What's new

Instructions for Using Fresh Dried Cannabis in Ice-Water Extractions

ilife

Melt shot

Melt shot

hillbillieonpcp said:
sorry butte if you took my statements as "hater" statements...I'm a consumer, who also happens to LOVE hash....hash of all kinds....all I want to see is what most people who make hash want to see the smoking shots...weather its bubble or not...I have no real beef with ilife, I just asked a simple question, and got a smart alecky remark, so I in turn made a post about what the topic is all about, MAKING HASH....MELTY hash that is....my point was its not hard to take a melty pic, you don't need to be a professional photographer, to get shots like perhaps, yes you do...but any joe schome can take a picture....just thats it...no "hating" going on here....just a CONSUMER asking a question....

Hello hillbillieonpcp,
Thanks for taking and interest in Using Fresh Dried Cannabis in Ice-Water Extractions. I hope these instructions can help you in your seek to create the finest water-extracted resin that is possible to your capabilities. For every one has different types of growing conditions and wants in there seek to create the best hashish. Thanks for also taking and interest and noticing that YES, I have never posted a "MELTY hash photo on this forum. For I do not consider myself a "joe schome" as your words put it. I take pride in every thing I do. If I can not do my best then I do not put the effort or my valuable time into it. This is where you have to appreciate people like PERHAPS, the real Photographer of "FMCD" melt shots. For these shots take alot of hash and time. For me, once I spark the lighter, torch or match and touch it to the piece of resin in front of me in the bong, I can not finish until it has all turned to ash. For I love a big breathtaking, "bite" toke every time. Sorry it is force of habit!!!

iLiFE

ilife

Thanks Butte

Thanks Butte

Butte said:
hillbillieonpcp - Haters should take a seat in the back and try to keep their opinions to themselves. “Melty” or not, the information presented in this thread is worth it’s weight in gold (or hash…whichever is easier for you to grow!) and I, for one, appreciate the thoroughness in presentation and the innovativeness of Ilife himself. If you can’t think of something positive to add, how about telling us your technique for getting your photos?

Ilife, props again - Butte :rasta: :yes:

Thanks again Butte,

iLiFE

G

well hilld normally I wouldn't bother, but for the record thats a Perhaps pic. And yes he for sure puts any of my hash pics to shame....but again...not my point...my point which you chose to ignore, is even the pics I posted which you seem to not like, shows hash melting....thats all...have a nice day

G

iLife great thread and detailed instructions. When I first started making ice water hash I first used fresh frozen trim and loved the results. After viewing this thread I have used the fresh dried methods described here and I love the results also. I also now just stir with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes each run. The main difference I notice is that the hash from the fresh dried extraction is much eaiser and nicer to store, press if you like and dries betters due to the fact that it is much eaiser to crush up after the extraction.
Concerning the fresh frozen extractions, I normally get less of a yeild but it is noticably purer (barely). And I love the taste from the fresh frozen it is very distinct. In regards to meltyness (which I adore), everything I makes melts and leaves basically nothing on the screen, wether it is from fresh frozen or fresh dried. I noticed the most largest increases in quality when I started only gently mixing with a spoon. It's all wonderful and I love the fact that there are so many variables that you can tweak while do the ice water extractions.

P.S. everything mentioned above was concerning the hash extracted from the 73u bag on the first run. spoon mixed for 10 minutes, and dried on cardboard for 2-3 weeks.

ilife

Thumb

Thumb

Thanks for your inspiring comments Thumb.

When using a spoon I like a nice long-handled plastic spoon. Hardwood is porous and can collect valuable resin.

iLiFE

Butte

Veteran
ilife said:

...so, it looks like the clear hose is plumbed into the back of the machine. Did you have to pull the back off to accomplish this? I'm looking at my machine and thinking the hose that came with it looks to be pertty smooth inside....

ilife

Machine conversion

Machine conversion

Butte said:
...so, it looks like the clear hose is plumbed into the back of the machine. Did you have to pull the back off to accomplish this? I'm looking at my machine and thinking the hose that came with it looks to be pertty smooth inside....

Yes, you replace the stock black hose and clip with a clear hose and a hose clamp. It is very easy to do with 2 people. You do not need to remove the back. You can have one person tilt the back up and the other un-clips the stock hose and pull it through. Then just replace it with the new clear hose. This way you can see the water. It also makes it easier to add a control valve. The control valve helps in case of accidents. It also adds weight to the hose to help keep it down in the filter bags when draining.

iLiFE

Butte

Veteran
Thanks a bunch for the descriptions and new pics. My payload bags should be here any day and we can get this thing rolling! Been tumbling out the trim from this year and have quite a bit built up to run through the wash...pretty exciting!!

- Butte

Butte

Veteran
OK, got everything here except the ice...how much do you usually run through each time? I've got more than a dozen full loads (@600g/bag x 2 bags per run) backed up and would like to have a long day of washing after Thanksgiving weekend...

Thanks again for the great instructions...so far so good - Butte

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
Butte said:
OK, got everything here except the ice...how much do you usually run through each time? I've got more than a dozen full loads (@600g/bag x 2 bags per run) backed up and would like to have a long day of washing after Thanksgiving weekend...

Thanks again for the great instructions...so far so good - Butte

please post up pics when you finish

Butte

Veteran
Thanks, iLife!

FirstWashingMachineRun.Drin.jpg

FirstWashingMachineRun.90u.jpg

FirstWashingMachineRun.Resu.jpg

A couple questions, though. First off, how do you get so much volume to move through the bags the quickest? Are you stacking the bags in the 5 gallon or using one at a time? (I got the four bag Payload set and am using them with a 35 gallon trashcan setup like you describe.)

Second, the end result looks more like dry sift than bubble. Most of the bubble I’ve seen is more oily and darker than what I got...what’s up with that? No complaints as the product is nice, just curious...

All in all, I’d call it a success and I’ll definitely be honing my skills in the near future...

Thanks again for great instructions and inspiration - Butte

ilife

Butte said:
Thanks, iLife!

FirstWashingMachineRun.Drin.jpg

FirstWashingMachineRun.90u.jpg

FirstWashingMachineRun.Resu.jpg

A couple questions, though. First off, how do you get so much volume to move through the bags the quickest? Are you stacking the bags in the 5 gallon or using one at a time? (I got the four bag Payload set and am using them with a 35 gallon trashcan setup like you describe.)

Second, the end result looks more like dry sift than bubble. Most of the bubble I’ve seen is more oily and darker than what I got...what’s up with that? No complaints as the product is nice, just curious...

All in all, I’d call it a success and I’ll definitely be honing my skills in the near future...

Thanks again for great instructions and inspiration - Butte

Hey Butte,
Yes, I always leave my bags stacked. The quickest way to get more volume to move through the bags is, to use more bags. By separating your resin material into more bags it helps keep the resin from fully covering the screen and not letting any water pass through. That is why bags companies like Payload Bags have introduced new style bags that have added screen material to the sides of the bags allowing for more easier drainage. In your case you are only using a 4 bag kit. A major factor is how much plant material are you passing through from the start? Another quick tip is to start with the best resin water you can, meaning try not to have anything larger than 220µ in your Resin water. This is where companies like Aqua Lab Technologies with there 220µ Zipcro filter bag have improved the average Water-Hash makers quality. By using this product properly your Resin water will only have 220µ material in it, making for a faster easier Resin Harvest.

iLiFE

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hey there Ilife,
I am planning to get a mini washer for the bubble ill make when the next crop is done-i was going to get it for the last time but couldnt afford it hey-ho shit happens :joint: Anyway I have about 1.25 square metre grow space., im only making hash for myself... Im planning to adopt your way of nesting the bags in a bucket in the lid of a larger bin, except as im only going to be providing for myself, and as ill be using the mini washer i figure i can use the little 1 gallon bags as i dont need the bucket space for all the weed and ice..... What do you think?
Also.. the normal mini washer-the same one bubbleman and mila sell with their kits..i can get that for around 40 pounds on amazon, but ive found this slightly smaller(only 10 litres instead of 14) one with clear sides so you can keep an eye on it, for 45 pounds http://www.towsure.com/product/3987-Mini_Portawash#largeimage or i can get this twin tub one with the spinner for 64 pounds http://www.towsure.com/product/9620-Twin_Tub_Washing_Machine#largeimage Do you think their is a benefit to having the spinner, do you think it is worth spending the extra on the spinner unit for my small scale purposes, and do you think that 10- litr one would be opk or is it too small? im only going to be using the trimmings and smallest buds and scraggies from my 1.2 square metre grow.
How many triangle bags does the mini washer need , just one?
Sorry for so many questions Ilife i want to make sure i buy the right stuff and dont miss anything.... Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

ilife

Harry Gypsna said:
Hey there Ilife,
I am planning to get a mini washer for the bubble ill make when the next crop is done-i was going to get it for the last time but couldnt afford it hey-ho shit happens :joint: Anyway I have about 1.25 square metre grow space., im only making hash for myself... Im planning to adopt your way of nesting the bags in a bucket in the lid of a larger bin, except as im only going to be providing for myself, and as ill be using the mini washer i figure i can use the little 1 gallon bags as i dont need the bucket space for all the weed and ice..... What do you think?
Also.. the normal mini washer-the same one bubbleman and mila sell with their kits..i can get that for around 40 pounds on amazon, but ive found this slightly smaller(only 10 litres instead of 14) one with clear sides so you can keep an eye on it, for 45 pounds http://www.towsure.com/product/3987-Mini_Portawash#largeimage or i can get this twin tub one with the spinner for 64 pounds http://www.towsure.com/product/9620-Twin_Tub_Washing_Machine#largeimage Do you think their is a benefit to having the spinner, do you think it is worth spending the extra on the spinner unit for my small scale purposes, and do you think that 10- litr one would be opk or is it too small? im only going to be using the trimmings and smallest buds and scraggies from my 1.2 square metre grow.
How many triangle bags does the mini washer need , just one?
Sorry for so many questions Ilife i want to make sure i buy the right stuff and dont miss anything.... Thanks in advance for any help

Hey Harry Gypsna,

The only problem I see with using a 1 gallon(4 liter) kit is that your are going to try and pass 10 to 14 liters of water through them. This is hard, for instance if your screens get covered with resin and do not want to drain fast enough you will end up losing valuable resin water. When using the gravity drain you can not easily shutoff the flow of water.
I would recommend starting out with a 5 gallon (19 liter) kit.
I do not see a big advantage in using a mini-washer with a spin cycle. Most of the time it forces more plant material into your resin water.
I use 1 or 2 / 220µ Aqua Lab Technologies Zipcro bags in a mini-washer, depending on how much plant material you have. One small bag can hold from 50g to 150g of plant material. We have put as much as 2 small bags filled with 150g each for a max of 300g of dried plant material in a 14 liter mini-washer. And ending with good results.

iLiFE

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Thanks Ilife...thats answered everything i wanted to know...I think ill get the same one that comes with the kits.... Ill get the 5 gallon bags again... i can see the logic in what you say about draining and besides i suppose it allows me to keep my options open to do with the old way with a spoon if i desire.

Latest posts

Latest posts