What's new

Looking for precedents: cops opening doors

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
JJScorpio said:
I would think the cop would have had to have some reason to open the door. I checked and most states wont even have Officers take a missing persons report until the person has been missing for 48 hours. What led the Officer to open the dorr? That will be the key to your argument. I don't think unless family or close friend reorts her missing the police should have opened that door. Does your girlfriend have a health issue? If not my argument would be that the police wont take a MP report for 48 hrs, why are they opening doors to a residence? They can only do that if they have "probable cause" to think she was in there and hurt or in danger....you are going to have to look through law books regarding your State and try to find a similiar case....

I like your arguement bro.....

See St V. Fitzgerald for the precdent too!!!

Peace
BB

JJScorpio said:
I would think the cop would have had to have some reason to open the door. I checked and most states wont even have Officers take a missing persons report until the person has been missing for 48 hours. What led the Officer to open the dorr?

Noseyness and stupidity led him to open the door. The dignus described HPS bulbs as heat lamps - and consistently spelled it "heet lamps".

JJScorpio said:
Does your girlfriend have a health issue? If not my argument would be that the police wont take a MP report for 48 hrs, why are they opening doors to a residence?

The officer states in his report the caller said she knew of no health issues. Among state Supreme Ct decisions which evaluate whether an emergency existed, they have used "NO MISSING PERSONS REPORT" as an indicator of no emergency.

I know some here have felt the story is too ridiculous to be the truth and whole truth ... maybe our lawyers are withholding total credibility as well.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Errin U have reached the point now... after a LOT of research and study and reading.... You KNOW NOW... that what the cop did in your case was WRONG..and BULLSHIT...
I mean... what if your GF HAD been home and getting out of the shower.. as the cop was COMING IN to ur house... THATS BULLSHIT.. and THATS WHY you have to INSIST your lawyer see it that way.... THERE IS JUST NO EMERGENCY... while the cops intentions "MAY" have been good... thats not the test... well u could actually tell me what the test is now...LOL.... I LOVE IT!!
Keep that case that talks about NO MISSING report... add it to the 35 min case the FITZ case... I think ur there now bro...

PLEASE... let me know how its going and how it works out... I have a vested interest in this now hehehehe

Peace
BB

Latest posts

Latest posts