What's new

Jack is Back...Jack Herer Sensi Seeds grow.

Piff_cat

Piff_cat I would like to hear your opinon on this trait. :D

Wow this is actually huge finding!! It looks just like the variegated mutation on Cuban black haze. This further convinces me it is a trait of haze female B. I think that Cuban black haze is haze b x nl1. And that Jack has female bc clone as parent. Variegated mutations are passed down thru female line at 25 percent but only 3 to 5 percent male line. If this is traceable haze b trait will be big for haze breed. I'll find pic

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Cannatorium, I had this type of leaf expression about 4 times in my life. Besides potency, the one thing that sticks out about the expression is the plants turned purple at the end of flowering./. 😎

Hi,Creeperpark......Thx for info...but I dont like purple Hazes/plants one that I liked was Deep Chunk....only 1 out of many...

But I hope for potency, :D

CannaT

Premium user
There was a photo of a Seedsman Jack Herer (Sensi f2?) posted a while ago that had the same leaf variegation but seems like it has since been removed. Anyway, must be in the genes, some kind of mutation in the ancestry.

If its femmed version than its more s1 of some pheno....or if its regular than maybe Shiva sk x O.Haze..... seedsmans called this strain Jack Herrer.

But I found this trait in Chems so chems are maybe NL x SK1 or Jack H x afghan....dont know....but seen this trait while growing Chem D genetics in past.

CannaT

Premium user
Wow this is actually huge finding!! It looks just like the variegated mutation on Cuban black haze. This further convinces me it is a trait of haze female B. I think that Cuban black haze is haze b x nl1. And that Jack has female bc clone as parent. Variegated mutations are passed down thru female line at 25 percent but only 3 to 5 percent male line. If this is traceable haze b trait will be big for haze breed. I'll find pic

Where this you find that Jack is BC Haze ?

Maybe NYC Hazes are found in Jack Herer seeds.....
it is very likely....or Sensi stock hazes....they sell seeds for more than 36 years....lots of good phenos must be found there. :good:

I really know this line and growed it many times....very good Haze phenos can be found there.....I like them but what I consider Jack is pheno A.....

Maybe that trait is NL5 or SK1 trait im not shure about it.....Found this trait in Chem D genetics.....

We need more infos....many heads are always smarter than one. :smoke out:

Piff_cat

its not written anywhere its just my personal theory. jacks terpene and cannabinoid profile is just too different from other c5 strains. i cant prove it but i believe it. as far as black cuban haze being haze b x nl1 im basing that on leaf morphology and guiaol percentage. guiaol is a oxygenated sequiterpene present in high numbers in old pre soviet afghans. cuban black haze has significantly higher guiaol then a5. its all just theory for now... but here is the black cuban haze pic. you can see its very similar and i have not seen this trait in other nevil haze male hybrids. which is why i think the parent was haze female. they made jack herer while nevil was locked up sand haze bc was def a clone around then. check out the pic

Attachments

• photo2119982.jpg
    photo2119982.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 104

GoatCheese

Veteran
I have a MNS G13HazeC which does that abit but not as much as some of your plants,CANNA, so variegated trait also is on some HazeC-male offspring.
My G13Hz keeper starts doing that more if it dries out too much but when things go smoothly it looks almost normal.

It’s leather/liver, nutty, menthol/minty/pine fruity-floral spicey hazey but the G13 makes it a bit more bland so it’s not super pungent but very nice still. Nice clear effect on the Haze side but the G13 makes it quite head stoney.

Here’s how she looks like. The variegated trait doesn’t show on these photos.

Good luck flowering your Jacks, CANNA!

fetch?photoid=17626323.jpg

fetch?photoid=17626324.jpg

CannaT

Premium user
its not written anywhere its just my personal theory. jacks terpene and cannabinoid profile is just too different from other c5 strains. i cant prove it but i believe it. as far as black cuban haze being haze b x nl1 im basing that on leaf morphology and guiaol percentage. guiaol is a oxygenated sequiterpene present in high numbers in old pre soviet afghans. cuban black haze has significantly higher guiaol then a5. its all just theory for now... but here is the black cuban haze pic. you can see its very similar and i have not seen this trait in other nevil haze male hybrids. which is why i think the parent was haze female. they made jack herer while nevil was locked up sand haze bc was def a clone around then. check out the pic

Yes jack have different terps comapred to MNS hazes.....but I dont believe to much for this Neviles hazes but isnt bc haze male commercial 10 week haze x shiva skunk.....it dosnt fit in description....
I would say that haze A iz used in Jack cuz some phenos are very similar to A5 clone.

CannaT

Premium user
I have a MNS G13HazeC which does that abit but not as much as some of your plants,CANNA, so variegated trait also is on some HazeC-male offspring.
My G13Hz keeper starts doing that more if it dries out too much but when things go smoothly it looks almost normal.

It’s leather/liver, nutty, menthol/minty/pine fruity-floral spicey hazey but the G13 makes it a bit more bland so it’s not super pungent but very nice still. Nice clear effect on the Haze side but the G13 makes it quite head stoney.

Here’s how she looks like. The variegated trait doesn’t show on these photos.

Good luck flowering your Jacks, CANNA!

Didnt saw this trait on this pictures,but thx for good wishes. :good:

Piff_cat

i honestly havent ever seen or smoked a haze b plant or seen a bc grow. since there are s few haze A f1s left jack could def have haze A as the parent since very few phenos of haze A are catalogued. but what i think is most important is identifying female haze progeny traits. nev said bc was the best combo, and dj9 like b the best. i have a hard time believing that this plant which was liked so much was not released in any of the breeding work. to me what is more likely is that sensi used a clone of nevs while he was in jail to create "jack." the silver haze has been thrown around as a possible parent because mr herer liked that cut. silver haze may or may not be silver pearl x haze. but to me nev naming his next strain super silver haze was a mission to one up sensi for using his breeder clone while he was away and the general shit show that followed his return after bail. sensi essentially stopped buying seeds from him so the money would dry up forcing him to sell for the bail money which was smart business but a scumbag move. if you look at sannies jack which is the best representation of the original genetics, you will find leaf and pistil traits not common to haze c progeny. the extreme limonene phenos are also different to super silver haze. no matter what the plants are,

i think that particular mutation is passed down the female line thru mitochondria. this is for sure happening 25 percent of time. bandaid haze uses cuban black haze as the female, and the vigor plus mutations tell me there is some distance between parents. no catpiss as nev showed would happen with too much haze c. it is possible to pass the mutation down through males but it is much less frequent. it could be that the good breeder clones nev selected were that small percentage and he was selecting that mutation without realizing it.

CannaT

Premium user
I have seen this variegation/mutation plenty in my A5 s1 seeds
Jack is also full of it....almost all sativish phenos have it.
First is most Haze dom pheno I call it ''Army Haze.''

They have both the same Haze in lineage... A5 and Jack

Attachments

• 20220415_195038 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_195038 - Copy.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220415_195050 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_195050 - Copy.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220415_195023 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_195023 - Copy.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220415_195017 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_195017 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
Day 1O. flo 11/13.

All phenos mixed up.....saw few that I really like at this stage....

Attachments

• 20220415_200500 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_200500 - Copy.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 20220415_200442 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_200442 - Copy.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 20220415_200437 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_200437 - Copy.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220415_200408 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_200408 - Copy.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220415_200413 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_200413 - Copy.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220415_200421 - Copy.jpg
    20220415_200421 - Copy.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 118

CannaT

Premium user
27 days in flower....I killed 2 Jack's In post above its on first picture neon green look like Indica....but this shit just start straching and in 25 day of flower had first white pistil....
So I concluded that male of Haze in Jack lineage was like this giant leafs plant that start like Indica....all this varigation traits probably come from mixing those neon green haze with Shiva SK.
Most Haze dom plants have neon green leafs or a lot of varigation trait if leafs are dark green.

As you can see plants are mostly Haze and Haze/skunk, 1 was growing like mad and I try to bent the top and break the top of plant at picture no 6.....strach on most plant is insane 8-10X..... from 15cm to 150cm
All plants show thin leaf...and Sativa strucutre........
Genetics are original and they are like thet from begining.....so parents plants are not changed in this lineage 100%.

I add 10% more of calcium nitrate and plants love it....thats the key of keeping sativas healthy.

I speed up flower time with them with high humidity and low temp at night (lights off)...18C,65% RH and light on 23C with humidty 35%....lights 11on/13off,

Attachments

• 20220429_210209 - Copy.jpg
    20220429_210209 - Copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
  • 20220429_210235 - Copy.jpg
    20220429_210235 - Copy.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 20220429_210239 - Copy.jpg
    20220429_210239 - Copy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 20220429_210224 - Copy.jpg
    20220429_210224 - Copy.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 20220429_210143 - Copy.jpg
    20220429_210143 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 20220429_210159 - Copy.jpg
    20220429_210159 - Copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
20220530_111711 - Copy.jpg 20220530_092847 - Copy.jpg 20220530_092839 - Copy.jpg

Few phenos B. and D. by Sensi Description ....smells I get are something like gassy, dirty ,pine and some are meaty,hashy on top of this.... dank but oldschool.
I think this phenos mixed with afghan/sk will create something similar to OG kush and Chem's.

Last edited:

goingrey

Hi @CANNATORIUM ! You posted this in another thread but it has since been closed so I thought I would ask here where this info is from:

CANNATORIUM said:
''We were producing seeds for Sensi Seeds. The Jack Herer crossed by us (the same present in today's Sensi Seeds catalog.)'' Its qote of owner of Bedrocan....they said that they made JH in their facility with advices by Sam...but in that time Nevile was hanging around with them ......So Sam is involved in making of JH.

Jack Herer was introduced at (and won) the High Times Cannabis Cup in 1994. I think at this time Nevil was indeed still working with Sensi and probably one of the "us" mentioned by the Bedrocan owner. What Nevil said about the linage of Jack Herer is:

Nevil said:
hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1. Mango Haze (5Hz122)is a full sister to 5Hz1 and these two were the best out of tens of thousands.