What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai: Grow + hopefully make some seeds !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So cool that people are working on these! Just wanted to ask about how long the high lasts, for you, or maybe the phenos vary a lot?
Hey there, sorry for the late reply. I would say the high is fairly long lasting, but mostly very clear headed, so you have to be reminded that you are high sometimes.... The potency is great but the clarity sort of offsets that in some ways.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets have a look at the two Bodhi plants. These are around 9 weeks and getting close.
This bud on the new Bodhi plant mostly unseeded but the seeding of most of the plant has made it look a little ragged.
Has a great Lemon chemical cleaner smell with musk and some dark dank undertone in the background. It has only been in the last couple of days ive managed to pot up a rooted cutting of this plant which is a huge relief because i want to run it again. I don't think it's a particularly slow rooter, rather my cloning setup became cursed and i started a whole new one. seems to be on track again now...
Bodhinewnearly.jpg
LTbodhinewnugnearly.jpg

And here is a seeded bud on the old proven Bodhi plant. I have two of these.
bodhioldseededbud.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll post some pics of the DC plants later. These took longer to start flowering and were pollinated on the early side.. which is fine because i want the majority of seeds in the repro to be the result of 'crossing' the two populations together. The Terps are developing from being quite different to being almost identical to the LT i know.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again, the Derg Corra Girls:

Plant 3, all smell similar but this one has a slightly sharper more metallic fruity twang
i have fed it quite well, being a seeded plant, and this may have caused a bit of secondary bud growth.. as well as the fact that it was pollinated on the early side.
LTDC3@8.jpg

Plant 5 had Purpled a bit and is very sticky.
LTDC5@8+.jpg

And plant 8 which has also purpled a little.
LT8DC@8.jpg

VG :tiphat:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Bodhi had 2 different Lemon Thai keepers, 1 indica and 1 sativa, I've never seen what they both looked like but I've grown Prayer Tower remix who was made with the "indica" keeper, the resulting plants were some of the best I've grown. The high was so good, extremely up beat, happy high, despite being cross with the Appalachia male and being an "indica" Lemon Thai the females were typical hybrid with sativa dominance and this dominance was obvious in the high. I have some pictures of the Prayer Tower in my album, they look like typical sativa dom hybrids.
Don't let le wide leaves fool you there is a lot of sativa influence in those plants and it transfers very well in the high.
@VerdantGreen I really like what you're doing with this line, the Lemon Thai deserves to be grown by many gardeners all over the world to enjoy her solar high. I'll happily get some from you when you're done

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks, @kro-magnon & @LG/
The F3 seeds i bought from Bodhi were labelled as from the 'Indica' pheno... but they have all looked more hybrid or leaning towards narrow-leaf. Perhaps the males he used had a bigger influence as well?
But yes i have grown to love the LT over a decade or so (with a few gaps) and i really hope this repro will help bring some genetic diversity and health to the line, and allow many more people to grow it.

Looks-wise the new Bodhi plant, to my eyes, is the nicest ive had from both his and the DC seeds.... and i'm looking forward to growing that and some of the others sensi after this round..

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not the smallest clone ive ever rooted.. but close. The new Bodhi female finally as a rooted cutting!
Structurally the best plant this time round (but topping did the DC plants no favours)
Smells as good as any of the others
Promising and i look forward to running it again.
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 15.20.03.png

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
quick look at some plants..
here are a couple of DC plants with a similar structure. Obviously one has purpled.
these pics taken under the lights.
DCLT5donenug.jpg
DCLT9donenug.jpg

and here is the Old bodhi plant that i already made S1s with. I think it also has broadly the same bud structure. This bud has more seeds in it.

Bodhiolddone.jpg

This is the other DC plant which is quite different, and the buds have run a bit due to early seeding and extra nutrition.
DCLT3nugdone.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smell on all the plants is quite similar... The DC ones have a slightly more sharp fruity edge.
VG

Reactions: LG/