What's new

Lucas Formula add back calculator here

superusa

superusa, to program native apps for the iPhone and iPod touch, you need to have a dual-core Intel Mac to develop and compile on. They use a different flavor of C that is completely object-oriented.

Your best bet would be a web app using javascript that could run on just about any web browser (including mobiles) regardless of OS. Actually, I have been using a web based Lucas top-off app (written in php) for years. I recently ported it to javascript. It does both 2-part Flora and 1-part Nova, and both 0.5 and 0.7 TDS conversion factors. It doesn't account for starting water TDS though (yet). I always used RO/DI.

I tested it against your spread sheet, and the results are the same when compared. I approached the calculations basically the same way that you did. I used TDS values for the nutes that were once posted on the old CW. Since seeing your spreadsheet, I copied you and added the ability to drop the target TDS and also added the add-back water into the calculations.

When I used this app before, I used DWC systems that auto-topped. Now I'm using E&F with manual top-offs and was just doing 1/2 strength on all top offs and dumping halfway through. That is going to change now that I changed the app.

Thanks for the inspiration.

BTW:
1 mL of FloraNova bloom in one gallon of RO is ~161 ppm @ 0.7

Glad to be of help. Obviously you see exactly how i did the calculation just figuring out what one unit of fertilizer would make ppm wise in a gallon. If you have a web app already that is great. I am sure alot of people would like to be able to access the nutrient calculator on their phones. personally i can use the excel spreadsheet on my phone, but a web based app would be better obviously. I don't have a host service anymore, since i am no longer in the IT industry. I would def be up to some work on a web based calc if you need any help. A web-based calc with several nutrient profiles i think would be great for the community.

I will add the FNB into the spreadsheet on a separate page and update the original post tonight. I will also add in TDS conversion factors for those who use conversions other than .7

Very cool, superusa.
The nice thing with javascript is that you really don't need any web presence to use it. Just copy the html file to the device and open it locally as a file in the browser.

I've attached my version as a txt file. Just rename it with an html extension and voila!

Attachments

• lucas_formula.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 95

superusa

Very cool, superusa.
The nice thing with javascript is that you really don't need any web presence to use it. Just copy the html file to the device and open it locally as a file in the browser.

I've attached my version as a txt file. Just rename it with an html extension and voila!

"You must remove water from the resevoir in order to achieve this"

That's awesome. Your calculator works perfectly. I can show you how to get it to adjust for tap water ppm, and i can also show you how to make it figure out how much water you have to remove...., in fact i think i could get it to show how much water you have to remove, then how much to add back and what nutrients lol. I will do it on the spreadsheet and unprotect it so you can copy the formulas if you want.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
i am serious about the iphone app.

Im working on finding someone to help me build the apps that I have ideas for.

gdbud

I will add the FNB into the spreadsheet on a separate page and update the original post tonight. I will also add in TDS conversion factors for those who use conversions other than .7

Thanks for the FNB page.
I will take a look at it.

Thanks for the FNB page.
I will take a look at it.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread. I was reading this thread then I stumbled upon ur post, and I saw the African Senegal in ur Avatar. Adorable! Here's mine. Her name is Sativa!

day 19

endofwed

Can someone tell me how to exit the excel so its 0-5-10 (for cfl grow) instead of 0-8-16? Im not too familiar with excel and would really appreciate it. Thanks!

TakeOne

Can someone tell me how to exit the excel so its 0-5-10 (for cfl grow) instead of 0-8-16? Im not too familiar with excelhttp://www.bluewaterhunter.com/education/education_lung.html and would really appreciate it. Thanks!

You need to change A14 to the PPM you get by adding 5ml micro 10ml bloom to 1 gallon of RO water, and then divide it by 5 instead of 8. (If I remember correctly now.. )

I have also made a calculator with superusa's formulas in python, that handles different ratios for people not using lucas.

I got it setup for floraduo grow+bloom.

growDosage = [0.5,0.5,1.5, 3 , 3 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 1]

bloomDosage = [0.5,0.5,0.5, 1 , 1 , 3 , 3 , 4 , 4 , 4 , 4]

This is milliliters pr. liter from week 1, as i'm located in Europe:yummy:
I got another array that holds the PPM of the nutrient ratio when mixed with 1l of water.
Type in what week you are in, and after that you fill in the same stuff that you type in on superusa's calculator.

This is not tweaked in any way, it's GH's formula straight from the bottle.

If anyone is interested I can share it here as soon as I fill up the array with all FNG's (or whatever the name was).

Would also be nice to be able to calculate how much water to remove and add back to get a lower PPM, since i'm no math genius I will just have to keep on trying, and hope that superusa comes and saves my day, like he did with his formula! :woohoo::thank you:
I'm working on a automatic nutrient doser, so being able to calculate how much water to remove to reach a lower PPM would be nice.

Instead of going after a "target" setpoint on my doser (for that to work good I would need to know how my plant behaves in hydro really well), instead I will monitor if EC rises or falls with the water level, and dilute or add more nutrients at the plants wish.. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts