What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

Ca++

One thing is I am not sure I am mixing the jacks right but this is what the package says:
3.78g/gal Part A
2.57g/gal CalNit
.99 g/gal Epsom Salt
I mixed all 3 into separate 1 gallons at x100 (378g, 257g, 99g) I have been adding equal parts of all 3 of these concentrated solutions.
It's not 321
the 3 is up 5%
the 2 is up 7%
the 1 is down 17%

Lots of people use less epsom, but if Mg's deficient in your plants...

Lets see the pics, and go from there :)

Ca++

It's not 321
the 3 is up 5%
the 2 is up 7%
the 1 is down 17%
Typically people lalk 3.6 2.4 1.2
Lots of people use less epsom, but if Mg's deficient in your plants...
Lets see the pics, and go from there :)
I wondered why I couldn't format my edit right... it's a quote. Doh.

Charles Dankens

Mine is like lavander fuel sweet(without purple tones of lavander if this make sense to u

Hanging about 5 days. Really nice bubble gum scent.

12-2-BG.gif

Rocket Soul

first, thank you all for the kind words. rather than answer individually i'll just describe the conditions.

there are 72 bulb positions on this light. during veg and up to the end of week 3 of flower i ran them all using 5000k light. that is 1008 watts using 14-watt bulbs. there were two lights in the room so i used 2 six-hour periods in veg. one on and one off all the time. maintained about 1200 umols ppfd for a DLI of approximately 50-52 moles per day. using one light on and one off also kept the temperature and rh more consistent

at the end of the third week of flower i switched to 66 14-watt 2700k bulbs and 6 25-watt tungsten incandescent appliance bulbs. 924 watts led and 150 watts incandescent for a total of 1074 watts.

also, i maintained about 1200 umols ppfd for a single 12-hour period for a DLI of 50-52 per day.

i used jack's 3-2-1 ratio but at different overall strengths. all input, no solution was removed from the system during the entire grow. the first two weeks i used the 3.6-2.4-1.2 grams per gal dose.

the rest of veg up through the end of week 3 of flower, the stretch period, i used 3-2-1 grams per gallon.

the rest of the flowering period i used 2.4-1.6-.08 grams per gallon. the last 10 days ph adjusted water only.

ph was maintained at between 6.0 and 6.5 using 85% phosphoric acid.

lights on temps typically 80-84f and lights off in flower 72-75f.

no co2 was supplemented here but my co2 monitor says that i got over 400 ppm throughout the grow.

i got 6978 grams of untrimmed wet flowers from 2 plants. I like measuring the wet weight anyway so i can monitor the dry down more accurately.

these were grown in a recirculating, closed-loop, soilless system known as the PPK using 6 gals of #2 perlite as the main body of the medium amended with 3 lbs worm castings and one 18 oz solo cup full of diatomaceous earth.

in the nutrient solution, with each 30 gal load mixed, i used 30ml of mr fulvic 1ml per gallon, and a heaping teaspoon of maxicrop kelp powder per 30 gals.

i think i learned more about bulb spacing during this grow. the spacing i used here is not ideal and used an unnecessary amount of electric energy.

i'm about to move and will design more efficient arrays when i build my grow area.

that's all, folks!
Hey Grey fader, how goes :)

Any news on dry weight of your grow?

greyfader

Hey Grey fader, how goes :)

Any news on dry weight of your grow?
don't have the final exact numbers yet but it has been dried down to 30% of the original wet weight and is in the burping curing stage right now.

i don't dry on the stems, and there are no fan leaves, and there is very little trimming to be done, and it's a little over 4.7 lbs. i imagine that i will get 4 plus a little lbs of finished flower out of it.

it all looks like this. i didn't produce any larf. very little trimming. blow this pic up to get an idea of trich coverage. smells outrageously nice curing! like chocolate coffee.

adding that this is from 2 plants.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Rocket Soul

don't have the final exact numbers yet but it has been dried down to 30% of the original wet weight and is in the burping curing stage right now.

i don't dry on the stems, and there are no fan leaves, and there is very little trimming to be done, and it's a little over 4.7 lbs. i imagine that i will get 4 plus a little lbs of finished flower out of it.

it all looks like this. i didn't produce any larf. very little trimming. blow this pic up to get an idea of trich coverage. smells outrageously nice curing! like chocolate coffee.

adding that this is from 2 plants.
Looks fantastic! I might look into some incandescent or halogen spots, or at least a little section. So many plans so little amps on our installation...

Latest posts

Latest posts