What's new

LED grown Sour 60

Nicoli

Veteran
My post was NOT to stir any fire, it was to determine whether or not Sour 60 can finish in 60 days, plain and simple.

C

ChynaRyder

I like an honest answer. Have you smoked it yet?

Not yet, but I will be soon...but I primarily eat my pot.

I have 2 phenos that are quite small, but look to be quick and are far and away the resin production queens...and are looking like they will finish between 50 and 60 days. Keep in mind that SaH is not growing Sour 60 as released...

I will give an honest reporting on the effects too when they are done...and I am feeling very confident in the medical capabilities of this strain.

I think the only legitimate criticism that can be given to Mdanzig and Sour 60 is that there is a lack of test grows out there.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I am also using new experimental lighting so there are many factors that all need to be looked at. My grow was more to see what the LED light can do not what Sour 60 can do and Sour 60 can't be finished in 60 days under this light. So like people did with Lowryder off don't write Sour 60 off because of this one grow under this light.

S_a_H: as far as I know, everything about this grow was "experimental" as you say. You were trying a new strain for the first time (Sour60), and LED's for the first time. As you noticed early on, there is a slight learning curve with LED's, although it doesn't take too long to catch on. Vice versa, I feel HID's have a much longer learning curve, but that's just my opinion.

What I don't like is you coming on here and telling people "Sour 60 can't be finished in 60 days under this light", when you have no reference yet as to what it does under a HPS or MH, and it's your first grow ever with LED's. In my opinion, it's a "trollish" statement as I don't see anything to back up it up, or examples to compare it to for reference. Also, since you've never grown this plant before, you don't know it's exact genetics, whether it actually finishes in 60 days under HID, or whether it's a high yielder or a fluffy budder. My ICE strain is always light, but extremely potent, while Maui is super dense with HUGE nugs and nowhere near as pleasant. Genetics make a big difference on yield, and we all know that.

Anyhow, I would hope that if you are going to do a HPS grow next, that you somehow incorporate it into being a side-by-side with the LED's, especially since some plants were chopped early. It would be far more beneficial for people to see the Side by side, vs watching 1 experimental grow happen with our lights and plants you've never grown before, and then a legit one under HPS... This is in no way meant to start an argument, it's simply my two cents. In my opinion, if the statement that this grow was "more to see what the LED light can do not what Sour 60 can do" were true, I don't think you would have pulled the Sour60 plants early... You would have showcased the light and what it could do to the end...

Well the main reason I pulled these is that I wanted to see what pulling them on a 60 day grow would give me thats the claim. They could have easily been pushed another week ten days depending on just what you want for a outcome.

S_a_H

Last edited:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It only matters under this light so that is all that matters. It is not saying the light cannot finish plants but growing the strain Sour 60 under 126w of LED light I do not think it is going to finish by day 60 for the most part some phenos finish earlier and later.

What these last people are saying is that Sour 60 isn't done in 60 days and it was pulled early before it was truly ready. Not that it was pulled days early.

I pulled the first batch ( 3 plants ) on day something like 55-56 and they were ready. I pulled this second batch ( 1 plant ) on day 59 because on day 60 I was busy one more day was not going to matter that much . I still have the last batch ( 3 plants ) that are still going and we are on day 65 and i'll check them tomorrow.

** Edit actually the tall pheno I said finished in 55-56 days was listed wrong they were started on November 22nd and not the 19th like the others so that makes them finished in 52-53 days. You should also note that this plant could have flowered longer. I wanted to pull this one to see how it smoked at around 60 days from seed.

S_a_H

Last edited:

Roortokeage

LED Girl Have any Good Shots or Comparisons? I have a 45 Watt Panel I have been using. And Love it. Id like to try more. Care to share?

LEDGirl

Veteran
LED Girl Have any Good Shots or Comparisons? I have a 45 Watt Panel I have been using. And Love it. Id like to try more. Care to share?

Photo0355.jpg

Photo0357.jpg

Nicoli

Veteran
Not yet, but I will be soon...but I primarily eat my pot.

I have 2 phenos that are quite small, but look to be quick and are far and away the resin production queens...and are looking like they will finish between 50 and 60 days. Keep in mind that SaH is not growing Sour 60 as released...

I will give an honest reporting on the effects too when they are done...and I am feeling very confident in the medical capabilities of this strain.

I think the only legitimate criticism that can be given to Mdanzig and Sour 60 is that there is a lack of test grows out there.

Please do report back! Thanks!

LEDGirl

Veteran
Yeah But look how many panels U got in there. We are talking about 1 panel vs 1 light

It's 50W per square foot no matter which way you look at it. The light from each panel has a very narrow path that it follows, and if you want to see what I'm talking about, check out the "504W" grow in our forums for a VERY good example that there is VERY little cross from one to another. S_a_H ran 50W per square foot, so you asked for a comparison shot and I gave you one at 50W per square foot... There were also 16 plants at one point in the room under 12 panels...

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think there was a little misunderstanding here. SaH knows that he pulled that plant early. He wanted to see how it smokes at 60 days from seed. It takes a plant at least 2 weeks to reach flowering maturity so that plant could have gone longer, and he understands that.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is one of the smaller bushy pheno's that went 66 days from seed.

S_a_H

Breeder description:

https://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=97&products_id=2177

This baby is built fro speed, and will finish in 60 days from seed. totally bypassing the vegetative state, and going immediately into flowering within the first 21 days, hence "Sour 60".
So after 7 years of intensive breeding, exclusively with auto-flowering strains, I believe I have a plant that can stand up to the big boys,
and more than satisfy a connoisseurs taste buds as well. I was always very fond of BOG's "Sour Bubble",
and I basically couldnt help myself from trying to make an auto hybrid using a wonderful "Sour Bubble" Purple male, combined with other top shelf strains.

Indoors, with a light regiment of 18/6, or 12/12, she will do fantastic, but excels under 24 hours of constant light.
She is perfect for vegetative rooms, or areas with short summers, as you can grow several harvests in one short season outdoors.

Auto-flowering plants might not be for everyone, but with constant improvements being made, they will surely hold their own in the cannabis community.

Attachments

• Number 1 (2) [1024x768].JPG
    Number 1 (2) [1024x768].JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Number 1 (3) [1024x768].JPG
    Number 1 (3) [1024x768].JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Number 1 [1024x768].jpg
    Number 1 [1024x768].jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 20

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A column pheno that is at 66 days today.

Both sides of the first node split into two ends with one of those splitting again into two ends.

S_a_H

Attachments

• Number 2 [1024x768].JPG
    Number 2 [1024x768].JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Number 2 (4) [1024x768].jpg
    Number 2 (4) [1024x768].jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Number 2 (3) [1024x768].JPG
    Number 2 (3) [1024x768].JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Number 2 (2) [1024x768].jpg
    Number 2 (2) [1024x768].jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 16

Roortokeage

SaH excellent PiX. Mate I will Deff Be getting My hands On some of these Seeds. This is an amazing strain. how is the smoke and taste?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SaH excellent PiX. Mate I will Deff Be getting My hands On some of these Seeds. This is an amazing strain. how is the smoke and taste?

It is sticky wicky and I am toasted now from it and you can feel that indica sour bubble in it.

At a week in jars its getting a fruity smell to it and all phenos seem to to have a hint of Blue Berry in them.

I don't have any past with smoking or growing ECSD and is what I think JD used in DieselRyder. So I cannot tell if any of that is showing through.

S_a_H

Roortokeage

It is sticky wicky and I am toasted now from it and you can feel that indica sour bubble in it.

At a week in jars its getting a fruity smell to it and all phenos seem to to have a hint of Blue Berry in them.

I don't have any past with smoking or growing ECSD and is what I think JD used in DieselRyder. So I cannot tell if any of that is showing through.

S_a_H

Thank you very much. I will be getting my hands On a stash of these. I would like to test them out. As I am In love with Autos because I dont like to Vegg Out. HAHA:dunno:

I See that these get a decent hieght too. So far 3 grows with Autos and I havnt hit a Foot yet. 10 Inches the max. Plus these look to fill In very well too. Also seem to work Great Under the LED Status. :witch:

So thanks again for showing the thread,. I guess I will have to learn how to make ICC's Tea. Or do you think we can do just as good with Other nutes and mixes? :huggg:

I guess I will have to learn how to make ICC's Tea. Or do you think we can do just as good with Other nutes and mixes? :huggg:
We will find out very soon, it seems there are many people s60 starting grows.

FAN-FUKING-TASTIC! they look so very tasty. Its pretty exciting to see this grow coming to an end. you had me at sour. :dunno:

Thx alot for the show SaH its been good

If its a stong Auto, and looks as good as it does, I dont give a fuck that its named sour 60 and finish in 70.

krazycure

It's all personal preference. The vast majority of AF's are smokeable at 60 days. But the difference between 60, 65, and 70 is considerable. I'm sure sour60 is FACE-TIME at all lengths.

Latest posts

Latest posts