What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

Jutachi

Here's a bunch of different buds grown under LEDs. All came out pretty fire, great smoke and full of terps. Different strains too. I've grown bud that's dense and bud that's more fluffy under the same lights. I feel it comes down to giving your plants what they need and keeping them happy and in return they'll make you happy , obviously genetics as well. Same with people talking about their plants' stalks/branches turning purple etc. Ive had runs where my plants were straight vibrant green on the stems no purple all the way down. And usually when I see purple stems under LED it's indicative of a problem to me that I need to solve. Usually it comes down to making sure the nutrient feed is balanced and they're fed well and environment is in check. Currently running some sour under LEDs and man they're looking fat and smelling ridiculous.

Strains in pics are baby yoda, sherb cake, white truffle and biscotti

Attachments

• 20221119_144414.jpg
    20221119_144414.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240118_005013.jpg
    20240118_005013.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240118_005218.jpg
    20240118_005218.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20240129_192638.jpg
    20240129_192638.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230810_143849.jpg
    20230810_143849.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230810_143541.jpg
    20230810_143541.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230730_134812.jpg
    20230730_134812.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230416_154429.jpg
    20230416_154429.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221101_022325.jpg
    20221101_022325.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54

Thegreengrower64

Here's a bunch of different buds grown under LEDs. All came out pretty fire, great smoke and full of terps. Different strains too. I've grown bud that's dense and bud that's more fluffy under the same lights. I feel it comes down to giving your plants what they need and keeping them happy and in return they'll make you happy , obviously genetics as well. Same with people talking about their plants' stalks/branches turning purple etc. Ive had runs where my plants were straight vibrant green on the stems no purple all the way down. And usually when I see purple stems under LED it's indicative of a problem to me that I need to solve. Usually it comes down to making sure the nutrient feed is balanced and they're fed well and environment is in check. Currently running some sour under LEDs and man they're looking fat and smelling ridiculous.

Strains in pics are baby yoda, sherb cake, white truffle and biscotti
Growing here in the UK, whenever I encounter purple stems it's invariably down to the cold weather we have here. ( using leds too).

Read up on wave/particle duality. If you’re really brave check out the wave function.

Particles don't exist. Electrons are like RPMs, a timing light attempting to quantify/approximate the wave. Σ to the 𝚿.

"Particle": Pulse of high frequency zero amplitude square wave modulating a low frequency high amplitude. Created by the harmonics of the Sine wave they detect.

Wave: The lowest frequency of the highest amplitude defines the fundamental creative force, from which all other waveforms are created through His harmonics.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
DSCN1144.JPG

DSCN1145.JPG

:respect: With love. I've been watching for a long time. (2005) Under a different handle, I haven't always been a fan of your grows, mainly because of the overly dark green that your plants have shown. The genetics speak of dedication and an effort to share your phenomenal work. I know you have repeatedly stated that you don't bother with different feeds and stick with your preferred nuits for all your plants, regardless. In my opinion, you are a bit heavy in N. More power to you. What works for you is what works for you.

But these last few months of pictures have shown you dialed in your feeds (IMO), and the plants you posted look spectacular. I'm jealous of the growth and the plants. Your efforts on ICmag over the years have been about sharing your knmowledge...K+

peace joe

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

One of the most common traits we like are plants with a high calyx to leaf ratio. Sativa plants are well known for their yield capabilities. Also, a trait we want. Haze is a Hybrid listed as 80%sat/20%i. Haze was developed in Cali.
I've read more about Hz recently, from Nevil's side only, than you would ever believe, for someone who just doesn't have a passion for the varietal. :)

He didn't have a passion about Hz, I'd classified as an _obsession_... something I totally and completely understand. :cool:

He also thought the pairing of NL and whatever version of Hz he was working, was _the_ single best combination of cannabis he ever created.

It almost made me want to start experimenting, but I've got my hands full and enough work to do as it is.;)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DSCN1144.JPG

DSCN1145.JPG

:respect: With love. I've been watching for a long time. (2005) Under a different handle, I haven't always been a fan of your grows, mainly because of the overly dark green that your plants have shown. The genetics speak of dedication and an effort to share your phenomenal work. I know you have repeatedly stated that you don't bother with different feeds and stick with your preferred nuits for all your plants, regardless. In my opinion, you are a bit heavy in N. More power to you. What works for you is what works for you.

But these last few months of pictures have shown you dialed in your feeds (IMO), and the plants you posted look spectacular. I'm jealous of the growth and the plants. Your efforts on ICmag over the years have been about sharing your knmowledge...K+

peace joe

IMO people don't use the right amount of N. All get the same feed no extra anything is used or added. My plants take up what they want. N uptake is mainly from the higher PH I use. Some plants uptake more than others. It's never an issue and easily corrected with RO feedings. The haze hybrids get exactly the same. The only thing that changes is the PH do to the loss of buffering. Pics can look darker/lighter than they are since all my pics are taken when lights are off.. Including the pics above.

Peace
HHG

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Light does this trick because of space time manipulations due to motion.
You say tomato I say tomato. Same thing.

Time dilation is the effect of space-time manipulation. However, photons don't experience time.

To wit, the correlation between time and lightspeed is constant no matter the frame of reference.

What I was talking about was called the ultraviolet catastrophe.
I missed the reference, sorry.

Spooky action at a distance has to do with the instantaneous actions of particles that are entangled with each other. This instant action at a distance breaks the light speed limit imposed by Einstein. He didn’t buy it.
If we are talking about the speed of information (ie; communication between Particle A on one side of the universe and Particle B on the other) then that would break the speed of light.

However, if there were a physical link between the two particles (assuming nothing distorts that link – like a piece of string that doesn't stretch) – then the action/reaction would be instant, no matter the distance.

That's as far as I get. I'm in no position to question Einstein's thinking one way or another.

All I would add is, if the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, then whatever it is expanding into does travel faster than light (or at least causes spacetime to travel faster than light – which is a bit of an oxymoron!).

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Actually speed of light is only constant in vacuum, but its speed depends on which media its travelling in. Iys actually slower in water, and you can actually beat the speed of "slower light", this is part of why radioactive stuff can give a weird kind of light sheen, but you cannot beat light speed in vacuum.
My understanding is the speed of an individual photon is constant.

Photons "slow" through different media either because they are absorbed and re-emitted by the atoms in that media – which means, technically, they are no long the "same" photons and a small amount of time transpires for one photon to be absorbed and another to be emitted – or their path diverges to go around or in-between the atoms, which lengthens their path (and by default slows their transit through the media).

I think that's why Einstein said light is constant in a vacuum (which is almost devoid of atoms) to keep it simple – but I could be wrong.

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Back to the buds . . . At around Week 3-4 of flower, I started noticing something with my latest grow that I let go to use as an example.

This is a bit of a pheno hunt of a new strain I have (Kosher Pie in this thread). You can see see a lot of variation and in the back left corner is a different strain (Glowstarz) that is quite sativa dominant. So the plants stretching at the back are Glowstarz on the left and Kosher Pie on the right.

Something interesting happened as they both stretched towards the light . . .

IMG_1487.jpg

The Kosher Pie started bleaching. You can also see some of the white tips in the background.
IMG_1504.jpg

But the Glowstarz did not. Not even the tallest branch closest to the light. (But you can see some leaf margin curling and twisting due to light stress.)
IMG_1503.jpg

PPFD was measured under each light using a proper PAR meter and was almost identical, at around 1000 PPFD. Indeed, the Glowstarz had a higher PPFD at just under 1100 for the calyxes closest the light.

This is a good example of how light bleaching is strain dependent. The only thing I can think of is that there is more mass – the calyxes are denser and tighter – at the top of the Kosher Pie than the Glowztars, which could possibly mean heat getting trapped.

The only other observation is the amount of anthocyanin produced by each plant in response to the higher light levels – the Kosher Pie has more than the Glowstarz.

I just thought this was interesting and pertinent to the conversation.

CharlesU Farley

Time dilation is the effect of space-time manipulation. However, photons don't experience time.

I am not a physicist, do not have advanced knowledge in the intricacies of the science of light but because of my experiences with LSD, I know the above two statements are entirely correct.
If we are talking about the speed of information (ie; communication between Particle A on one side of the universe and Particle B on the other) then that would break the speed of light.
Does a particle / photon have mass? In practical, real world existence (not theoretical) I still can't get my head around _anything_ being faster than the speed of light.

That's as far as I get. I'm in no position to question Einstein's thinking one way or another.
Every generation, has a scientist that is head and shoulders above everyone else. Einstein's is the generation before me, Hawking is probably it for my generation.

Wonder who's going to be next to step up and understand things that no one else seems to be able to?
All I would add is, if the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, then whatever it is expanding into does travel faster than light (or at least causes spacetime to travel faster than light – which is a bit of an oxymoron!).
These kind of discussions are full of paradox, that's for sure. o_O

I learn from you and you stimulate interesting discussion around the qualities of light and applying it to growing and developing cannabis.

Thanks for your participation here!

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Nuffing but love your work...
IMO people don't use the right amount of N. All get the same feed no extra anything is used or added. My plants take up what they want. N uptake is mainly from the higher PH I use. Some plants uptake more than others. It's never an issue and easily corrected with RO feedings. The haze hybrids get exactly the same. The only thing that changes is the PH do to the loss of buffering. Pics can look darker/lighter than they are since all my pics are taken when lights are off.. Including the pics above.

Peace
HHG

Ca++

if there were a physical link between the two particles (assuming nothing distorts that link – like a piece of string that doesn't stretch) – then the action/reaction would be instant, no matter the distance.
The push-rod is then moving instantaneously.

I might be on the wrong project here, but I don't think the idea is that anything moved from one place to another. It was like we turned the milk sour in one bottle, and all the other bottles went sour at the same time. We effected milk everywhere, by acting upon it at one point. As if milk were all one. That was where my mind settled upon the problem. That it was all one, but we can't see it in such a large frame, so look at it as small blocks/particles we feel comfortable with. With this wider view, it seems possible that changing the balance locally, causes a shift everywhere. Like, giving one part of it an extra ion, made the rest take on one, but from locally to themselves. On a weaker level, we can add an ion to a thing, and call the whole thing ionised. Yet it can't all be at once. It just all knows there is an extra ion floating about, so any part of it becomes happier to give one up. We effect just one atom, yet they all feel it.
Somewhere in there, I feel, is a change in attitude, without a change in state. Or a change in state, to remain homologous. But without spreading anything out from the point of interaction.
This fits what I have seen, and doesn't need matter moving faster than light. Though knowledge seems to of done so, if we look at things through our little particle glasses. Instead of the big screen.

It's all just talk, but we do have that observation, and would like a story that doesn't break the rules.