What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

flaw.less.finish

@Tangwena I been following this thread, this is my first time trying this method. I used a very hazy nld version of Breeder Steve's sweet skunk x chem 91. I used parchment paper since I had it handy, 24h in the dehydrator, then air dried 36 h, then 80f for 7 days. Now air drying for the next step. Let me know what you think. Cheers

Attachments

• 20240215_205605.jpg
    20240215_205605.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240304_201319.jpg
    20240304_201319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240304_202219.jpg
    20240304_202219.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240304_202224.jpg
    20240304_202224.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240305_214036.jpg
    20240305_214036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240315_122313.jpg
    20240315_122313.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice looking cob there @Baba Karuna. She looks intense :)
@Tangwena, nice documentation of the sequence there, great shots! Do you have a preference of the two? That purple one looks intriguing!! Is there a difference between the two in terms of aroma? Thanks for sharing brother, I could look at photos like these all day long, cheers!
Hi brother yes the hermi is like sweet pine mt favorite very euphoric energetic and positive.
The Purple one has a stronger more pungent aroma more skunky but not skunk if that makes sense.
The high is stonier and trippy good for fishing and lasts a long time.

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena I been following this thread, this is my first time trying this method. I used a very hazy nld version of Breeder Steve's sweet skunk x chem 91. I used parchment paper since I had it handy, 24h in the dehydrator, then air dried 36 h, then 80f for 7 days. Now air drying for the next step. Let me know what you think. Cheers
Looking well fermented my friend, now its just aging. How are the aromas?

ost

I still stuff up now and then but I'm getting better each time ha ha.
Its practice makes perfection for your particular tastes. You will end up with a unique result that suites you to a T.
Once you find that special strain that hits all the right buttons you will be in Nirvana.
i just need a few more weeks on my early strains, no idea how long on the sativa girls ! near cob time , plan now for replacements and outie sets!still have the last cobs that i made minus 2 total left is 16 should stand out by july 4th !!!

Last edited:

Rastafarout

Premium user
Jai Siya Ram 🙏🏼

Nigerian cob cured for 4 months, smelled like sweet children's vitamins when growing, now it has a strong medicinal smell. When inhaled it gives a minty effect on the throat and lungs that lasts for some time after the session. Improves breathing and is psychedelic and smooth, using too much quickly leads to a "lazy sativa" effect. 😋
This is how the “black” gets in the Congo black …that looks like rocket fuel ! Nice

Baba Karuna

Minty effect is great when I still smoked that menthol on the inhale was a def favorite of mine ha ha.
I tried some of the Mulanje Gold Hermi cob and its a good high. I think crossed to my Mulanje it could be a nice mix.
I like mixing different phenos and plants but mainly at the consumption stage rather than crossing them.
Your working with two known effects like that.
Below 2 phenos of Mulanje gold first the Hermi. View attachment 18973536

Next the purple stinker ha ha.

View attachment 18973535

Side by side in the drying box.

View attachment 18973534

Then an example of dried buds ready for cobbing.
View attachment 18973533

View attachment 18973541 View attachment 18973542

9 months later.

View attachment 18973532

Hermi on the right Purple on the left.
The minty effect has shown up in my Nigerian and Senegalese herbs, when chewed I feel a noticible difference when breathing, the lungs feel invigorated. I too am a fan of mixing cobs together to benefit from their combined effects, latelty i have enjoyed Egyptian and Nigerian chewed together 🤯

Love the pictures brother, that purple specimen is spectacular.🤩 I feel that you would really enjoy this Nigerian, I have had some quality Mulanje before and it is some choice herb 🙌

Last edited:

Buzzzzd

I always leave anything with trichomes intact
I never did trim real close because I never did anything with the "trim" and I figured that it all ended up in the same place anyway. But I have noticed that some of the pics that show the drying and such show the buds as pretty "hairy" and that got me to thinkin' that I may try some of this next harvest I will leave in a fairly natural state to compact and ferment.
Thanx for the info.

Tangwena

Veteran
I never did trim real close because I never did anything with the "trim" and I figured that it all ended up in the same place anyway. But I have noticed that some of the pics that show the drying and such show the buds as pretty "hairy" and that got me to thinkin' that I may try some of this next harvest I will leave in a fairly natural state to compact and ferment.
Thanx for the info.
I never trim but thats just me I'm lazy ha ha. I prefer the cures with the sugar leaves attached it makes for a more balanced flavor at least in my opinion.

Tangwena

Veteran
The minty effect has shown up in my Nigerian and Senegalese herbs, when chewed I feel a noticible difference when breathing, the lungs feel invigorated. I too am a fan of mixing cobs together to benefit from their combined effects, latelty i have enjoyed Egyptian and Nigerian chewed together 🤯

Love the pictures brother, that purple specimen is spectacular.🤩 I feel that you would really enjoy this Nigerian, I have had some quality Mulanje before and it is some choice herb 🙌
Thats pretty amazing I have felt it before myself but just put it down to other factors.
But I do have some cobs that make breathing harder which I put down to an allergic reaction on my part to something in the cob.
Not hard enough to stop me chewing that particular cob though the high is out of site.

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking good bro!

It's an addictive process, no turning back now!😍
I've been promising myself a cob free day for the past month but somehow I always give in to the cobs allure ha ha.
Been having fun lately mixing mulanje cobs and phenos, shit if my tolerance was lower I would be getting higher but I just keep increasing the dose instead ha ha.

Latest posts

Latest posts