I thought y'all were concerned for Cannabudz's safety and wellbeing?

DO NOT TELL THE SHERIFF ABOUT YOUR GROWING HISTORY.

You will be jeopardizing your mother's $1,000,000.00 property if you do.

Although it is legal for you to grow/possess marijuana on the state level, "under the federal Controlled Substances Act, possession of any marijuana is a misdemeanor and cultivation is a felony. In addtion, premises used to sell or cultivate marijuana for sale are subject to forfeiture."

That info comes straight off my recommendation paperwork.

Maybe the sheriff and his deputies are cool, maybe they're not.

Don't risk it.

All the evidence is on your camera the robbers jacked, so if they go saying this or that about your grow, who is to say they didn't take those pics themselves?

Why risk getting yourself in MORE trouble?!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DO NOT TELL THE SHERIFF ABOUT YOUR GROWING HISTORY.

there ya go, now you are talkin some sense...

only reason i say you dont tell them (As i am not familiar with california laws) is so that it doesnt make a bad name for cannabis- for it could be perceived as a cannabis related crime which is not goood for the marijuana community. it good be thrown into the study that shows with cannabis becoming legal, robbery rates skyrocket... etc etc

While I agree that telling the Sheriff is not maybe necessary- the Sheriff is a country officer. He is held to enforce state law, which he is compelled to obey. Regardless of how he may personally feel, state law says that Cannbudz is legally within his rights to grow.

He is NOT a federal officer, and cannot arrest him as though he were. He COULD charge him and try to persuade the case to be taken by the feds- but they aren't even going after much bigger growers, I doubt they would go after him. They mostly save it for those who are just straight up huge now adays.

Like it or not, the sheriff cannot do it himself. Even so the DA would probably have to drop the charges. But it might be costly and ugly with all kinds of drama, and he will definately now be someone the sheriff will have identified as a grower. Not always what you want to be known as with law enforcement. Depends on the county though, I have actually seen the police be very helpful with legit small growing patients. They even arrested two guys here for breaking in and stealing a guys plants- without charging the patient.

There is not much gain, since the garden is already down- so telling them is not really going to do much other then inform them. He could tell them about the robbery, and not mention the garden and it would be about the same. Too bad its been so long, would be hard to get prints now, probably smudged.

Get your facts straight about what local police can and cannot charge you with.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
He is held to enforce state law, which he is compelled to obey.

Get your facts straight about what local police can and cannot charge you with.

Citizen - I love your theology but life in the real world - just don't jive - --

Cops,, OBEY THE LAW????

ARE YOU SERIOUS????

I DUNNO WHAT YOUR SMOKIN -BUT IT'S HURTIN YOU BAD.

YOU GOTTA QUIT WATCHING THOSE DRAGNET AND ADAM-12 RERUNS WHILE STONED.

AND AS FAR AS WHAT THEY CAN CHARGE YOU WITH?

AROUND HERE. LOCAL PIGGYS WILL CALL THE FEDS IN FOR A MED GROWER - SO YEAH GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND WHILE WE ARE ON FACTS - FACT IS, JUDGES LET THEM - AND AREN'T JUDGES SUPPOSE TO BE IMPARTIAL?

jonny law is NOT your friend.

Downswing

Hop on the criminals shoes for a bit.

They have a camera with bud pics, but they also know that you know they got it.

They obviously think you will tear down your grown / not grow anymore, because it's default thing to do in this situation. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

Usually small criminals like that just tend to take what they can and move to the next target. They just wanted valuables, they probably don't want to make your life any more miserable. They most definately will think that you got some protection from now on.

Why would you attack on someone who's alert, instead someone who you get by suprise.

You got a kid. I think the responsibility means as much of being a fucking Lion and tearing shit apart if needed, and also truly knowing when it's better to back off.

Everything will go well, they always do. :)

cannabudz

Hello all.. I feel and understand your reasons for not telling the sheriff department.. BUT... "The Sheriff" has been a family friend for all my life.. I didnt want to tell him about this, as not to bring a negative image of my family to him.. I dont talk to him on a day to day basis.. hell its been at least 10 years since i spoke with him.. But I sent the email today, because of what happen today, outside my house.. A BMW pulled up across the street and backed into an area where they had a great view of my property.. I was standing outside watering the hedge and letting the chickens run free.. I was behind a huge tree and bush.. and was pretty well hidden from view.. so i stood there watching this guy.. about 15 seconds goes by, and my brother walks up from the back of the house, and heads to where i am at.. then the guy in the car starts talking real loud so that we can hear him, like he is on the phone. The car is about 200-300 feet away. The guy talked on the phone for about 45 seconds, and by chance a sheriff patrol drove by! Then the guy in the car tells the person on the phone with him,, "Oh, looks like they called the cops on me". "What? i cant pull over and make a phone call?!" then proceeds to tell the person on the phone, "yeah, they are standing there watching me".. Then after another 1minute or so, he pulls away all slow and hanging out his window trying to give us a stare down, but wtf.. he is several hundred feet away, and cant see us through the hedge all that well, so he throws up a gang sign or middle finger (i couldn't tell). Fucking ODD?.. the guy was there a total of 2 minutes. and leaves after the cop drove by.. and his vocabulary was that of white trash,, "dude, fuckem', that's the shit, yo-yo, etc.. typical wigger language. He had on his head a white bandanna and sunglasses. WTF?. why was he so angry at me my brother?.. honestly, i didnt even move from the spot i was watering the bushes from.. and made no ill jesture toward him.. so....?.. is it me or the paranoia fucking with me? So that is why i called the sheriff. I dont have anything but a couple mother plants here.. and i have current prescription, I took and passed all the medical cannabis legal classes.. and have the legal info here to back up my story.. (thank you ASA/NORML). I wouldnt just tell any cop.. that is why i am trying to contact the old family friend.. If he puts me through the ringer (i doubt he will) so be it.. He just needs to know wtf is going on in his county.. and this would be a great time for me to express to him the positive effects on crime and his job area if cannabis was legal.. So i look forward to sitting down with him.. I will let you guys know how that goes LOL.. it might be from a jail cell. haha.. just kidding,, ( i hope)..

Cannabudz.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In your post you said you had "just gotten robbed" while cooking breakfast/lunch for the family. Yet your post is at one in the morning...... But anyways....

You can take it to the bank that the person/persons that ripped you off are some of the people that you sold bud to. Who had been at your house in the past few nights prior to you getting ripped? Who knows your schedule. It shouldn't be very hard for you to get a rough idea who ripped you unless you had a slew of people partying there..... Some random person didn't decide to stake your house out in the middle of the day waiting for you to leave. It's someone that you know quite well, that knows what time you do things....

Melo-D

home owners or renters insurance is a must; if you're medical and keep receipts you can get money back for any lights or stuff they take; just no plants or finished product... my biggest fear is losing my genetics; would suck to have to start all over.. locally people don't know i grow so i don't have anyone to give moms to... i was robbed once; i moved... got a big dog; big big rott from the pound; sweetest dog i ever had.. strangers never wanted to know if she was nice they'd rather not take the chance; if you have some property fence of what's important and give the dogs run of it.. i'd get a couple; your own pack... if you are going to stay there you have to treat it like a fortress... sounds like it's too hard to walk away... just make it a hard target and not a soft one; motion detection lights strung together can scare the shit outa anyone; nothing like 10 flood lights flipping on at once 5 ft from the house

it sucks... i still don't keep guns at my place but if i did it would be a 16 gauge all the way; dove shot doesn't go through walls... i'd look into the hobby of speed skeet shooting.. some nice guns used for that "sport"

being victimized is one thing; being a victim is another... i'm sure you'll get back on your feet soon enough... keep ur head up man

100% cosigned... read everything to this point and that is what i was thinking...
what i would do....
motion flood lights, pound puppies and have a heart to heart with the daughter...
but since you are low on funds, do what you gotta do...
im sure your family can help you and keep you and your daughter fed...
i would not leave...
but u arent me...

cannabudz

Hey there JJscorpio.. I didnt sell cannabis to anyone.. My dad, his best friend, myself, and 1 other AIDS patient is all my garden fed. the only money that ever changed hands was when someone couldnt go to the grow shop and purchase nutes, lights, etc.. so they would give me cash to "keep the lights on".. I honestly keep the line of the law on this.. the ONLY thing i have not done is file with the county ID card program.. that was paranoia i didnt want from the law point of view. I felt like keeping it secret would be the best security. And it was until now.. I have not bought cannabis "off the street" for years, so anyone who knew me back then, would have thought i quit. plus I NEVER smoked or brought people to my house.. that would be a security breach. Yes, it has been lonely over the years, to say the least. There is really only one person that comes to mind,, he is also a fellow medical user.. but he got his prescription on a bunk lie.. and uses it recreational.. I dont sell to him or anything,, BUT i do smoke/vap at his house every once in a while.. mainly to keep in a proxy contact with the co-ops.. He goes there and buys their stuff, and i like to compare mine against what he gets.. He doesnt know i grow.. and has been to my house,, and i dont have ANYTHING in my house that would specify me as a "grower".. so.. i doubt its him,, but he does hang with a shady crowd. So... the speculation is there for me.. That is why i called him right after it happen and told him i got robbed, and i'm out of this scene for good.. and for him not to call me anymore.. and even when he did call me, it was like once every two weeks, so he wouldnt know my schedule. plus i lie to everyone on the phone, about my where'abouts. if they call asking me to come over and play Wii.. i tell them i'm omw to dinner atm.. i cant come by. I'm actually at home.. or vise versa.. i kept people ignorant of my schedule.. that was a golden rule.. that is why its so crazy.. if it is a random theft then i have no idea what type of criminals these people are.. if it is by chance a 3rd party person via someone i know i have some sort of idea who my friends hang around and what type of people they are.. neither is good.. :(

Cannabudz.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
This is the last comment I have for this thread. I just don't understand why you wouldn't approach the guy in the BMW and ask him if he's lost or something. You're totally passive and at this point you need to inch yourself toward aggressive. If you need to put a pistol in your pocket or carry a shotgun over your shoulder to give you some titanium balls, then go spend a few hundred bucks. Its totally free to just plain man up and confront strangers out of their element... and then its totally free to just stand there like a weenie and watch a wigger make a phone call while you're watering your plants.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^^^ Poor advice...you don't go and act like a fool at the first suspicious person you come across.....everyone is suspicious after this kind of thing, so Cannabudz.....this is that alertness I was talking about. Take note of every movement you see around your house. Keep track of what your neighbors and their company are doing...or where they are at (security is a full time job). I like to know who's where and doing what on my street.

Another thing....make note of who (from the day you were robbed) doesn't call you for a while. Don't tell your friends or anyone about this (if you have already...it happens)...but your silence and observation may help you narrow down who might have done it. At this point...from what I've read, I'm sure you know the person. Or, someone you know opened their mouth about you in front of someone....shit happens that way a lot too.

How are you doing today?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there JJscorpio.. I didnt sell cannabis to anyone.. My dad, his best friend, myself, and 1 other AIDS patient is all my garden fed.

If it were me I'd be looking at one of the above, along with your brother and someone he may have said something to. Like I said earlier, it's more than likely going to be someone that knows your schedule....

Latest posts

Latest posts