What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Max0r's Closet Fluoro Jam!

So...

This morning the lights stayed on accidentally for an extra 4 hours (16/8) instead of 12/12.
So far this is the only time they've had their light cycle messed with for 22-odd days of flower.
How concerned should I be?

You should be fine, don't worry about it. Everything's lookin good!

--
TB4U

Max0r

TB4U: Mad props homegirl, thanks for checking into my thread.

Potentially alarming development. The pistils on the very very top bud of my headband girls seems to have "burned",
not the usual uniform color change that you see when the plans mature, it seems to be just the tips.
They are way shriveled up and whispy. This isn't happening anywhere else on the plants, just the very top-most growth.
The Hindu Skunk is unaffected.

Not sure if this could be nute related; I haven't made any drastic changes except introducing GenHydro's Ph-Up (1/2 tsp) on the last feeding.

Thinking if it's not just stress from the lights being messed up and the quick little transplant they got;
Than it might be light-burn as the headband girls are considerably taller and probably around 1.5-2" away from the T5.

I'm keeping a close eye on them and will report later tonight after the lights come on. Any input/advice would be appreciated!

Max0r

Quick update,

As far as I can tell, the "burning" issue hasn't spread any further on the plants and the buds
that were affected are already starting to grow more fresh white pistils.
Removed some yellow shrivled fan leaves from the bottom and fed them with just 2tbsp FF Big Bloom and 1tsp CalMag.

I bet it's not burn at all...probably just the plant maturing. The tips of the pistils (especially the top pistils) will have "burned" looking orange/brown tips...this is normal. Post pics so we can be sure, but from what you're describing this sounds perfectly normal. Keep up the great work!

Max0r

TB4U:

That's reassuring. I'll try and get some decent pics tonight but all I have is my shitty camera phone :\.

Max0r

Max0r the idiot.

Max0r the idiot.

Ugh,

Sometimes when you get frustrated, it's best to step back and take 5 minutes and try again.
I was replacing the ducting between my carbon scrubber and the fan and I
managed to drop my carbon filter on one of my headband plants.
I lost a pretty sizable branch with some nice buds on it, but it could have been a lot worse.
Needless to say I feel like a total asshole but these things happen.

Pics to follow later today.
:wallbash:

C

Cozy Amnesia

Ugh,

Sometimes when you get frustrated, it's best to step back and take 5 minutes and try again.
I was replacing the ducting between my carbon scrubber and the fan and I
managed to drop my carbon filter on one of my headband plants.
I lost a pretty sizable branch with some nice buds on it, but it could have been a lot worse.
Needless to say I feel like a total asshole but these things happen.

Pics to follow later today.
:wallbash:

Shit happens.

Max0r

Cozy:

Good to see your still around even though you had to shutdown for the time being. What happened in your pic?

Fluorobuds

Lookin good Max, I'll have to admit I droppped a bottle of nutes once and got a branch of mine too, but luckily it was one of my smaller ones.
Keep up the good work man

Max0r

Day 29

Day 29

Still waiting for my DSLR pics from yesterday.
Here's a quick cameraphone update.

707 Headband:
picture.php

View image in gallery

Hindu Skunk:

Group Shots:

Max0r

My headband girls have hit the wall!
All the fan leaves are yellowing up and curling.
Did an emergency flush last night with ph-corrected water.
My skunk plant is fine. Haven't changed anything -- kinda came out of the blue.
Will do more recon tonight when the lights come up.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Not bad, hope your headband ladies pull through I'd like to see how they come out in the fluoro jam!

Max0r

Does it make any sense to feed N?
The whole fan leaves are turning yellow and curling up from the edges in, like a rolling paper. I'm at 30 some odd days of flower.

What are your temps? How much are you feeding? What nutes? Grow medium? It is normal for your leaves to begin yellowing and dying at 30 days, however I am wondering why the edges are curling up like a rolling paper...they should just turn yellow and fall off.
--
TB4U

Max0r

Temps are in the low-mid 80's with lights on, RH stays at 50-60%. I have an 6" fan circulating in there.
Feeding 2tbps/Big Bloom 1/tsp Tiger Bloom, 1tsp CalMag every other watering. Growing in FFOF.

Lower growth is yellowing heavily and dying off. I guess they may be rolling up after they are dead already.

PH was very HIGH before I flushed last night, probably close to 8.0.

Will get pics up tonight. Thinking of giving them a half a teaspoon of Grow Big tonight.

A good flush should fix this, looks like you've got a lockout of P or K. I'm sure your pH being off caused the lockout. That's also a lot of Big Bloom, maybe cut it back to 1 Tblsp? I always feed less than what the bottle says, you will get to learn your plants and see that they don't need that much.
--
TB4U

Max0r

TB4U:

Thanks for checkin in! I'm gonna flush them again in a day or two, topping off with a light bloom feed.
I'm sure the fact that they are in such small containers is a contributing factor but I this is my first time running headband
so I did my best to guess how much they were going to stretch.
I will take the Big Bloom back down to 1tablespoon, need to start saving up for a EC/PPM pen as per the infirmary.