What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lophophora williamsii ...

How much do you know about it? I recently found it on the web and was intrigued by growing it.

Do any of you know more??

IMG_1582.jpeg

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
It is slow to grow. Cactus people grow it for a hobby and a novelty. If you want to sample Mescaline, There are several S. American cactus that grow faster. If you can get streaming of the Vice network on TV you can check out Hamiltons Pharma show on streaming. He has different episodes on Peyote and various S. American cactus.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I'm not sure what you mean? If you are growing peyote cactus for the beauty, novelty, hobby etc. go for it but it will take a long time to grow the seeds you find on the internet. If you are looking for Mescaline, growing Peyote is not very practical because it is so slow growing. If you are in an Arizona type climate you can grow one of the S. American cactus outside even and have good results. Those cactus are available on the internet and they can be bought in large quantities I believe.

farmerfischer

If you want peyote to grow faster, you can graft them to faster growing cactus..
And if you're interested in mescaline,, try growing trichocereus bridgesii or trichocereus pachinoi or peruvian torch.. they take a few years from seed to get any size, but once they are big enough they can grow up to a foot a year..
Your best be if you're interested in trichocereus is to order some large cuts or rooted clones..
Just watch out for the PC trichocereus.(box store trichocereus). they're not active

So Hai

I think there is another thread on the forum if interested in growing these cacti, can’t say anything about lophophora but trichocereus is really something else if you look to make tea :D

thanks for the advice, but please ask me, how do you cure these cacti?? that is, if I wanted to "try them" I would have to dry them and then?? smoke them??

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Dry them and make them into a tea. IDK what country you come from but in the US cactus can be legal for yard ornaments but are illegal for anything else - LOL. Some countries like Thailand and Canada cactus is legal. Cactus is bitter so it is best to stir in some honey or sweetener. I was recently on a Canadian web site and they sell a dried powder for tea. You can put the powder in gel caps etc. or process cactus like the S. American entheogen but tea seems easier.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
can’t say anything about lophophora but trichocereus is really something else if you look to make tea :D

I've heard that peyote is rather different than mescaline itself or the usual San Pedro because of the other alkaloids in peyote, maybe also because it's easier to get a high dose with peyote. Unfortunately it and its seeds are not easily found in this country, thanks to the Catholic Church, and inactive Trichs are much easier to buy than the actives. It seems that cactus growers are deliberately selecting inert specimens of otherwise active species for propagation.

Last edited:

So Hai

I've heard that peyote is rather different than mescaline itself or the usual San Pedro because of the other alkaloids in peyote, maybe also because it's easier to get a high dose with peyote. Unfortunately it and its seeds are not easily found in this country, thanks to the Catholic Church, and inactive Trichs are much easier to buy than the actives. It seems that cactus growers are deliberately selecting inert specimens of otherwise active species for propagation.
Probably all differ a bit from each other, there are other cacti that contain alkaloids also. If you are looking for seeds and plants then this nursery has a wide selection of both: wermlanddesertplants (dot) se. They ship worldwide but it is your risk if outside the EU.

They differ from each other, I tried to make tea with trichocereus bridgesii (Echinopsis lageniformis).
I tried one part fresh to make an "improvised" tea and it had no effect... while the other part is drying now, I always try it in tea but dry...

I read that for example San Pedro can have a very varied concentration of mescaline, a specimen can contain 30mg or 1200mg....
o_O

Latest posts

Latest posts