What's new

Macro photography 101

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Great shots Bubbleman!

How is the cost of the camera used? 21.7 Megapixels is INSANE!

bubbleman

Veteran
last two didnt fit, and they surely shouldnt be ommited just for that...

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
Bubble man

ps, Not sure if you will find any 5D mark II for sale used, as they are completely new. Some still havent gotten theirs picked up yet, its that new.
The cost of the camera is around 4500 with the 24-105mm L type lens.
Super beautiful lens and worth having, (1200)
THe body itself was 3500 minus lens i believe.

The rene is still in my life yes, but not in any grow of mine. I havent grown in years actualy. But i gotta say i vaped some rene last night and damn if wasnt sooo tasty...

C

CTSV

The rene is still in my life yes, but not in any grow of mine. I havent grown in years actualy. But i gotta say i vaped some rene last night and damn if wasnt sooo tasty...

Definitely some of the best I ever smoked. Even though it was 7-8 years ago. Glad to hear that wonderful strain is still around. Great pictures man, and thats quite a setup you are working with. Good stuff.

Take it easy. :joint:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Not sure if you will find any 5D mark II for sale used, as they are completely new. Some still havent gotten theirs picked up yet, its that new.
The cost of the camera is around 4500 with the 24-105mm L type lens.
Super beautiful lens and worth having, (1200)
THe body itself was 3500 minus lens i believe.

Bubbleman: is that the only gear you're using to take those spectacular macro shots? You aren't using a bellows or extender tubes?
If you're telling me that you only need that camera body, the lens you specified and possibly a tripod...I'm sold! Would love to know the specific breakdown of equipment you've been using. Splendid, just splendid!

Che

Veteran
This thread has inspired me, although I am just a newbie when it comes to macro and my camera (Canon A620) is a little dated.
I took a few today, trying to use manual settings instead of the auto macro button..

I'm getting better...

bubbleman

Veteran
Yes all the shots above were taken with the MPE 65MM macro lens. There were not stacks or combinz programs used.
The camera body is the 5D mark II , and i used a tripod for most of the shots taken above.

As for a breakdown, here goes.

My old camera was the 40D canon, ( 1200) for body

My new camera is the 5D mark II ( 3500) for body

Lens is 65mm MPE macro lens by canon ( 700-1000)

Flash for lens, a must have ( MT 24EX dual flash by canon)
around (650)

Manfrotto legs, and 410 gear head, ( 650)

and there you have it....

Peace
Bubble man

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Bubbleman: You're a photographer and a gentleman!!! I was perusing the list you were kind enough to post and you stated that your new Canon 5D Mark II was $3500 for the body. I quickly did a search and found a range of prices markedly smaller for that camera body....$2,530 to $3,045.
http://www.google.com/products/cata...d=7224151493629154532&sa=N&start=0#ps-sellers
Do me a favor and check the link above. If that's the same cam, and I can obtain it for almost $1000 cheaper I'd be psyched. I just want to make sure that I'm not crazy or there's some sort of confusion regarding pricing.
Ya' never know...these online places sometimes sell refurbished stuff, or variant models..etc.
Thanks for your list BTW. Nice to have all that in 1 locale and very succinct.

Stunning, very inspiring photos, Bubbleman. I just received my new MP-E 65, very excited, and I have a 40D too, with the hots for an upgrade, but not the funds. LOL. And now that I know how difficult it is to use the MP-E free-hand, I have deepened appreciation for the photos here, especially the insect photos you and Monkey and others have posted. Really beautifully captured images!

kno3brock

that 65mm MPE macro lens by canon is one of the first thing that I've seen that has made me want to sell my nikon gear and switch to canon.

bubbleman

Veteran
Ice crystals

Ice crystals

those shots don't look like any ice crystals i've ever seen. Does kinda look like airbubbles trapped under dirty glass.

Speaking of ice crystals, i shot a few the other day. Here they are...

Enjoy..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The last two are the original and a crop of the original>
I really thought it looked like a women holding a baby in this ice crystal, kinda cool...

Bubble man

tomato

Veteran
yes flexo, it's frozen lake with air bubbles :D this ice was really thick, about 1,5 meters.
one more shot

picture.php