What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

Charles Dankens

humic acid has been shown to lower thc content.

Are you basing this statement on that single paper that was posted a few pages back?

I ran that paper and it's conclusion about negative effects of humic acid by a couple soil scientists and they immediately observed that the dosage used in the experiment was extreme and would produce negative effects.

Is there other research that connects humates with negative outcomes?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
IMG_20231103_203827520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231103_204115931~2.jpg

old school sun grown Do-si-dos smell like alchocol and berry grapes.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
IMG_20231103_182612_edit_1344899292845822.jpg IMG_20231103_182822_edit_1344886028047908.jpg
A lot depends on LED quality. :p and your flash settings
Got this off a fallen plant (Rest In Pipe departed too young due to unforseen circumstances), but lucky me, I got a decent smoke in my hands.
Grown under LED 150 W over 3 months

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
View attachment 18914198 View attachment 18914199
A lot depends on LED quality. :p and your flash settings
Got this off a fallen plant (Rest In Pipe departed too young due to unforseen circumstances), but lucky me, I got a decent smoke in my hands.
Grown under LED 150 W over 3 months
Yep u are right didnt consider phone/camera cam quality and flash settings.
In fact its stupid to judge buds by screen pictures.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep u are right didnt consider phone/camera cam quality and flash settings.
In fact its stupid to judge buds by screen pictures.
Couldnt agree more, i can take close up flash photos and everything is shiny like broken glass. Zoomed out to show structure like i did with you quickly from my shitty old phone doesnt give it the credit it deserves. This goes for anyones product.

For example…..
IMG_4241.jpeg
IMG_4243.jpeg
IMG_4244.jpeg
IMG_4245.jpeg
IMG_4242.jpeg
IMG_4246.jpeg

All at different stages of growth at different ripeness levels. A zoomed out shot of a dry nug doesnt show the same things.

greyfader

Are you basing this statement on that single paper that was posted a few pages back?

I ran that paper and it's conclusion about negative effects of humic acid by a couple soil scientists and they immediately observed that the dosage used in the experiment was extreme and would produce negative effects.

Is there other research that connects humates with negative outcomes?
nope, that's the only one. i've been looking too. google scholar doesn't show any more cannabis-specific results.

i've been wondering about the dose used in that paper myself.

Ca++

Looking at pics, I like to ignore the reflected light, and look at the spacing, colour and size of things. Then with knowledge of the strain, you can see if it meets your expectations. This one looks nice, but is actually a fail.
GSC.jpg

The colour and frosting of a top bud, but not the body. There should of been something better to be taking pics of. Plus, where are the heads? it's all stalk. This plant failed to grow in the latter half of bloom. However, under the right light, it would look great

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking at pics, I like to ignore the reflected light, and look at the spacing, colour and size of things. Then with knowledge of the strain, you can see if it meets your expectations. This one looks nice, but is actually a fail. View attachment 18914333
The colour and frosting of a top bud, but not the body. There should of been something better to be taking pics of. Plus, where are the heads? it's all stalk. This plant failed to grow in the latter half of bloom. However, under the right light, it would look great
Someone with true experience and perspective, thank you

HalfArsedFarmer

Looking at pics, I like to ignore the reflected light, and look at the spacing, colour and size of things. Then with knowledge of the strain, you can see if it meets your expectations. This one looks nice, but is actually a fail. View attachment 18914333
Or it may have been tumbled... Any one who's been the Dam enough would have purchased tumbled weed a few times...

greyfader

please... Fiberoptic arrays... Sorry, bad joke, it was in the spirit of this thread contesting everyone's opinion. (though, now that I think about it, it might take less energy than LED)
not so far-fetched. the biggest problem with greenhouses is climate control. you can get all the sunlight you need but will have trouble maintaining the right temperature and humidity.

i can visualize an insulated building with fiber optics bringing in focused sunlight. so far, the cost is prohibitive.

maybe someday!

i have thought about building a "direct drive" led array using solar panels. since leds are DC current it seems to me that maybe a large battery array with solar panels might work.

it's probably not economically feasible right now or someone would be doing it.

Rocket Soul

not so far-fetched. the biggest problem with greenhouses is climate control. you can get all the sunlight you need but will have trouble maintaining the right temperature and humidity.

i can visualize an insulated building with fiber optics bringing in focused sunlight. so far, the cost is prohibitive.

maybe someday!

i have thought about building a "direct drive" led array using solar panels. since leds are DC current it seems to me that maybe a large battery array with solar panels might work.

Its not as unfeasible as you think. A huge part of the investme t in a solar system is batteries and converting the current to ac, to feed it back to the power net, along with all sorts of fees, certificate and stuff to the installer. If all you want is more amps during sunlight hours then you can lose most of the costly stuff. The panels are not expensive anymore.

JKD

Veteran

maybe someday!

Latest posts

Latest posts