What's new

Macro photography 101

bubbleman

Veteran
Some more macro shots i took recently
These have been posted in their own threads, but i figured i would share them in the macro thread...

Peace
Bubble man

bogusik2

Omg Bubbleman, W33dstar i cant say i'm shooting macros when i see art like that :D
Maybe someday.... hehe
for now only some inperfect stuff from odl nikon hehe pzdr

121281_5_1.JPG

121281_2_1.JPG

121281_3_1.JPG

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was taken freehand. And when I say freehand, I mean one handed, whilst in the back of a canoe, taking the photo of the dragonflys on my own arm.

Using my standard 18-55 kit lens too, depth of field ain't great but I like :D

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ther is nothing wrong with those Bog...very nice...and Sammet..I drink to much coffee to get an image that sharp...beautiful ...DD

bubbleman

Veteran
Yeah nothing wrong at all bog, youre getting the hang of it man>
I am indeed shooting with an MPE doobiebuck.

Great capture sammet, the elusive dragon fly. I have yet to capture one's image

cool images w33dstar, as for the mites, man when i see those on the liveview, it makes my skin crawl. but had to share it ya know.

These images are from the congolese via rainha ginga via visioncreator , via Green supreme.

Peace
Bubbleman

JustinCase

Now that's some serious macro action. I don't even want to show mine now. Excellent stuff. Screw it here's a couple from my 18-55mm non macro dedicated lens.

Last edited:

Wonderon

Definitely some amazing shots to be seen in this thread. Love the macro shots, resin glands and insects for everyone lol. Thanks for sharing.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubbleman you're about to send me to the store for an MPE......great shots everyone...here are a couple close ups...and one macro of my Sweet Blue F2...more macros soon....DD

bogusik2

Doobie those are great :D really enjoyable to eye.. great chill out with this theard :D
I'm glad it wasn't forgotten and all thanks to you guys.. and youre outstanding photos! I bet you'd get the gold in Pekin hehehe :) ..too bad polish atletics arent so good in what tyey're doing xD They could learn a lot from you hehehehe
..piekne intymne chwile, az sie zarosiły bryle hehehe pzdr

12128mucha.JPG

12128mucha_1_.JPG