What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

I Care

I’m from Florida man, my IQ is very low. It’s definitely the heat. Look at the dog in my picture, that is what Florida is like. You have to use so much energy to breathe you can’t keep your eayes open and your
tongue starts to hang out then imagine someone asking you questions and this is all you really can do at the moment is squint with your tongue out.

I Care

@I Care I feel your pain I went thru this last spring :( almost ran outside at the

first sign of spring I was dyeing with my LEDs going from 5500 watts of HIDs

to 1900 watts of LEDs

wanted to sell them for .50 cents a watt to get them gone, after starting back up this spring

I took the time and did some reading about LEDs

I was running my room too cold 78F with HIDs is great with LEDs no good the leaves were too cold

I was using them like they were Florescence lights and they are not

after getting room temp up to 82 - 83 f an after getting a good light meter for LEDs ,getting my

PPFD dialed in

things got better :) now I am flowering 14 Autos so I will see first time flowering under LEDs

all the best and grow well

Dequilo
@Dequilo I was too busy clowning, I forgot to acknowledge this info.
I would like to get a ppfd meter, I think it’s going to be like my moisture meter until a later time. Just touch and feeling for now

Attachments

• IMG_1660.jpeg
    IMG_1660.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

Bro.

No need to talk and bring science into what normal eyes can see and prove alone

LED Flower:
View attachment 18737720

HPS Flower:
View attachment 18737721

View attachment 18737722

I guess a lot of people just like to smoke trichome stalkes.. oh well.

Hi
If these are photos of the same clone, you're just showing us that its capitate trichome phenotype isn't stable and that it can vary in expression depending on its environment due to changes in epigenetic expression. This kind of difference is cultivar-dependent; I've found quite a few plants for which the resin phenotype doesn't change significantly and remains stable in different growing conditions, including led. Here's a key lime pie x dos si dos S1 with a very short and large trichome stem under led, One the best plant I've come across for extracting trichome heads.

+++
1715691787988.jpeg
1715691814183.jpeg
1715691850275.jpeg
1715691505562.jpeg
The trichome stems are so trapped and the necks of the nipples so brittle, that when matured, you cut it, shake it gently for 1 minute, and you end up with a carpet of trichome heads without any stems, which I call wpfs (whole fresh plant shaken), it should be done above a drysift frame at close to 0 degrees to remove the final impurities without that it sticks:
1715693303645.jpeg
1715693342515.jpeg
1715693492857.jpeg
1715693516641.jpeg
1715693527358.jpeg
1715693553024.jpeg

Last edited:

Bro.

1715693825792.png

On the other hand, if you look at the tropicanna cookie x larry og, you can clearly see longer and thinner trichome stems (and lower density) which are not practical for making hash because they break and become debris to be separated from the heads later :
1715694301124.jpeg
1715694405994.jpeg
1715694416468.jpeg
1715694459386.jpeg

The klpxdsd in comparison:
1715694878447.jpeg
1715694889575.jpeg

Attachments

• 1715694587837.jpeg
    1715694587837.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

CharlesU Farley

@I Care

I was running my room too cold 78F with HIDs is great with LEDs no good the leaves were too cold

As Fonzie would say, correctamundo!!!! :)

The initial transition is usually problematic but once you figure out the changes in temps / humidity, LED lighting is simply revolutionary.

1000012363.jpg

I always run at 100% and depending on the stage of growth and what I'm trying to accomplish, the light can be anywhere from 3 ft to 3 in away from the canopy.

shiva82

A smart person can use clothes and shelter to stay out of the sun.

Iq measures something real. There is no bigger indicator of success than Iq score. A minority in America from a broken home with a 130 Iq, will do better than a white guy at 100.
how do you measure success? what is success? surely that is subjective.... a professional footballer with an i.q below average for example, can earn in one week what it takes other people of higher i.q ten years to achieve .

contentment is success

thandee

@I Care I feel your pain I went thru this last spring :( almost ran outside at the

first sign of spring I was dyeing with my LEDs going from 5500 watts of HIDs

to 1900 watts of LEDs

wanted to sell them for .50 cents a watt to get them gone, after starting back up this spring

after getting room temp up to 82 - 83 f an after getting a good light meter for LEDs ,getting my

PPFD dialed in

things got better :) now I am flowering 14 Autos so I will see first time flowering under LEDs

all the best and grow well

Dequilo
Hi friend there...
Don't let the ppfd go over 800 for autos...
Even with 400 ppfd ,a TEST autoflowering blue dream from fast buds,gives me unexpected results in a good way...
Some people go only 600ppfd for flowering autos....
The MAX i think for autos in flowering can't go over 800ppfd!!!
Enjoy the flowering of them and have a good harvest...but really i will never grow personally autoflowers again indoors!!!
Pure waste of money and energy that don't deserve....20 hours light,small plants,low yield in organic growing and the quality does not match the photoperiod plants....
Autos only outdoor in the free sun and small,tiny indoors grows!!!
Have a nice day!!!

thandee

Put a
@Dequilo I was too busy clowning, I forgot to acknowledge this info.
I would like to get a ppfd meter, I think it’s going to be like my moisture meter until a later time. Just touch and feeling for now
Put a Ppfd meter on your smartphone with an app ,its easy!!!
Photon...if this app is available on your region!!!

Last edited:

thandee

View attachment 19002518
On the other hand, if you look at the tropicanna cookie x larry og, you can clearly see longer and thinner trichome stems (and lower density) which are not practical for making hash because they break and become debris to be separated from the heads later : View attachment 19002521 View attachment 19002522 View attachment 19002523 View attachment 19002524

The klpxdsd in comparison: View attachment 19002530 View attachment 19002531
And in the start of the thread a person said repeatedly that buds under LEDs don't make heads on the trichomes...
And led buds don't gets you high...
This is 100% a myth... from personal experience!!!
I made an experiment with a single led bulb with only 200ppfd on 1 photoperiod plant and the buds gets you fully high even they are not rip enough with only 200ppfd...

Last edited: