What's new

JLo - Kentish Creme X Flo

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, it's looking like the JLo pollen worked fine - the plant I did last week seems to be swelling nicely, and the one I did a few days later is just withering now.

It's interesting how certain strains respond differently to fertilization, as the Appalachia I pollinated recently folder up in 12 hours - all pistils had withered and turned bright orange by the next day. Whereas the JLos (and Flos, for that matter), show a very slow withering over a few days, retaining the creamy-white color for much longer.

Anyway, assuming these are seeds forming, and not just empty calyxes (!), I'll get some interim photos taken in the next day or two. And it's good news for the future, as I have two sets of F2s to play with now, should I need them. Whichever one smokes the best and has the best combinations of traits will be the one that gets used, and the other will be backup if anything goes wrong.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good looking girls and thumbs up EMan on your F2s. Your threads are always filled with quality info and pix...DD

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks mate - it's been a long, slow process getting here, but real F2s are where it's at, and where the fun really begins. I know I can't run the numbers a seed company would, and therefore can't possibly sift through all the phenos that might result, but I do have reasonable selection skills for a good male, which is usually the more important of the two halves, I reckon. Plus I know what the Kentish Creme is like inside out, and so looking for females with similar traits shouldn't be too difficult...;)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Great looking plants and even better thread.
I would love to try that Kentish Cram ;)
Respect!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can vouch for the KC line,,,i smoked my first ever sample of KC yesterday,,,,an i keep craving another taste,,,im allready gutted that i finished the whole bag,,

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's the #3 pheno of JLo at around five weeks, and beginning to look and smell very exciting indeed. The resin coverage is very high, almost up with the original KC levels, and covers the leaf undersides too, just like her mother.

The smell is really special though, and is the perfect mix of Flo and the KC - lavender, liquorice, exotic fruit, earthy, hashy kush and more - it's just so complex it's ridiculous, and I'm so happy it's sat right in front of me as I type this! Also two buds are seeded, so the F2s are still on schedule, barring any silliness at the last minute...

The #4 pheno is also in there, at far right in the cabinet pic below - this one smells more like the KC, but other than that is more or less the same structurally, except it takes a week longer to flower. A larger bud on that is also seeded - I hope anyway, as I did it a week after the #3, so just beginning to show now.

But I only need F2s from one plant, and as they're both healthy and strong, I don't think it'll make that much difference down the line which one I use, but at the moment it's #3, as I can't get that smell out of my head...;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The two JLos are in their final stages - #3 I reckon will be nine weeks, #4 ten (in organic soil) - my friend didn't keep track of the time too much, so this is the first time I'll be able to gauge it for real. Both plants look to have a healthy crop of F2 seeds now, which is a relief.

#3 is the more strong-smelling pheno, with a very heavy fruit/floral scent - very much in the lavender/berry/bluebells department. #4 is more like the Kentish Creme - musky and strange, but sweeter and with a slightly more fruity edge. It also looks to yield higher than #3, but #5 is still waiting in the wings for a flower-slot, and I seem to remember (without looking it up) that it was the highest-yielder when my friend grew them.

Both have huge purple calyxes, and a very healthy coat of thick, sticky resin, so watch out for the harvest photos in the next fortnight or so, as they're going to be nice...;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Chop time for #3...

Chop time for #3...

Here's #3 harvested at last on Saturday at nine weeks exactly. Most trichomes are cloudy, just how I like 'em, and although the buds aren't hard, they're pretty firm. Probably the lowest yielder of the three I'm running, but easily the most fragrant - a complex mix of fruit, floral (bluebells/lavender) and liquorice/aniseed. Resin coverage is excellent. I got two buds of F2 seed, and they all look to be viable after five weeks maturation.

I'll be chopping #4 in a couple of days, and #5 will go into flower shortly.

NHMI

Great job man! I love crossing stuff. I created the Great White Monster Cubensis mushroom and now I want to get into crossing plants....I just seeded my snowrider with russian rocket fuel and (Royal Dayne x Baby breath freak) x (NY Diesel x White Widdow), (RD x BBF) x (RD x BBF), (rd x BBF) x white widdow, (RD x BBF) x NY diesel, and (NYD x WW) x NYD....so I have been following every thread on the subject I can....it just takes so long to stabilize everything since plants take so long to grow, but at least I have my projects for the next year or so...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the comments - the female parent of this is so special, it just had to be preserved - and expanded!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Respect my friend!
Those plants love you.
Keep those hands green, we need it!
Peace and Creation!

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i choped mine yday. no cam thou :(

When i got the seeds i thought it was the kc backcross , but as i had few males i was told it must be the Jlo, but a very jamaican leaning pheno. nodes are like 6 inch away fom eachother, buds are kinda blue, very resinous.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well the KC backcross was made with a V1 JLo male two years ago, and it was a 'normal' reproduction, so males from that cross are perfectly feasible, I would have thought? Either way, I'd love to know what she smells like. The pheno I chopepd yesterday is much more like the KC in aroma...

indifferent

Veteran
i choped mine yday. no cam thou :(

When i got the seeds i thought it was the kc backcross , but as i had few males i was told it must be the Jlo, but a very jamaican leaning pheno. nodes are like 6 inch away fom eachother, buds are kinda blue, very resinous.

I had some KC S1s, I grew out two plants from em. I thought i gave ya the remaining KC S1s, but as you had males, you must have had the KC BX1.

Your plant was very KC dominant, which is why I think it's the BX1 rather than a straight J-Lo. The structure, no branching, node spacing etc are all classic KC. However, the leaves are slightly different, lacking the forward-facing leaflets and deep underside veins. The colouration and very long pistils look to be from the Flo to my eyes, but Eman obviously knows way more about those than I do.

I have three more KCs from seed a day old, I think these are the remaining S1s I thought I'd given to you, although the bag said KC BX1. Looks to me like I mixed up the S1s and BX1s, sorry for that.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's pheno #4, chopped yesterday - an improvement generally on either parent, in terms of yield, though the KC has yielded high once, under extreme lighting. Just goes to show that Flo needn't pass on those traits to offspring - in fact, it usually produces higher-yielding offspring, in my experience.

This one smells much more like the KC though, but with a slightly more pronounced citrus edge.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
This latest JLo is superb - it seemed quite bland taste-wise at first, but it's really developing nicely now - choco-lime flavour region, with a nice nutty back end - definitely more flavour than the KC, but less berry than a regular Flo. The high is quite full-bodied, but not remotely sleepy - probably leaning more toward the KC than Flo, as it has a certain dreaminess to it. And the buds have dried rock-hard with a nice coating of frost. I'll get some shots of those up soon.

Overall, very promising, though I didn't get as many F2 seeds from this pheno - possibly a poor packet of pollen - I dunno. But there's enough, and I have plenty from the #3 plant, so the next generation is assured!

indifferent

Veteran
All good news. BTW, KC in coco fed molasses had a chocolate taste so I expect the choco part is from the KC.

Latest posts

Latest posts