What's new

Indiana Bubblegum

Crazy Chester

Stoney knew his shit man but everyone can be wrong from time to time,who knows eh
Yes - but, tying into what you said about Adam Dunn's seed plant odyssey that brought bubblegum to Europe - it starts making more sense. Maybe the one and only IBG clone stayed in the US and the second cut stoney917 was talking about was a selection Dunn made from seeds he created from the one and only IBG clone that survived to travel across the pond. So maybe not two IBG clones - but, one IBG clone and a winner picked from seeds made from her?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Having the mix of orange/putrid smells only in the JillyBean compared to the rest of the TGA catalogue the logic conclusion is it's coming from the mother side. Trying to explain with recessive or double recessive trait is over thinking it. The mother of those two different seed lines are air best parents but not the same.Too many differences in the expression of their progeny even in crosses to be the same plant at 100%, the smell was just one the difference but the flowers had nothing in common in the structure, the high was radically different.
Using a quote from a man who lied before about the real genetic he used to sell more seeds is not a solid argument as he could still lie to again sell more seeds as more people are looking for the "true" CaliO. That's why I prefer to make assumptions based on my own observations in the garden and the only way to know for sure if the plant are the same or not would be a DNA test, unless we have that we only have our own opinion, mine being the JB and Blood Orange were not made with the same mother, there is certainly more than one mother plant with strong citrus smells/tastes in the whole world.
My TGA favorite was one of the Space-Queen or Jill with a strong pineapple taste and upbeat high and one of my Ace of Spades more indica leaning with a mix taste of berry/lemon and hybrid high, good yielder as well;

Tynehead Tom

so reading thru the last few pages..... where does the Bazooka Joe Bubble Gum come in to play?
I have older seeds from the vault of the late Classic Seeds (RIP) that were gifted to me and they are reeferman bazooka joe bubble gum. I mentioned them earlier in the thread but I don't know the history on the line or where reeferman got his bubble gum genetics. Anyone know?
His description just says it is the classic indiana bubble gum from way back.
Gonna have to grow those out and see for myself hehe

bimblebrains_1

Having the mix of orange/putrid smells only in the JillyBean compared to the rest of the TGA catalogue the logic conclusion is it's coming from the mother side. Trying to explain with recessive or double recessive trait is over thinking it. The mother of those two different seed lines are air best parents but not the same.Too many differences in the expression of their progeny even in crosses to be the same plant at 100%, the smell was just one the difference but the flowers had nothing in common in the structure, the high was radically different.
Using a quote from a man who lied before about the real genetic he used to sell more seeds is not a solid argument as he could still lie to again sell more seeds as more people are looking for the "true" CaliO. That's why I prefer to make assumptions based on my own observations in the garden and the only way to know for sure if the plant are the same or not would be a DNA test, unless we have that we only have our own opinion, mine being the JB and Blood Orange were not made with the same mother, there is certainly more than one mother plant with strong citrus smells/tastes in the whole world.
My TGA favorite was one of the Space-Queen or Jill with a strong pineapple taste and upbeat high and one of my Ace of Spades more indica leaning with a mix taste of berry/lemon and hybrid high, good yielder as well;
I see what you are saying but still doesn't explain why no putrid was found in the blood orange,there's no telling what traits and genes the Appalachia would have Imparted or cancelled out,have you grown out the agent orange? Nothing putrid in that that I saw in 2 10packs ,12females think it was.. what do you consider enough beans popped to make such a judgement on a seedline tho I guess is the question,I know I've had to crack several packets to find anything I'd remotely call a keeper from a lot of famous breeders,bodhi included (I am a fan it's not a dis)....I've never had the room to do more than 2 or 3 packs at a time tho ,wish could have done more...also why wouldnt subcool just list the JB and AO mum as the cali-o clone if he was trying to cash in ..if I could be arsed try and dig out the episode on the weed nerd where they clearly say the Melvin and Cali-o are one and the same I would but man there was like 700 odd episodes or something lol..
Yer I got a lot of c99 pineapple type stuff when I ran the space queen too,never ran the ace of spades tho....did the quleaner,plushberry,3d,querkle,quazy train,doctor who,time wreck,cheese quake,space Jill,jesus og,Marion berry kush,agent orange,cuvee', Chernobyl and probably a couple more I forget now, his gear was all I grew for about 3years lol

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've only grown a F2 version the AO and sadly it was not the best version this seed line can offer, I had no real orange smelling females in the 4 I got so hard to compare with the JB.
The quality difference in the female I kept from Blood orange and the ones I got from JillyBean is due to chance I think because I only got 1 plant like my 5 years keeper. My friend finally et it go because people around us were sick of it and wanted something new, if I had enough space I'd have kept her because she had all tou can ask from a plant, easy to clone, fast grower, easy to feed, short flo period of 60/65 days, good yield, easy trim with all those good traits an insanely strong smell of orange with a powerful in your face high. It was like smoking a glass of orange juice with a dash of lime and a drop of tabasco.
None of the JB females I had shared similarities in the grow patter, buds structure and type of high, in fact the only thing they had in common was the orange peel smell in the JB who was not the same type than the BO.The more orange/skunky female of JB was grown outdoor as well straight in the native soil who was cow pasture for decades, in this rich soil the smell totally changed to something like gasoline, I was shocked because it's the only time I had a clone act so differently in 2 different growing conditions.

tricloud

I’ve heard that possibly one of the BG clones that floats around is actually a sensi star pheno? From 98 I think. Anyone else heard that?

Ive grown out sensi star and its absolutely nothing like the Indiana bubblebum clone. There can always be a throwback but what would sensi star throw back to that would be so sweet?

LifeLess

Veteran
Here we are at day 50 today. Indiana bubblegum.
20240513_091423.jpg
20240513_091308.jpg
20240513_091239.jpg

tricloud

I see what you are saying but still doesn't explain why no putrid was found in the blood orange,there's no telling what traits and genes the Appalachia would have Imparted or cancelled out,have you grown out the agent orange? Nothing putrid in that that I saw in 2 10packs ,12females think it was.. what do you consider enough beans popped to make such a judgement on a seedline tho I guess is the question,I know I've had to crack several packets to find anything I'd remotely call a keeper from a lot of famous breeders,bodhi included (I am a fan it's not a dis)....I've never had the room to do more than 2 or 3 packs at a time tho ,wish could have done more...also why wouldnt subcool just list the JB and AO mum as the cali-o clone if he was trying to cash in ..if I could be arsed try and dig out the episode on the weed nerd where they clearly say the Melvin and Cali-o are one and the same I would but man there was like 700 odd episodes or something lol..
Yer I got a lot of c99 pineapple type stuff when I ran the space queen too,never ran the ace of spades tho....did the quleaner,plushberry,3d,querkle,quazy train,doctor who,time wreck,cheese quake,space Jill,jesus og,Marion berry kush,agent orange,cuvee', Chernobyl and probably a couple more I forget now, his gear was all I grew for about 3years lol

Subcool was not very honest when he listed the strains involved in his work. Mz. Jill testified to that and the suspicions that many of us had that he was using the seeds many of us sent to Mz. Jill as gifts to breed with then pretty much lied about what he used. I wouldn't take a single word that dude said or typed as truth.

Munson

Veteran
Ive grown out sensi star and its absolutely nothing like the Indiana bubblebum clone. There can always be a throwback but what would sensi star throw back to that would be so sweet?
You’ve got me there. Closes thing I’ve grown to sensi star is Death Star so I have real leg to stand on. Can probably put that rumor to bed

tricloud

And I think, as someone pointed out a few posts up, Sam Skunkman confirmed the same.

Having grown the Cali-O clone before - I agree - it's a Skunk #1.

Did Eric77 share with you when he popped the seed?

Here's flowering pics of Cali-O I took two years ago:

View attachment 19000793

View attachment 19000794

View attachment 19000791

Sorry I got that wrong. I need to start rereading what I post before I post, and these readers should help. Was supposed to was "was not from skunk1"
And I think, as someone pointed out a few posts up, Sam Skunkman confirmed the same.

Having grown the Cali-O clone before - I agree - it's a Skunk #1.

Did Eric77 share with you when he popped the seed?

Here's flowering pics of Cali-O I took two years ago:

View attachment 19000793

View attachment 19000794

View attachment 19000791
Sorry I got that wrong. I need to start rereading what I post before I post, these new reading glasses should help. Was supposed to read: "was not from skunk1"......

bimblebrains_1

Subcool was not very honest when he listed the strains involved in his work. Mz. Jill testified to that and the suspicions that many of us had that he was using the seeds many of us sent to Mz. Jill as gifts to breed with then pretty much lied about what he used. I wouldn't take a single word that dude said or typed as truth
Fair play I never had any dealings with him directly as im from UK and always just had to get the beans thru the attitude,your not the first person to tell me that and if you know mz jill as well then who I am to say otherwise.Have found some amazing plants over the years from the gear tho gotta say,some of best washers ever,anything that space dude touched was a hash monster lol..let's be honest old subby did play his part in shaping this scene ,love or hate the guy,and i'll be the first to admit I learnt a lot from the weed nerd show back in the day

bimblebrains_1

Sorry I got that wrong. I need to start rereading what I post before I post, and these readers should help. Was supposed to was "was not from skunk1"

Sorry I got that wrong. I need to start rereading what I post before I post, these new reading glasses should help. Was supposed to read: "was not from skunk1"......
What are you trying to say,that it's from pre skunk #1 skunk lines then dude?

tricloud

What are you trying to say,that it's from pre skunk #1 skunk lines then dude?
I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything man. I don't want to be a part of diverting this thread anymore either. Perhaps someone should start a Cali-o thread. All I'm saying is that nobody knows what was used to make Cali-o but eric77 and he is gone now. Count me out of this part of the convo from here out on this thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts