What's new

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

Rastafarout

Premium user
It needed a drink of water yesterday already brother ! You just seen how dry it is water from the bottom as explained… you don’t need the light on to water go with just your phone screen light
If you think you are going to overwater it next time you can just tip the excess water out the orange bucket …

Ps that’s why it’s hungry it’s not getting nutrition at the tap roots .. cos it’s not getting there it’s bone dry !
Needs water at the bottom asap

Nextgeneration73

It needed a drink of water yesterday already brother ! You just seen how dry it is water from the bottom as explained… you don’t need the light on to water go with just your phone screen light
If you think you are going to overwater it next time you can just tip the excess water out the orange bucket …

Ps that’s why it’s hungry it’s not getting nutrition at the tap roots .. cos it’s not getting there it’s bone dry !
Needs water at the bottom asap
Alright so I went there, turned on a not bright at all light in the room this orange dimmed one and sprayed and sprayed and sprayed the soil around the bucket and on top, added some more but not too much Monster Bloom sprayed some and added more water in the bottle for the next day , I hope that was the right thing to do... I haven't sprayed it that much water in many days... Weeks ago I remember how I would just dump it all in... I'm still trying to be careful since the bucket has no drainage holes and even if I cut out any, they would soak up the closet ground that the bucket is laying on... I'll have to check though from time to time that's it's not too wet...

Last edited:

Rastafarout

Premium user
How much water did you spray … spraying won’t really be enough ….this is an plant emergency situation …
Once it goes past that point of no return and it may have already it’s going to be stunted no matter what you do

You’ve done an excellent job for a first grow either way..

Tangwena

Veteran
You don’t need to cut holes in the orange bucket .. just tip extra water out .. if more forms you tip it out again
But right now it needs a soaking
Excellent advice start tipping the water in until it runs out the bottom then tip out the access.
My God if that plant survives your care it deserves to live.
Throw that spray bottle out.
Water until the water runs out every 3 days and it should recover and hopefully live.
I forgot some people have no idea how to grow plants and even the most basic things to us are not so evident to non growers.
It should recover and go mad in flower after thinking it was going to die.

FeelHaze

You should go on the web and read about wet/dry watering cycles for cannabis. Your watering techniques are not good for your plant. You are NOT supposed to "spray" water on the top of the soil and you are NOT supposed to water every day.

What you need to do is to give PLENTY of water to your plant until there is a SLIGHT RUNOFF of water comming at the bottom of the pot. Then you wait a couple days (I water every 3 days during flowering) util the soil dries out (pot should feel really light and top 1-2 inches at the top of the soil should be bone dry). Then you start the cycle over.

Also, you probably have NITROGEN DEFICIENCY. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient. When the plant lack N, it first pulls out the nutrients from the bottom leaves in order to survive. Yellowing is going to progress to the top of the plant as the deficiency progress. If you don't act, its going to be fast.

Its important to know that by OVERWATERING, you cause DAMAGE AND PH PROBLEMS AT THE ROOTS. Plant with problems at the roots can show sign of deficiency because it is UNABLE TO ABSORB NUTRIENTS AT THE ROOTS.

Solution :
1- Feed the plants quality nutrients.
2- Work on your watering techniques.

Good luck !

FeelHaze

You can also repot in a WAY BIGGER pot with rich organic new soil so your plant can feed from it.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 57 almost (week of flowering I don't know yet maybe 3-5 somewhere?) Hoping that it'll live here are different angles, I also brought the lights up, it's not tied down as hard to the pole but only some degree let me know what you guys think
IMG_20240402_145554.jpg
IMG_20240402_145526.jpg
IMG_20240402_145444.jpg
IMG_20240402_145438.jpg
IMG_20240402_145429.jpg
IMG_20240402_145422.jpg

To anyone out there going through this thread please look at all of the pictures first before deciding what diagnosis/symptoms it has because I'm getting hella confused with so many differing opinions, divided opinions would me more correct... This time I actually watered it (not sprayed but watered) When I turned the lights back on earlier today the lower leaves seemed a lot worse, but since then I haven't noticed any "worsening' so to speak whatsoever... It almost looks better than the morning idk actually... Right now today our weather, or our air outside is finally fresh and clean, we have almost blue skies with normal looking clouds and this no toxic pollution coming from the city.... The river water is also very clear and normal.... There's a lot of wind, however ever since I put this coconut air refresher in the room which was yesterday night during our discussions here on this thread, the buds actually stopped smelling and I'm worried... It's a windy day but at times I can still smell that air refresherner which by the way I took out of the room I think either last night or this morning (I don't recall when) I had to lock it up somewhere because this air refresherner hanging thingy was way too strong....

Rastafarout

Premium user
Bro you need to describe more accurately next time aswell , if going by pictures like I did 🙄, then it looks like it’s overwatered and wet …
But anyway I should have asked !

Problem number one is you are worrying the feck out yourself for nada , chill a bit let it grow ,
Plants don’t respond instantly so just go with the flow now …

Number two , water till wet through , did you even do this or still spraying

Nextgeneration73

Bro you need to describe more accurately next time aswell , if going by pictures like I did 🙄, then it looks like it’s overwatered and wet …
But anyway I should have asked !

Problem number one is you are worrying the feck out yourself for nada , chill a bit let it grow ,
Plants don’t respond instantly so just go with the flow now …

Number two , water till wet through , did you even do this or still spraying
Today was the first time in weeks that I actually watered and not sprayed... The soil dries out luckily from everywhere especially below the pot so I guess it's drinking very fast 😳😲 Wow Apparently it needed watering... And fresher air, the air is finally clean today....

Last edited:

martian313

Hey NG73 - the plants looks very much like its done stretching and has some nice flowers forming - this can turn out to be a lovely grow still ! I dont see any serious nute problems here other than it looks a a bit N hungry and a few weeks too soon. When your flowers are lovely and fat and ripe, leaves yellowing like this is actually something to aim for as the plant uses all its nutes up. It will make for a better cure with less chlorophyll....also whether it was intentional or not, this is actually a great sativa or sativa dominant strategy, small pot during early flowering to control stretch, then pot up for plump electric spears :)

In this case, I'd simply let the plant dry out then repot into a bigger pot in the All mix. With the fabric pot you can just drop the whole pot into a bigger pot ( not a huge pot but at least an extra couple of litres ) this will give it some nutrients for the final blast of flowering, will help prevent the plant having very rapid wet /dry cycles and should enable you to avoid feeding with additional nutrients and supplements - I'd recommend keeping these organic as well. Watering is a quickly learned art - and easily done by gauging the weight of the pot by hand- you want it not quite completely dried out, just enough moisture left that it allows the soil to rapidly suck the water up and doesn't become hydrophobic - bottom feeding it should take 30 minutes max to drink what it needs. You can also wait for the lower leaves to just start wilting a little, then water from the bottom as an alternative technique. Once watered don't leave it stood in the water much longer than it needs to sate its thirst .

Overall - good first effort (nice strain as well ) and bags of potential still to get a good finished product.

Peace M313

Nextgeneration73

Hey NG73 - the plants looks very much like its done stretching and has some nice flowers forming - this can turn out to be a lovely grow still ! I dont see any serious nute problems here other than it looks a a bit N hungry and a few weeks too soon. When your flowers are lovely and fat and ripe, leaves yellowing like this is actually something to aim for as the plant uses all its nutes up. It will make for a better cure with less chlorophyll....also whether it was intentional or not, this is actually a great sativa or sativa dominant strategy, small pot during early flowering to control stretch, then pot up for plump electric spears :)

In this case, I'd simply let the plant dry out then repot into a bigger pot in the All mix. With the fabric pot you can just drop the whole pot into a bigger pot ( not a huge pot but at least an extra couple of litres ) this will give it some nutrients for the final blast of flowering, will help prevent the plant having very rapid wet /dry cycles and should enable you to avoid feeding with additional nutrients and supplements - I'd recommend keeping these organic as well. Watering is a quickly learned art - and easily done by gauging the weight of the pot by hand- you want it not quite completely dried out, just enough moisture left that it allows the soil to rapidly suck the water up and doesn't become hydrophobic - bottom feeding it should take 30 minutes max to drink what it needs. You can also wait for the lower leaves to just start wilting a little, then water from the bottom as an alternative technique. Once watered don't leave it stood in the water much longer than it needs to sate its thirst .

Overall - good first effort (nice strain as well ) and bags of potential still to get a good finished product.

Peace M313
I can't really find a bigger fabric pot, ordering right now is some sort of issue, it will be fixed eventually, I'm in a rather weird phase right now but it's a long story.... Do you suppose that just keeping it in this will do? By the way, what do you think about the hanging air refresherner that I put up for the night which apparently took away the smell from the bud... Honestly this air refresherner was extremely cheap but boy was it strong... Even when I placed it in another room and locked it up I could still smell it everywhere... It's one of those things you put in your car... But this was so strong... And honestly if one person every needed a cover up for their grow from smell leaking out this would be the right product indeed.. It covers up everything and smells like coconut... The second I put it in the room yesterday, the potent ganja smell was imidiatlety gone, like right away... Ever since then there is no concerning smell for me to worry about even though I took it out of there at one point... Hiding it in a cupboard still didn't stop it from smelling the place up 😂😆 But seriously though, I'm wondering what that means for the psychedelic psychoactive cannabinoids forming for taking in odors in the room, but rest assured for anyone that wants to hide even a large indoor garden, this is the best product... I guess I'll keep it in case the smell ever gets too alarming... Although this strain is extremely low odor... It always was, sometimes the room had a smell until I sprayed air refresherners and opened the windows, then it stopped and only when I put my nose on the final product/the buds sites would it smell... Are the terpenes okay from it, anyone know? Okay so I edited out the additional part of this comment explaining the reason why I cover up the smell with different things, I tried to be as discreet whilst writing my comment about it and still elaborate on what I wanted to say but it only made it sound stupid when I wrote it with such an intention...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Okay so the smell in the dark room is coming back... That actually gave me comfort... I want these buds to be as highly potent as possible even though I'm rushing for my travel, I still have another month though... If it gets too insane I could always put that air refresherner I was talking about earlier, the one I had to hide because it was too strong ... Some people told me that air refresherners don't work, I disagree, there are certainly ones that completely take away the smell even when you get close to it to smell the buds... Coffee also helps... So far the smell has never reached the outside of the room, whether the balcony where the window is opened or the other rooms...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Get ready for some wonderful aromas!
Should I water today with the spray bottle of water which has some Monster Bloom in it if the soil is somewhat dry/moist? I now added new soil so I can't really tell .. Yesterday I watered it with one bottle and a half or maybe almost two but it's basically the size of my hand?

Nextgeneration73

Should I water today with the spray bottle of water which has some Monster Bloom in it if the soil is somewhat dry/moist? I now added new soil so I can't really tell .. Yesterday I watered it with one bottle and a half or maybe almost two but it's basically the size of my hand?
I haven't yet watered today, but only got it ready just in case, I normally lift up the fabric pot and hold it in the air several or more times a day so that the lowest roots get air, or wait it's still a bit moist so maybe I should wait until tomorrow? Edit: I put in more soil, apperantly the upper soil in the fabric pot is still moist but on the inside and the bottom soil in the bucket is almost completely dry mainly on the bottom part where so many white healthy looking roots are hanging out as I added more soil beneath them but not too much and the soil around the fabric pot was only moist at certain points, like a moist wet but some of it is also dry, also a higher fan leaf now has a small yellow brown spot still being small though but the rest if it is pure normal green, the sugar leaves are all dark green and the higher fan leaves are a bit lighter green but perfect color and the lower fan leaves are the yellow drying out brown ones, so therefore I don't know: Do I water today maybe just another bottle of that spray bottle or do it tomorrow?

Last edited: