What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maui Wowie (Hawaiian) TLT

CharlesU Farley

Maui Wowie comes from BOEL Hawaiian.
Hawaiian was made in the 68/69 season.
Wowie several years later when outcrosses abd Bxed to Afghan.

NLGreg knows Hawaiian because he was close to Herbie who uses the Boel Hawaiian crossed to NL to make NL5.
The reason there's conflicting stories between him and Nevil are because:
1- Nevil backdoored Greg to get NL limes and got outcrosses that nDn labeled as pure
2- Nevil was a junkie who loved his xanax so really had no memory left by the time the forums started.

I also posted the year the Wowie project started, in the 70s, not 80s.

The story given to me by the chemist involved with making Hawaiian was also confirmed by another chemist who was around and now lives in Oregon. And then also confirmed by Greg. But seems like you feel you know something we dont.
I'm going to tread lightly here, because I have no earthly idea who you are, and you might actually know what you're talking about... on internet forums you never know. But surely to God you're not talking about Tim Scully, the primary and most important chemist of BOEL, who doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with cannabis. Because if you are, you're completely and entirely full of shit, because I'm in _direct_ communication with Tim, within the last week. Cannabis is not his thing, obviously. We are discussing preparative column chromatography for purifying two five and he's trying to remember where Owsley first got the idea to use it for purification purposes. He's curing my ignorance of the eluting solvent, granule size and pH of the alumina.

Run that by your _chemists_, since I doubt you understand what that means. But hey, maybe somebody told you about it.

Btw, Owsley (since you _talked_ to so many people, you are probably on a first name basis and know him is "Bear" ) Melissa ( the _only_ one who had chemistry experience), Tim, Nick, et al... never, fucking _ever_ considered themselves _chemists_.

They considered themselves _cooks_, and unlike you, they actually knew the difference. If I thought it was worth the effort, which I don't, I would have linked you to the interview with Owsley that's on YouTube, where you can actually see the man, who actually did the _work_, say exactly what I'm telling you he said. You wouldn't have to believe me, you could hear it out of his own mouth.

Btw, I wouldn't expect you to believe me, _I'm_ just another poster on the Internet.

And if you're name dropping Herbie, of Herbie seeds, I could give a shit. I could care less about any commercially available, name brand, famous seeds from back in the day, when everything was cool, and everything was the best, blah blah blah, blah, fucking, blah. Bullshit marketing... For Boomers, By Boomers.

_Recreating_ NL#5? OMFG.

As someone who has reverse engineered Sensi's NL (which was created and refined by Nevil using #2 and whatever version of #5 he got his hands on, and then worked/standardized it so it was uniform, which then won all the awards and became the foundation of most modern cannabis) I don't find that insulting or confusing,

I find it absolutely fucking hilarious.

And in response to your part about the story of Northern Lights, I'll use this meme, just in case you're a Millennial:
1000010472.gif

I have forgotten more about Northern Lights than you've probably ever known. When that asshat Todd McCormick from Authentic Genetics started using NL Seattle Greg in bullshit marketing campaign, I thought it sucked but I'm used to it because of all the bullshit associated with Nevil. But when he brought up Steve Murphy, I was going to make it my purpose in life to skewer that blowhard fuck for bringing up a name who is no longer involved in the scene, who had his life _absolutely_ fucking wrecked by Operation Green Merchant. And that asshole was using him for fucking marketing a fucking cannabis seed. So I dug deep in my computer archives, restored old hard disk images, and compiled everything I'd ever saved that had been posted by Nevil and NL Seattle Greg.

I posted it in it's entirety on RIU, and not too long after that, I got shit canned. The admin, not Potroast, got wind I was going to take out OS Buds by name on the forum.

If you take the time to actually investigate that thread, since you obviously didn't check out the link of my first post here on IC Mag in my sig tag, you might discover I know a thing or two about Northern Lights. But I absolutely, positively do not go by hearsay, rumors, what my friends told me, what Nevil told me (I never communicated with the man), ad-fucking-nauseum

I'm out of this thread, it's shit like this that's going to get me kicked off here. And there are much more important threads here on ICMAG. And I don't give a shit about Maui Wowie, just about an _accurate_ history of how various types of cannabis were _actually_ developed, that gets posted on cannabis fora, by people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about, because they actually _did_ it.

I yield the thread to the expert.

Attachments

• 1000010472.gif
    1000010472.gif
    279.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Chuckeye

Interesting read, thank you all !

I'm considering purchasing some fem seeds from Pacific Seedbank, my confidence that they are the "real" deal is low but the reviews have me (almost) convinced to give it a go ;)

Maui wowie from Pacific Seed Bank

Appreciate hearing of any other sources that will ship to Canada !

Cheers
FWIW > The Landrace Team quoted me 85 euros for 5 seeds shipped > $125 Cdn.

Cheers

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone. :watchplant:

Have 13 and most are really nice. Some have a very strong and sweet indica smell.
MW 4 and 15 have red tipped stipules. They're the only ones that have this trait and we will see if this means anything in flowering.

Attachments

• MW-9-4.JPG
    MW-9-4.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 18
  • MW-1-5.JPG
    MW-1-5.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-3-2.JPG
    MW-3-2.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-4-4.JPG
    MW-4-4.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 19
  • MW-4-5.JPG
    MW-4-5.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • MW-4-6.JPG
    MW-4-6.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • MW-7-5.JPG
    MW-7-5.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-7-6.JPG
    MW-7-6.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • MW-10-4.JPG
    MW-10-4.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-8-6.JPG
    MW-8-6.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 17

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The rest.

Attachments

• MW-11-4.JPG
    MW-11-4.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-13-2.JPG
    MW-13-2.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 18
  • MW-14-2.JPG
    MW-14-2.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 25
  • MW-15-6.JPG
    MW-15-6.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 19
  • MW-15-7.JPG
    MW-15-7.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • MW-15-8.JPG
    MW-15-8.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 26
  • MW-15-9.JPG
    MW-15-9.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 22
  • MW-16-4.JPG
    MW-16-4.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-18-2.JPG
    MW-18-2.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 23

Piff_cat

Hi everyone. :watchplant:

Have 13 and most are really nice. Some have a very strong and sweet indica smell.
MW 4 and 15 have red tipped stipules. They're the only ones that have this trait and we will see if this means anything in flowering.
Oh yea put a star next to those. This is a recessive trait which inject flavonoids and cinnamaldeydes into xylem.
Effect is intensive under flat surfaces exposed to UV. While the most extreme will be full red stem from birth. Thick white roots with red hypocotyl is the first sign.
Nature farm used only red males in Colombian black. Female progeny are insane

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I'm going to tread lightly here, because I have no earthly idea who you are, and you might actually know what you're talking about... on internet forums you never know. But surely to God you're not talking about Tim Scully, the primary and most important chemist of BOEL, who doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with cannabis. Because if you are, you're completely and entirely full of shit, because I'm in _direct_ communication with Tim, within the last week. Cannabis is not his thing, obviously. We are discussing preparative column chromatography for purifying two five and he's trying to remember where Owsley first got the idea to use it for purification purposes. He's curing my ignorance of the eluting solvent, granule size and pH of the alumina.

Run that by your chemists, since I doubt you understand what that means. But hey, maybe somebody told you about it.

And if you're name dropping Herbie, of Herbie seeds, I could give a shit. I could care less about any commercially available, name brand, famous seeds from back in the day, when everything was cool, and everything was the best, blah blah blah, blah, fucking, blah. Bullshit marketing... For Boomers, By Boomers. Recreating NL #5?

OMFG.

As someone who has reverse engineered Sensi's NL, which was created and refined by Neville using #2 and whatever version of #5 he got his hands on, and then worked/standardized it so it was uniform, which then on all the awards and became the foundation of most modern cannabis.

I don't find that insulting or confusing, I find it absolutely fucking hilarious.

And in response to your part about the story of Northern Lights, I'll use this meme, just in case you're a Millennial:
View attachment 18977232

I have forgotten more about Northern Lights than you've probably ever known. When that asshat Todd McCormick from Authentic Genetics started using NL Seattle Greg in bullshit marketing campaign, I thought it sucked but I'm used to it because of all the bullshit associated with Nevil. But when he brought up Steve Murphy, I was going to make it my purpose in life to skewer that blowhard fuck for bringing up a name who is no longer involved in the scene, who had his life _absolutely_ fucking wrecked by Operation Green Merchant. And that asshole was using him for fucking marketing a fucking cannabis seed. So I dug deep in my computer archives, and the old hard disk images, and compiled everything I'd ever saved that had been posted by Nevil and NL Seattle Greg.

I posted it in it's entirety on RIU, and not too long after that, I got shit canned. The admin, not Potroast, got wind I was going to take out OS Buds by name on the forum.

If you take the time to actually investigate that thread, since you obviously didn't check out the link of my first post here on IC Mag in my sig tag, you might discover I know a thing or two about Northern Lights. But I absolutely, positively do not go by hearsay, rumors, what my friends told me, what Neville told me, ad-fucking-nauseum

I'm out of this thread, it's shit like this that's going to get me kicked off here. And there are much more important threads here on ICMAG. And I don't give a shit about Maui Wowie, just about an _accurate_ history of how various types of cannabis were _actually_ developed, that gets posted on cannabis fora, by people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about, because they actually _did_ it.

He isn't a millennial, so don't worry, but for the rest he can answer himself.

CharlesU Farley

He isn't a millennial, so don't worry, but for the rest he can answer himself.
Had to come back and proofread/edit, using voice dictation and then editing on a tablet is not my favorite activity but I'm a stickler for correctness and detail in the final product.

I'm intrigued by the statements in your sig tag (was hoping for actual links) except for Grinspoon and the bush... those I already know about. :ROFLMAO:

Got any?

Thcvhunter

Veteran

Run that by your _chemists_, since I doubt you understand what that means. But hey, maybe somebody told you about it.

Btw, Owsley (since you _talked_ to so many people, you are probably on a first name basis and know him is "Bear" ) Melissa ( the _only_ one who had chemistry experience), Tim, Nick, et al... never, fucking _ever_ considered themselves _chemists_.

They considered themselves _cooks_, and unlike you, they actually knew the difference. If I thought it was worth the effort, which I don't, I would have linked you to the interview with Owsley that's on YouTube, where you can actually see the man, who actually did the _work_, say exactly what I'm telling you he said. You wouldn't have to believe me, you could hear it out of his own mouth.

Btw, I wouldn't expect you to believe me, _I'm_ just another poster on the Internet.

And if you're name dropping Herbie, of Herbie seeds, I could give a shit. I could care less about any commercially available, name brand, famous seeds from back in the day, when everything was cool, and everything was the best, blah blah blah, blah, fucking, blah. Bullshit marketing... For Boomers, By Boomers.

_Recreating_ NL#5? OMFG.

As someone who has reverse engineered Sensi's NL (which was created and refined by Nevil using #2 and whatever version of #5 he got his hands on, and then worked/standardized it so it was uniform, which then won all the awards and became the foundation of most modern cannabis) I don't find that insulting or confusing,

View attachment 18977232

I have forgotten more about Northern Lights than you've probably ever known. When that asshat Todd McCormick from Authentic Genetics started using NL Seattle Greg in bullshit marketing campaign, I thought it sucked but I'm used to it because of all the bullshit associated with Nevil. But when he brought up Steve Murphy, I was going to make it my purpose in life to skewer that blowhard fuck for bringing up a name who is no longer involved in the scene, who had his life _absolutely_ fucking wrecked by Operation Green Merchant. And that asshole was using him for fucking marketing a fucking cannabis seed. So I dug deep in my computer archives, restored old hard disk images, and compiled everything I'd ever saved that had been posted by Nevil and NL Seattle Greg.

If you take the time to actually investigate that thread, since you obviously didn't check out the link of my first post here on IC Mag in my sig tag, you might discover I know a thing or two about Northern Lights. But I absolutely, positively do not go by hearsay, rumors, what my friends told me, what Nevil told me (I never communicated with the man), ad-fucking-nauseum

Thanks for treading lightly, lol.

I dont think you're carefully reading what i said. I said the chemist died years ago, in Texas. I wont name him so IRS doesn't go after his survivors.

I never mentioned McCormick.

As for recreating NL5, idk where you got that from my words, either.

Honestly, your attitude is shit and I see why you got banned and are worried about another ban. And, its obvious you haven't gone back to my other posts, yet you expect me to read all your years of posting on various forums.

Thcvhunter

Veteran

_Recreating_ NL#5? OMFG.

View attachment 18977232

Hola buddy,
I apologize
I had a contentious weeks and so i got testy with you.
You are right, neither of us know for a fact and can only parot what we were each told by our elders.

Honestly, thats amazing that you're in contact with Tim. I hope you pick up, carry, and pass on the torch of sacred knowledge, in a good way. Godspeed with that.
As far as I was told by a Company man in NorCal, Shrieker is the last living guy with all three recipes for the organic synthesis. Im curious if Tim would know all three as well.

islandpreservation

Maui Wowie comes from BOEL Hawaiian.
Hawaiian was made in the 68/69 season.
Wowie several years later when outcrosses abd Bxed to Afghan.

NLGreg knows Hawaiian because he was close to Herbie who uses the Boel Hawaiian crossed to NL to make NL5.
The reason there's conflicting stories between him and Nevil are because:
1- Nevil backdoored Greg to get NL limes and got outcrosses that nDn labeled as pure
2- Nevil was a junkie who loved his xanax so really had no memory left by the time the forums started.

I also posted the year the Wowie project started, in the 70s, not 80s.

The story given to me by the chemist involved with making Hawaiian was also confirmed by another chemist who was around and now lives in Oregon. And then also confirmed by Greg. But seems like you feel you know something we dont.
thanks for lowdown, just to be clear your saying a for maui wowie a hawaiian sativa was outcrossed to afghan and back again to afghan? Always trying to get these stories worked out.

This may be news, but checking the vendor list carefully, I can tell you there is no team in TLT-its one guy. Second, it may be of interest that seeds are purchased or gifted then without acknowledgement sold under the TLT name.

As to this thread, are you aware that Maui Wowie is what is also called 'cherry bomb'?

islandpreservation

This may be news, but checking the vendor list carefully, I can tell you there is no team in TLT-its one guy. Second, it may be of interest that seeds are purchased or gifted then without acknowledgement sold under the TLT name.

As to this thread, are you aware that Maui Wowie is what is also called 'cherry bomb'?
Yes thank you I was aware and it is unfortunate. I would like to see people grow these strains and share them freely. I did not know that the Maui was just cherry bomb . From what I heard that is not from the 60s. Thanks for the lowdown

xtsho

I always laugh when I hear all these stories about how this or that cannabis strain came about. Most of it is pure fiction that's been passed around the internet for years. Spread by someone who heard it from so and so who's cousin knew X and told Y this and that.