What's new

K.I.S.S. VAPORIZER

G

mica?

mica?

the heating element on this gun is "reinforced mica composite w/ ceramic disk"

I haven't found much information about mica, but what do you think? It has a steinel logo next to the picture. looks good for $59.

Mountain Bud

Prince Buster said:
VaporBros and VaporDoc are safe. The heating elements are ceramic encapsulated in glass I think.

I have heard of people using non-ceramic heating element guns to vaporize, and though they DO work, users report actually getting a "metallic" taste from their herb. Nasty!

:eek:

Vaporbros and Vapordoc use ceramic encapsulated heaters in their "GNES" model vaporizers, if they are not the "GNES" models then they don´t have the ceramic encapsulated heaters. We need to check this when buying this vaporizers.

Non-ceramic heating element heat guns should be avoided due to their metallic taste and their carcinogen ions emission.

I´ve been checking for vaps and heatguns lately, and everybody seems to find this heat guns useful:

-Steinel HG 3002 lcd *
-Steinel HL 2002 LE *
-Makita HG 1100 *
-Craftsman #27081 (renamed steinel hl 2002 le) *

-Steinel HL 2305 lcd
-Steinel HL 2005 E
-Bosch 1943
-Bosch 1947

First four heat guns are what we are looking for, second group´s heat guns can be used too as they have ceramic cores too.

Steinel HG 3002 lcd seems to be heat gun´s rolls royce ;), but all this heat guns can be used safely for vaping.

Hope it helps :wave:

G

Great idea for a simple vaporizer.... I'm going to build one myself soon, I'm curious though... Where do you get the test tubes?

Thanks!

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
what purpose do they serve...other than vaping herb....gotta have me a reason for the special request..

Sleepy

Veteran
sunnyside said:
what purpose do they serve...other than vaping herb....gotta have me a reason for the special request..

Variable Output Heat Gun Kit -Strip paint, loosen rusted hardware, pipe joints, and much more. Output adjusts from 140º- 1100º F (60º- 593ºC) in 10 infinitely variable settings with 5 temperature indicating LED's. 2 speed fan motor. Includes heat gun with temperature control thumbwheel, 4 accessory nozzle pieces, flat blade scraper and handle with 3 different profile scrapper heads, in a durable molded plastic case. Imported....also for vaporizin' da killa!! :joint:

(from a supplier's webpage)

-sleepy

G

Stupid vaporizer question

Stupid vaporizer question

I have never used a vaporizer before (as you can tell by my questions), but I am very interested in them. How do you know when all thc has been vaporized? Does it continue to produce vapor from the unwanted elements of the bud? Is there a specific temp that is best for producing the vapor w/o burning? I would hate to throw away what I perceived as "spent" material, when there was actually more buzz to be had. Also, does it make your bud go further? Would just like to know some of these things before I shell out the $$ for one. Thx - MG

Great thread!! thanks for giving it the bump

I love using those turkey oven bags on my Volcano :smile: I would like to have another roll like the one that came with it, but I can never find them in a roll at the store and I havent gottent around to ordering a few boxes yet.. put the large and turkey size work..

mastergrow said:
I have never used a vaporizer before (as you can tell by my questions), but I am very interested in them. How do you know when all thc has been vaporized? Does it continue to produce vapor from the unwanted elements of the bud? Is there a specific temp that is best for producing the vapor w/o burning? I would hate to throw away what I perceived as "spent" material, when there was actually more buzz to be had. Also, does it make your bud go further? Would just like to know some of these things before I shell out the $$ for one. Thx - MG

hey mastergrow. The bud turns very brown when it is spent.. the THC vapes at a much lower temp than the plant material, so you can run the same herb through time and time again without buring the plant material as long as you arent set to high.. but eventually there will be very little left, and the vape will be very thin in the bag.. one of those huge turkey oven bags burns out almost all of the good stuff in about a bowls worth.. most like 390-400 degrees.. I like it a little lower.. 390 is max for me.. it could make your bud go further or do the opposite.. it gets you higher, faster but it tastes SOOO good, and doesnt make you cough so you can keep vapeing and vaping and vaping...

G

Thanks for putting this DIY design up Prince Buster!

I made one just like yours, works perfectly...I like vaping way better too at the moment.

Making one for a friend today, EVERYBODY should have one of these!

G

Why would you screen the vape through the water?
Anybody read NORML's tests on smoking devices?
Water pipe seems to be a major myth in our culture.
Old habits will never die. :joint:

Really a great DIY.
I passed up a really nice digi. gun at the swapmeet for 25.00..
Have to scoop the next one up.

FYI--
Any of you in TERMITE country need to scavange bags from your termite company.
They use NYLON bags, called NYLO-FUME.
It's the bags you use to wrap your food when they tent.
Same material, but party size, I think 15 gallon. :yoinks:

how the hell do u sand a hole in the test tube
and where do u get test tubes from other than the net

oh ok i need a glass drill bit :bashhead:

Last edited:

Fat_Zach

how the hell do u sand a hole in the test tube

You can use a diamond dust coated bit (which you can usually find a set for around $10 US or less on the cheap side ) and a dremmel or one of its many cheaper competitors and go slowly using oil or just plain water to keep the bit or glass from getting hot and dont let the bit bounce around. this should do the trick. You could also use a belt sander with a very fine grit and a low speed and light pressure

and where do u get test tubes from other than the net

If you cant find a test tube you can always resort to buying glass stock from head shops or hobby stores in the appropriate diameter. snap off a section about 6 inches long. Using a blow tourch heat one end until it begins to melt and holding the glass horizontal slowly roll the tude until the glass starts to close off the end. allow this to cool slowly in an enviroment around 80 degrees until you can handle it then simply follow the steps above for making the hole. I do recomend using pyrex stock as it handles repeted heating and cooling better. This should be cheap for your average do-it-yourselfer although it is much more labor intensive and test tubes are verry cheap as they stand!!