What's new

Masterlow Microgrow Grow Diary!

grease99

No man, I still dont know the temps. I know a thermo is like 5 bucks but i kinda dont care because even if the temps are too high, im not willing to spend money to fix the issue.

However, my small peyote I ordered arrive today! Will post pics with next update.

blackone

Veteran
This is going to be good for sure. The plant loves to grow and with that vigour even an autoflower might veg enough before flowering to give a nice yield.

grease99

Day 16 Update.

Unfortunately, I think my leaves were burned a little bit by my lights. Either that or nute burn but I don't think so. Still looking pretty good though. Hopefully I will get to start scrogging soon and find out sex. Attached are pics of my plant and my new peyote which is grafted on a san pedro cactus for speedier growth. both cacti contain mescaline, although that's not really my intentions.

How far away were lights when this happened? And it looks like some of the lower leaves have more yellow/brown spots than your two top leaves... Except that first picture where the left leaf looks like it was almost burned/chewed away on the.. 3rd petal of the top right leave.. That looks burned/chewed..

Anyway... Like i said.. Looks like the lower leaves have a bit more yellow than your tops.. Just keep an eye on it, move the light a tad bit further away, and keep an eye on those lower leaves in case they start to become more yellow/brown, if so... Flush it :)

They still look like they're doin great though.. Keep it up! :yes:

grease99

Day 19 Update.
So ya, still have some burned leaves, not too bad I don't think. I have since raise the lights and adjusted nutrient levels. Hopefully it will have minimal effect. Anyways, Im pretty new to scrogging, and not the best at it. I have slightly ripped a few leaves here and there. Is there any one way to scrog? How do things look so far?

buzzy

Dude, as the Masterlow is an autoflowering plant, i think you'd be better with a small SOG approach, instead of the scrog. It probably wont veg long enough to fill the screen, and without toppping (again, as it's autoflower) it probably worth isn't trying to SCRoG it. I'd suggest taking the screen out personally, maybe adding another plant.

The best way to SCRoG is with a topped plant, vegged long enough to cover the screen in leaves. When it's covered, you start to flower.

Whoever said about making beans, that's a must with autoflowering plants. I'm gonna be making about 500 masterlow beans early next year, looking forward to that...

Nice grow :)

grease99

Even if I don't fill the screen scrog style, I still need it to help keep my plant short because Im so short on height.

grease99

My plant was suffering from heat stress. Since Im too cheap/lazy to order a new fan, I took out my 2 42W CFL's at 2700K. I now have 1 27W 6500k CFL as my sole lighting source. I made a ghetto reflector though. Temps have dropped significantly, hopefully we will see improvement. At first sign of flowering, I will take out the 27W (or leave it in?) and throw in the 42Watters. I also made my peyote more comfortable. :smoke:

grease99

Day 23 Update.

Plant is doing good. Lots of new growth so it's beginning to fill in alright. The burned leaves are still there,but overall pretty green.
Should I be able to see signs of sex soon? Are they showing yet? How will I know? Slight smell is starting to develop. When should I throw in the 2700K bulbs?

G

i dont see any sex showing yet, and with an autoflower you wont know until it decides to flower and i would wait until you see pistils before you throw in the flower bulbs

Comin along great dude... I take it no more issues with the burning on the leaves?

And what did you make your screen out of? Tryin to gather design tips for a screen.

grease99

Ya, burnt leaves should be a thing of the past now. My screen is some stiff 10AWG copper wire, weaves together, but anything, and I mean anything will work.

kenzler

mate masterlow shows sex from 12 days for a male and about 16-18 days for a female.
All i grow is AutoFlowring plants do im pretty good at them now lol

Do you have any close up shots mate????

G

kenzler said:
mate masterlow shows sex from 12 days for a male and about 16-18 days for a female.
All i grow is AutoFlowring plants do im pretty good at them now lol

Do you have any close up shots mate????

you can say that confidently for every pheno when he is at day 23??

grease99

Hey all. Today is day 26. I have begun to LST my plant because I wasn't satisfied with scrog results. I think my scrog was too low down. Anyways, I have started to hang "candy canes" of copper wire on branches in order the get them pulled down. The plant is really starting to bulk up, almost a hemisphere on top of the screen.

My peyote was not grown from seed, nor did I graft it myself. Divinecactus.com is responsible for both.

Let me know how things are looking; I appreciate the comments.