What's new

MARLO's 2011 WINTER VERTICAL

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a very proper Vert set up! Prop to Marlo for explaining and bring new peepz to the vertical world!

Ill watch the magic from back here bro!

cheers
red.

whodair

Veteran
go marlo !!

go marlo !!

diesel+barebulb+cool winter temps !! the colors and density will be dazzling !! should be able to grow them close to the bulb !!

do you have the 6in fan on a speed controller ?? i run 2x4in vortex...one vortex runs 24/7, the second is on the timer with two 430w hps bare...works like a charm !!

all the best to ya diesel don !!

P

pine boy

I.C.Mag is awesome.
Nice going Marlo.It's always a pleasure to look in on one of your grows.
:thank you:

bobblehead

Veteran
Nice update bro... This run I didn't do a whole lot of pruning, just training... to see what the difference would be. I've only harvested a few plants so far, but I have to say, chopping off fans and small branches, pulling some forward through the netting, bending, etc... Makes a big difference. All the buds end up fully developed. I have a few smallish buds this run b/c they just didn't get enough light... I'm going to continue training in future runs.

Anyway, looking good! I like the aggressive training. I'd say you've got this space dialed in...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Makes me wanna go back to the vert!!!

Marlo - impressive as always. Been lurking in your other threads for a while so I thought it time I pay my respects to a great grower. Quality.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how long did you veg those girls for?

They were started from seed in late sept. They were neglected under some cfls most of the time. They've recovered nicely tho.

Nice! This is inspiring. I'm already thinking about vert for my next grow. Thanks for the ideas man.

Do it! You'll be glad you did.

This is a very proper Vert set up! Prop to Marlo for explaining and bring new peepz to the vertical world!

Wsup Red. Looks like I'm about a week or 2 behind your new room.
You keep showin the big boys how to do vert, and I'll show the lil guys how it's done!

Thank you for this new grow and the tips you add. Gonna be tight.

My pleasure bro. Welcome :)

diesel+barebulb+cool winter temps !! the colors and density will be dazzling !! should be able to grow them close to the bulb !!

do you have the 6in fan on a speed controller ??

Winter growing is by far my favorite. Always seems to put out a better product. Hopefully we get lots of golf ball lookin nugs. I'm excited to see what these girls can do. Some of them stink already.

No fan controller for me. The vortex stays on 24/7.

I.C.Mag is awesome.

Yes it is!!
Welcome PB :wave:

Nice update bro... This run I didn't do a whole lot of pruning, just training... to see what the difference would be. I've only harvested a few plants so far, but I have to say, chopping off fans and small branches, pulling some forward through the netting, bending, etc... Makes a big difference. All the buds end up fully developed. I have a few smallish buds this run b/c they just didn't get enough light... I'm going to continue training in future runs.

Don't you hate that feeling? Lookin at all that larf on harvest day?
The extra work definitely makes a difference. I was in there for over 3 hours tryna get these girls in line.
I've been getting better with it every round. Hopefully this one is better than the last.

Makes me wanna go back to the vert!!!

Thanks for stoppin by RM. What made you leave vert?

Nice grow Marlo!! Subbed to your galadriel grow and that was aweswome. Looking forward to this one!

Hey SG. I wish that grow was in the winter. No more summer grows for me.

Looking really good, bro - love your screen game, topnotch.

Thanks. These screens have been very good to me. This is round 5 for them, I think. Money well spent imo.

A model vert grow, thanks for the inspiration dude,:joint:H

Good to see you H. Inspiration is what got me this far!

:tiphat:

Sleeper7784

Nice clean set up Bro. I'm on my first solo grow right now and was introduce to vert. I'm loven it, great concept.
My set up:

Day 29 in veg.

13 plants-
Gods Gift
Chocolope
White Chocolate
White Widow
DSD
Train Wreck
Purple Urkle

1 600 HPS

Rezipe Nut. Schedule
(GH Flora Series)

LSTing to keepem nice and bushy on top and keep those colas reaching for the star(light)
I've been pretty consistent with maintaining short/optimal node spacing.

For sure going to follow this thread. Thanks Marlo for the ride along.

GoozMan

Hey man, I really like the simplicity of your setup. Looks very efficient! I'm hooked on hydro - do you think this would work as well with DWC buckets?

It's been said by many but I'll say it again, thanks for the inspiration. This is going in my bank of ideas for the future. You even sound like a nice guy.

N

nukkumatti

Thank you Marlo again for showing the proper training facility! :)

Subscribed! I really liked your previous run with the 2 400! :)

G

grozzef

Good stuff man, vert is def the way to go. i just started running roots excel last run too and it def is some miracle shit i didn't have a single leaf that wasn't super green and healthy looking(more than usual) and i definitely don't see myself goin back to not usin it. keep up the good farmin bro

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Marlo at it again. I was impressed the first time and Im sure this one will be just as good

drymouth

Marlo what it do Fam.... I love these nets, i actually sugested for someone on here to run with this style I posted " why dont you check out the homie Marlo's grow he got a vertical net grow crackin" I like your line up i use to have the extrem strawberry smellin DsD pheno pure dank my friend!

Danxy

Hey Marlo, Hows it growin? I am starting a 400 watt bare bulb grow with 6 400 s how close can the plants get to the light? any recomendations on bulb placement? thinking about running 20 bubble buckets any recs on plant count for 6 lights?? Thanx, Nice set-up btw

Latest posts

Latest posts