What's new

mendo purps..............

This is my variation on the mendo.. Its forms rock hard nugs, is super picky about nutes, mites seem to be attracted to it. Nice smoke, decent yield picky to grow.. I'm flowering out my last mom of it now due to the nute problems, not really a strain so good its worth figuring out. Here are some various different stage of growth pics.. i have a bunch going right now.

getting purple

day 43ish

Mom in flower

Cranberry

my mother is ready for offspring, If I get them wild red or purple hairs I will be in heaven. I miss the violet pistil colors that we use to see back in the day.

Cranberry

MD mother is ready for offspring, I am looking forward to this strain after messing around with matanuska. I hope to see the violet pistils again, been missing them colors.

:yummy:

Nspecta

Veteran
hazeywonder said:
This is my variation on the mendo.. Its forms rock hard nugs, is super picky about nutes, mites seem to be attracted to it. Nice smoke, decent yield picky to grow.

hazey~ What ya have pictured is a different plant/strain than tha Mendo Purp's this threads about...looks ta be an Urkle or Urkle Hybrid.

aeric~ I'm curious ta see more of THseeds 'Da Purps' grown out...from all tha pics I've seen so far...it doesn't really look like any o' tha Cali Purples...and...I'd be hard pressed ta see it being related ta tha Mendo Purp's cut as well.

While tha MP does have a sativa side to it...tha F1 offspring I've seen have almost always leaned toward tha indica side o' thangs.

Here's a comparison leaf shot o' tha mother cut fer y'all.

10092P1010273_JPG.jpg

IGT

aeric

Veteran
Yeah none of em look anything like that Nspecta. Each one is at least 75% sat. The funny thing is that THS says it's a cross with an afghani.

He's an early example, the freak of the bunch but still similar to the rest

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
Oh and yeah....THS says something about a "spicy" flavor, yet none of you guys have...

Actually the top leaves on that deep purple pic on the 1st page look similar. But the examples on here start out more Indy, flowering out more sat in the fans. All mine are sat from the get-go. Environmental sensitivity again? maybe.

Nandro you said 8-9 weeks and THS says 9.5-10 which is even more odd cuz normally a seedbank will put it early.

I'm hoping they aren't F1s cuz then we've got real problems lol.

Last edited:
G

Not sure about the yield yet, but she looks promising. Starting to impress me this week by pumping out some resin. Smell is a crazy, grapey, funky....delicious!!!
1846MendoPurps.JPG

1846MPbud1.JPG

1846MPbud2.JPG

Last edited:
Nspecta- Thanks for the info, It was given to me as the purple, came right out of the triangle so thats just what he assumed. Any idea what it might be in relation to the erkle? It can vary, just a bit depending on conditions.

Nspecta

Veteran
hazeywonder said:
Nspecta- Thanks for the info, It was given to me as the purple, came right out of the triangle so thats just what he assumed. Any idea what it might be in relation to the erkle? It can vary, just a bit depending on conditions.

Hazey~ I was given my Urkle cut back in '01 labeled as just "The Purple"...to differentiate it from other 'purps' I usually call it Humboldt Purple as it 'supposedly comes from an old timer up on a hill above Garberville...dating back to approx. '89, so tha stories go. :chin:

aeric said:
Oh and yeah....THS says something about a "spicy" flavor, yet none of you guys have...

aeric~ When grown with chems Mendo Purp's can have a very spicy smell/flavor...my personal preference does not like anything "spicy"...with that said, I don't like MP at all when she comes out spicy.

I like her best when she's smellin' like grape candy & musky dank...she's alright when she's a lil' earthy too... :yummy:

IGT

S

sow the seeds

I'm liking the sound of this clone more and more. Any mold problems with her outside?

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I'm 95% sure my purple clone is the Mendo Purps now. The club where I got it wasn't very diligent about labeling, so there's been some confusion. The first few times I ran it in 3 gallons of soil with organic nutes, and while the quality was off the charts in every respect, the yield was way below what I would have liked. It grew a narrow but incredibly dense and deeply frosted center cola with short but plentiful side branches. On my current grow I decided to try it side-by-side in 3 gallons of coco with H&G Cocos, and in a 4 gallon DWC with Lucas. I'll be darned if the DWC girl didn't blow up into the gnarliest shrub in the whole garden, with some of the biggest fan leaves I've ever seen. Some of the larger fan leaves have blades over 7 inches long. I'd say almost 3X stretch overall, easy. Needs a little pruning below the belt in early flower to avoid mad popcorn. I'll attest to her appetite for nutes, she's been chugging a gallon a day for weeks now. Doesn't seem to like the EC above 2.0, though.

The growth habit of the plants in coco is totally different, but I think much of that can be attributed to some particularly persistent and pervasive fungus gnats that afflicted a few of them in their youngest days (all gone now). The DWC girl had no such initial challenge.

I'd love to try this outdoors, but I'll bet it would be mold-prone with those super-dense buds, so be careful. I've not yet had problems with it indoors (fingers crossed).

But oh, that flavor... it's like putting a grape and a rose pastille candy in your mouth just as the slightest whiff of a skunk floats in on the wind. Hands down the best tasting pot I've ever had, and for that reason alone a permanent resident of my mom farm. It doesn't get as purple as some of the GDP and Urkle samples I've seen, it's more of a lavender-hued lime green with rusty-orange pistils.

As far as potency goes, in my experience one good hit will completely floor an occasional smoker, and 2 will get anyone where they need to be. Decent tolerance factor, but the high has a ceiling, and too much at once will glue you to the closest surface.

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
PondeLftHndSide said:
I'm 95% sure my purple clone is the Mendo Purps now. The club where I got it wasn't very diligent about labeling, so there's been some confusion. The first few times I ran it in 3 gallons of soil with organic nutes, and while the quality was off the charts in every respect, the yield was way below what I would have liked. It grew a narrow but incredibly dense and deeply frosted center cola with short but plentiful side branches. On my current grow I decided to try it side-by-side in 3 gallons of coco with H&G Cocos, and in a 4 gallon DWC with Lucas. I'll be darned if the DWC girl didn't blow up into the gnarliest shrub in the whole garden, with some of the biggest fan leaves I've ever seen. Some of the larger fan leaves have blades over 7 inches long. I'd say almost 3X stretch overall, easy. Needs a little pruning below the belt in early flower to avoid mad popcorn. I'll attest to her appetite for nutes, she's been chugging a gallon a day for weeks now. Doesn't seem to like the EC above 2.0, though.

The growth habit of the plants in coco is totally different, but I think much of that can be attributed to some particularly persistent and pervasive fungus gnats that afflicted a few of them in their youngest days (all gone now). The DWC girl had no such initial challenge.

I'd love to try this outdoors, but I'll bet it would be mold-prone with those super-dense buds, so be careful. I've not yet had problems with it indoors (fingers crossed).

But oh, that flavor... it's like putting a grape and a rose pastille candy in your mouth just as the slightest whiff of a skunk floats in on the wind. Hands down the best tasting pot I've ever had, and for that reason alone a permanent resident of my mom farm. It doesn't get as purple as some of the GDP and Urkle samples I've seen, it's more of a lavender-hued lime green with rusty-orange pistils.

As far as potency goes, in my experience one good hit will completely floor an occasional smoker, and 2 will get anyone where they need to be. Decent tolerance factor, but the high has a ceiling, and too much at once will glue you to the closest surface.

Good shit man, Im thinkin I got wut you got, tastes like it smells-grape/blue/blackberry popcicle, almost undiscribable, so sweet and tasty! i was thinkin I will re-veg this baby and make her into a mother...

SneakySneaky

Veteran
smello peoples, i would describe the smell of mendo like a grape fizzy (the candy but sweeter!!) and it tastes like grapey deliciousness omg..... as far as for mold outdoors myself and another med patient have one outside so well see how she does. For outdoor vigor omg, i put a small clone of her out next to my Mantanuska valley thunderfuck (clone not from seed company) and in a month she was caught up to the MVTF (both are 6 foot by 5 foot around and the mendo had 1 month less time outside!!!), my friend has hers in a 100 gallon smart pot and its about 7 feet tall. Praying for no mold and no late rains this season. Cant wait for a giant bushel of purple deliciousness :rasta:

D

dankbudz

so funny to see this thread again. it turns out i didnt even have the mendo purps...it was just staight up purple erkle. ive had the cut ever since

so is the mendo purps actually an erkle cross?? or related in any way??