What's new

Mars Hydro UR45 UV&IR Led Grow Light bars

Thegreengrower64

Harvested the ILGM BB and had to move a couple plants to another tent for room. Still running uv/ir with main light schedule. The BB I harvested(pic bellow) was nice and frosty with excellent stench also. Smoke test coming soon!
View attachment 18859871 View attachment 18859872 View attachment 18859873
I'm just going to say ( and I certainly don't mean any offence here) but don't get your seeds from ilgm, all white label. If you want to grow the 'original ' Bruce banner; the only place you'll get it is from the original breeder- dark horse genetics, everything else is fake bb.

driver77

I'm just going to say ( and I certainly don't mean any offence here) but don't get your seeds from ilgm, all white label. If you want to grow the 'original ' Bruce banner; the only place you'll get it is from the original breeder- dark horse genetics, everything else is fake bb.
Yeah I'm aware of ILGM genetics....they where a gift from a buddy that got out of growing. I've gotten even more aware since planting a bunch of them lol.
More valuable than the seeds...which isn't much....were some cool stickers I got gifted also! :pimp3:

I try to include the breeder in any plants name because there is a bunch of difference between say ILGM Northern Lights and seedsman NL....or anyone else's NL....or BB as you pointed out.
So I was compelled to include ILGM in the description even though I cringe as I type ILGM.....

Video points this out even better!

Thegreengrower64

Yeah I'm aware of ILGM genetics....they where a gift from a buddy that got out of growing. I've gotten even more aware since planting a bunch of them lol.
More valuable than the seeds...which isn't much....were some cool stickers I got gifted also! :pimp3:

I try to include the breeder in any plants name because there is a bunch of difference between say ILGM Northern Lights and seedsman NL....or anyone else's NL....or BB as you pointed out.
So I was compelled to include ILGM in the description even though I cringe as I type ILGM.....

Video points this out even better!
😆cringe as I type ilgm 🤣...you know

driver77

I notice if main light is ran below 600w the plants start reaching for the add on bars big time. Thats still running with main light schedule though.....food for thought....probably have to put bars on a timer. Plants are loving life though. Ignore that poor thing in the back....it's a miracle it's alive.
20230719_170335[1278].jpg

Thegreengrower64

I notice if main light is ran below 600w the plants start reaching for the add on bars big time. Thats still running with main light schedule though.....food for thought....probably have to put bars on a timer. Plants are loving life though. Ignore that poor thing in the back....it's a miracle it's alive.
View attachment 18867651
How far away are your plants from the light.?
Very rarely do I have to put my lumetek 600w Pro on 100%. For the majority of the grow its on 75%, at a distance from plant canopy approx 20in.

BABY Z

Very rarely do I have to put my lumetek 600w Pro on 100%. For the majority of the grow its on 75%, at a distance from plant canopy approx 20in.
Posso chiedere una cosa senza che la prendete male? Non capisco il perchè prendere sti pannelli potenti per poi non usare il 100% della loro efficacia e potenza....sia chiaro ognuno fà ciò che ritiene più opportuno....ma è solo per capire....quando lo dobbiamo o lo si può usare il 100%? E lo sto chiedendo perchè vedo molti utenti usare questi nuovi led dimmerando la potenza....😉😁

driver77

Thats how I noticed the issue....I had it running at around 500w and the plants where all pointing straight at the add on bars. Had to turn it up to 600w and raise it higher to help the situation. Of course the proper fix would be to put the bars on a separate timer and run them fewer hours than the main light....which is how MH recommends they are run lol. Being a little hard headed I decided to throw their recommendations away to come to my own conclusions....and I'm learning a lot!

Thegreengrower64

Posso chiedere una cosa senza che la prendete male? Non capisco il perchè prendere sti pannelli potenti per poi non usare il 100% della loro efficacia e potenza....sia chiaro ognuno fà ciò che ritiene più opportuno....ma è solo per capire....quando lo dobbiamo o lo si può usare il 100%? E lo sto chiedendo perchè vedo molti utenti usare questi nuovi led dimmerando la potenza....😉😁
Sorry mate. Ain't got the foggiest idea what you just said. Translate.

BABY Z

Sorry mate. Ain't got the foggiest idea what you just said. Translate.
Intendo che non riesco a trovare una regola fissa per lavorare coi led ,ho notato segni di stress già a 300w dimmerati pur avendo spazio ecc e mi chiedevo come e quando è consigliabile usarli al 100% tutto qui....

driver77

mm jkuCan I ask for something without taking it badly? I do not understand why take sti powerful panels and then not use 100% of their effectiveness and power.... let it be clear everyone does what he sees fit.... but it's just to understand.... When should we or can we use it 100%? And I'm asking because I see many users use these new LEDs dimming the power....😉
I'll take a stab at your question from my perspective. I wanted the best possible coverage in my 4x4 tent and to get edge to edge fit I had to go with a 800w light. 800w in a 4x4 is more than plants can tolerate without co2 so I run it between 500w - 600w.
Another way of thinking is that if I buy an oversized light and run it at less than 100% there is less load on the diodes and it will last longer.

Thegreengrower64

I'll take a stab at your question from my perspective. I wanted the best possible coverage in my 4x4 tent and to get edge to edge fit I had to go with a 800w light. 800w in a 4x4 is more than plants can tolerate without co2 so I run it between 500w - 600w.
Another way of thinking is that if I buy an oversized light and run it at less than 100% there is less load on the diodes and it will last longer.
Because all plants are not the same.
Example: cookie strains do not like or require the high levels some lights put out.
So it's all strain dependent. Know your plants.

driver77

I mean that I can not find a fixed rule to work with LEDs, I noticed signs of stress already at 300w dimmed despite having space etc. and I was wondering how and when it is advisable to use them 100% that's all....
You can run 100% as long as your plants can tolerate it basically.....also you don't want to be too high above the plants to make it tolerate it or your just wasting power.
There are no fixed rules ...just general recommendations and guidelines which I like to push the boundaries of. :pimp3:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts