What's new

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

IndicaFarmer

hey Dubi, lovely plants. I love all your work with Ace. You guys are real deal renaissance type guys in a sea, an ocean of monotone, homogenous, watered-down crap in the seed industry. I really appreciate all you guys do to preserve the classics and to keep them fresh for a new generation of grower, one that has yields as the last thing on their importance list. quality is always number one with your varieties. also, uniqueness of high, smell and taste as well as high typology. I was curious if you guys had any info on the cannabinoid analysis breakdown regarding the Kashmir? has it had any lab investigation at all? thanx!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
One Pulwama Pink is above ground and blinking it's little eyes...second seed is still in the paper towel and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to sprout though...

therevverend

Veteran
Pink Pistil from Balochistan. Because of a labeling snafu the Pink pistil are labeled Red Baloch and vice versa

View media item 18707673
View media item 18707671
View media item 18704144
Red Baloch. These are the best of the Baloch so far. The amount of resin they produce is impressive. The flavor is wonderful, took a few months to fully develop, now it has a pink lemonade/incense and hash flavor. The stone is very pleasant, euphoric in mind and body. The potency is equal to my own cultivars. It wasn't finished when I had to harvest, still had quite a few white hairs. I'd like to see what it could do in a drier climate with a longer season. The pink pistil didn't finish, it had a mild strawberry smell but didn't have time to fully develop before the rains came. They both had good structure, dense bud development compared to the Afghan hashplants that are often leafy. They adapted well to growing in containers. Might be the best landraces I've tried, although I like the Shahjoy as well.

View media item 18707653
View media item 18705316
View media item 18707668
View media item 18705312
View media item 18704962
Shahjoy from 2020 Durand Line selection. The variety that adapted the best to my northern temperate climate. Great mold resistance. Probably because it came from a higher altitude mountainous region instead of the valley floor. The Zanjeer did almost as well. The others were hit and miss because they got caught by the rains. Another couple weeks and things could have been very different. I gave a friend some nugs, a mix of my good stuff. The Shahjoy was his favorite, even more so then the modern hybrid type. Has a nutty grape flavor, similar to seeded concord grapes. Spicy and hashy as well. Wonderful stuff.

View media item 18708177
View media item 18705426
View media item 18705323

No problems with germination. The King's Bud, from 2021's crop, sprouted 100% in 2 days. The Pink Pistil and Red Baloch also sprouted easily last year. Every seed was big, brown, and healthy. The seedlings are quite vigorous, fat and strong. Used a heat mat, otherwise room temperature. Haven't had problems with the 2020 Durand Line seeds either. If not 100%, nearly so.

therevverend

Veteran
I tried ILE's Himalayan narrow leaf sativa hand-rubbed hashish cultivars for the first time last year. The Nirang 'Asphalt Pheno'. Nirang is a tiny village across the river from Malana. The plant was outstanding, easily the best sativa I've been able to grow in my temperate northern climate. She was gigantic, at least 16 feet tall, loaded with clusters of little frosty flowers. Strong structure, she got pushed around by the wind but was able to maintain her own weight. The best part is that she was fully mature by October 18th. The only sativa I've tried that's come close is Ace's Black Vietnamese x Meao Thai. (I need to look into Ace's other Meao Thai crosses, it has an early gene-early as in late October/early November)

View media item 18708600
View media item 18708595
View media item 18707659
View media item 18704959
The smoke is wonderful. Very spicy. There's a bit of the usual Indian carrot/fennel/celery up front but then it's overwhelmed by the deeper incense and spice smells. Anise, lavender, coriander seed, cumin, hashish, etc. etc. Shiva's spice cabinet. She might be the frostiest sativa I've grown. The resin glands are big.

I also grew out the Kali Ram hashplant, also from Nirang. ILE's friend Trident Seeds carries it, you can look him up on instagram. Many of the Malana region releases, Wailing Valley, Nirang, and others, are released by both companies. It's called Kali Ram because it's the name of the breeder and Kali means black. Some of the plants will turn dark purplish/black when fully mature.

There was quite a bit of variation in the Kali Ram, they all smelled great but some were better then others. They had weaker stalks and structure then the Nirang asphalt, my largest one had the top broken a couple times by the wind. Here's a look.

View media item 18708598
View media item 18708596
View media item 18708184
View media item 18707678
View media item 18704135
View media item 18704134
The seeds were a bit trickier, with lower germination rates, then the Afghan and Baloch strains. Similar to other narrow leaf landrace types. I got the majority to pop however. I think a peroxide soak and warm temperatures may help improve your chances.

Here's a harvest time box load. Notice how colorful the branches and flowers are.

View media item 18708588
Just checked out Ace's website to see what they had in stock. They're all out of the Nirang varieties but they had some Wailing Valley left. Those should be similar to what I had. I also noticed they had Urgam Valley in stock. The last couple days Trident Seeds has been posting pictures of the Ugram Valley variety growing in the small village, on their Instagram page. It should be the same as the one Ace is offering. They get incredibly huge. Given the right conditions, 25 feet/7.5 meters or more. The pictures posted blew my mind. One picture showed a plant that dwarfed a small house. The plant was growing next to the villager's house and had taken it over. Other pictures showed similar results, among the biggest plants I've seen.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for showing your beautiful plants coming from the very interesting ILE genetics!

We have received best last season selections of new Afghani and Pakistani landrace seeds from Indian Landrace Exchange:

Afghan Daman Selection #8​

Daman Village populations without a doubt, were one of the most diverse looking crop ILE team ran into in Afghanistan. Even a small patch shows great phenotypic variation amongst the individuals, wherein plants could be seen expressing features from both end of the spectrum, be it the overall structure, leaf broadness, bud structure, smells etc...

This was our final selection from Daman Village, Kandahar. Just when we thought we have seen it all, we found this one. This is both tall and bushy, starting right from the bottom of the stalk giving it a round look, yet having a clear apical dominance that sticks out like a mosque dome.

This is one of most impressive structures one could find here, and all of that with extremely narrow leaflets, in flush purple color. The bud growth on this female is above average, which is evenly covered in a thick layer of trichomes. This plant had all its leaves, branches and buds intact all the way to the harvest (Early November).

This beast features a strong yet complex smell, that includes aromas of fresh earth, nuts, diesel and spices. An absolute treat of a profile, with the smells moving in all different tangents, but mostly influenced by the strong notes of diesel.

TypeFIRST GENERATION (P1) LANDRACE STRAIN
FormatStandard
Sativa / Indica ratio100 % indica
Flowering indoors12 weeks
Flowering outdoorsEarly November
YieldHigh
Resistance against spider mitesAverage-High
Resistance against powder mildewAverage-High
Resistance against botrytisAverage
Resistance against white flyAverage-High
Resistance against coldHigh
Resistance against heatHigh
Latitude0º-45º
GeneticsFirst generation pure indica landrace from Daman, Kandahar, Afghanistan.
StructureTall and bushy, starting right from the bottom of the stalk giving it a round look, yet having a clear apical dominance that sticks out like a mosque dome. One of most impressive structures found in Daman Village
BouquetStrong yet complex smell, that includes aromas of fresh earth, nuts, diesel and spices. An absolute treat of a profile, with the smells moving in all different tangents, but mostly influenced by the strong notes of diesel.
HighStrong body effect of sedative nature.
Terpene profileIt has not yet been analyzed.
Growing TipsEspecially recommended for outdoor growing in hot and dry climates due to its excellent adaptability to heat and drought in its place of origin. It withstands without problem the cold during flowering and strong temperature variations throughout its development. It can easily be grown indoors too.

We recommend moderate levels of nutrients for the whole cycle, slightly higher in NPK in the first two thirds of the flowering period.

Attachments

• Daman Village Selection 8 b.jpg
    Daman Village Selection 8 b.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Daman Village Selection 8.jpg
    Daman Village Selection 8.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Daman Village Selection 8 bud finishing.jpg
    Daman Village Selection 8 bud finishing.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Daman Village farmer.jpg
    Daman Village farmer.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 115

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Afghan Markaz Baboos Selection #10​

Logar Province is located at the South East of Afghanistan, bordering to both Eastern highlands and the Southern territories. It borders with Nangarhar, Kabul and Ghazni making it one of the busier places in the country.

ILE team filmed some of the fields here during the vegitative stage and came back to same fields to see how they had shaped up leading upto the apex of the flowering season. This year, a lot of crops which were standing lush in the vegitative stages got destroyed and cut by the Talibani administration and places like Paktia, Kandahar and Ghazni were some of the prime victims, taking a massive toll this year and will possibly continue to suffer under the restrictions imposed by the Taliban administration on cannabis cultivation in Afghanistan.

Apart from the obvious vigor and eye catching beauty, it was the smell coming off Selection #10 plant, which made ILE team select it. The overall terpene profile can be understood as an extremely strong odour filling up the surroundings, consisting of sharp notes of diesel and industrial floor cleaner like chemical smells.

FormatStandard
Flowering indoors12 weeks
Flowering outdoorsEarly November
YieldAverage-High
Latitude0º-45º
GeneticsFirst generation pure indica landrace from Markaz Baboos, Logar, Afghanistan.
StructureVigorous, mainly columnar growth of medium-tall size.
BouquetIt was the smell coming off Selection #10 plant, which made ILE team select it. Extremely strong odour filling up the surroundings, consisting of sharp notes of diesel and industrial floor cleaner like chemical smells.
HighBalanced high which is first uplifting and then a little drowsy as well.
Growing TipsEspecially recommended for outdoor growing in hot and dry climates due to its excellent adaptability to heat and drought in its place of origin. It withstands without problem the cold during flowering and strong temperature variations throughout its development. It can easily be grown indoors too.

We recommend moderate levels of nutrients for the whole cycle, slightly higher in NPK in the first two thirds of the flowering period.

Attachments

• Markaz Baboos Selection #10 b.jpg
    Markaz Baboos Selection #10 b.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Markaz Baboos Selection #10.jpg
    Markaz Baboos Selection #10.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 112

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Balochistan Black Tiger (broad leave selection)​

Year of collection - 2022
Location/Site - Mastung, Balochistan
Alt. & Lat. - 5000 ft. / 29.88 N, 66.78 E
Profile - Spicey, musk, diesel, earthy
Type - Broad Leave/Drug type THC dom
Structure - Tall (10-12 ft.) round bush with medium-long internodes
Flowering Term - 11-12 weeks
Typical growing season - April to November
Resin Type - Dry textured resin glands
Effects - sedative, relaxing and sleepy

Balochistan is the largest province in Pakistan situated at the southwest territories bordered by Afghanistan towards North and North West, Iran towards south west, Sindh in the East and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA regions in the North East. And south is bounded by the Arabian Sea. The climate is extremely harsh and uninhabitable at most places. Climate in the highlands is characterized by very cold winters and warm summers. Winters towards the foothills of the highlands vary from extremely cold in the northern districts close to Afghanistan and somewhat hospitable conditions can be found closer to the Makran in the coastal areas influenced by the Arabian Sea. Dam made on Dasht river supplies most of drinking water and cater to irrigation needs

As of today Balochistan suffers from a natural water crisis coupled with other socio political upheavals in the region. Balochistan has an absolutely unforgiving terrain, sand storms originating from Iran are a common occurrence in the north west Balochistan. And in the midst of all this the traditional Balochi Cannabis farmers are still able to not only grow but also produce some of the best traditionally processed Hashish around the world.

Balochistan is situated from 27° N to 29° N around places like Dasht and Mastung district which are also located at an average altitude of 5500 ft. Which still only allows for a medium long flowering expression since the snow sets in late in December, except for mountains where it snows as early as mid November. The broad leaf/Short season varieties which can be seen growing in various farms are a by product of imported varieties from places such as northern Afghanistan, Iran, Uzbekistan etc... amalgamated with traditional balochi landrace varieties and acclimatized to Balochistan's climate for thousands of years.

Previously the Mastung region was known as the Kingdom of Kalat, which was ruled by the khan of Kalat or Khan -e qualat. The cannabis culture has been so prevalent even from the earliest times that king used to have private farms of cannabis where some very special and sought after varieties used to grow that weren’t available to the locals at that point of time and they could only smell the magnificent aromas oozing out of the royal gardens. These varieties today are grown by the descendents of royal families who still own hundreds of acres of land.

Balochistan acts as an ultimate proving ground for any plant variety and only the genotypes Well adapted towards surviving in scarcity of water and heat could survive in these unforgiving conditions all that in between a water crisis in Balochistan. The general flowering term is around 8-11 weeks with a mid to late October finish. The seeds were imported and amalgamated to gradually shape into regional Heirloom with conscious selection over many generations. Balochistan unlike other central Asian hashish regions has a number of educated farmers who possess skills and knowledge beyond traditions. Some of the farmers select the seeds and keep them separately as they understand various features like red stem or pink Stigma brings a certain type of brings a certain qualitative effect into the final product and user experience.

There is a variety of different expressions in numerous farmed populations spread across, in places like Dasht and Mastung which is situated almost at the Pak-Afghan-Iran Border and is known as a hub for the Afghan Imported Hashish into Pakistan for stamping of gold and red seal before the export into the other side of the world.

Wherein the farmers consider early flowering plants inferior in quality whereas more vigorous and late flowering plants (10-11 weeks) are their first choice for making one of the best Hashish in the world. The flavours in Balochistan populations around the north west in places like Mastung is basically a mind bending complex of sweet and acrid smells which can be based around lemon/perfume, petrol/diesel, pine, honey, earthy and tropical to highland fruits.

FormatStandard
Flowering indoors11-12 weeks
Flowering outdoorsNovember
YieldHigh
Resistance against powder mildewAverage
Latitude0º-45º
Genetics2022 black broad leaved selection. First generation pure indica landrace from Mastung, Balochistan, Pakistan.
StructureTall, round-bushy, vigorous and robust indica broad-leaved plants, reaching as high as 10-12 ft, with numerous strong and productive secondary branches.
BouquetSpicy, musky, diesel, earthy.
HighSedative, relaxing and sleepy.

We recommend moderate-high levels of nutrients for the whole cycle, high in NPK in the first two thirds of the flowering period.

Attachments

• Balochistan Black Tiger broad leave 2021.jpg
    Balochistan Black Tiger broad leave 2021.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 93

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Balochistan Quetta Purple Selection #1​

Origin: Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan. 2022.
Type: broadleaf cannabis indica of THC-rich chemotype.
Structure: very tall, robust and with strong lateral branches.
Flowering: plants are harvested after 12-14 weeks of flowering. Growing season in its place of origin is from April to November.
Terpene profile: sweet, apple, cherries, apricot, citrus background.
Effects: strong body effect of a sedative nature.

Quetta Purple Selection #1 is the only selection with all fruity aromas such as apples, cherries, apricot, etc.... Blanketed with an overwhelming sweetness, distinctly different from the other Quetta selections.

Balochistan's cannabis culture has been one that could be one that could be seen as a legend amongst the legends. Balochistan that is located within Pakistan is also bordered with Afghanistan and Iran on its North-West and West respectively and to ponder the amount of cultural traffic is almost mind boggling. For a number of reasons, the farmers here have a much more progressive thinking in terms of using agricultural practices to gradually improve one's crop and that very often leads them away from shadows of their culture.

Balochistan in itself is located only at around 30ºN of the equator without extreme altitudes (not surpassing 4000 meters), so the season length actually allows for the regional landraces to exhibit features that are quintaessential to naturally adapted populations to mid latitude ranges of approx between 24º-32ºN. These populations usually express features that are characteristically marked by medium-long flowering term of 12-14 weeks, which includes a pre flowering stretch of 3-4 weeks before the plants actually go into stage of rapid floral bract production, so eventually plants would finish with 3-4X in size by the time they finish to ripe.

However, to everyone's convenience the farmers notoriously import fully domesticated cannabis varieties from higher latitude regions such as Afghanistan and Uzbekistan to amalgamate with their regional landrace strain (as described above) to achieve shorter flowering compact plants that boast an overall higher concentration of cannabinoids and terpenes, which invariably translates in producing a more flavorful and potent hash.

FormatStandard
Flowering indoors12-14 weeks
YieldAverage-High
Latitude0º-45º
GeneticsFirst generation pure indica landrace from Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan.
StructureVery tall, robust and with strong lateral branches.
BouquetSweet, apple, cherries, apricot, citrus background.
HighStrong body effect of a sedative nature.

Attachments

• Quetta selection #1.jpg
    Quetta selection #1.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 106

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Balochistan Quetta Purple Selection #2​

Origin: Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan. 2022
Type: broadleaf cannabis indica of THC-rich chemotype.
Structure: very tall, robust and with strong lateral branches.
Flowering: plants are harvested after 12-14 weeks of flowering. Growing season in its place of origin is from April to November.
Terpene profile: citrusy, lemony, with diesel background.
Effects: strong head high, uplifting and energetic.

This selection has the XXL purple yields which also features an intense aromatic experience which is built upon a strong diesel background with citrusy/lemony smells on the front.

Balochistan's cannabis culture has been one that could be one that could be seen as a legend amongst the legends. Balochistan that is located within Pakistan is also bordered with Afghanistan and Iran on its North-West and West respectively and to ponder the amount of cultural traffic is almost mind boggling. For a number of reasons, the farmers here have a much more progressive thinking in terms of using agricultural practices to gradually improve one's crop and that very often leads them away from shadows of their culture.

Balochistan in itself is located only at around 30ºN of the equator without extreme altitudes (not surpassing 4000 meters), so the season length actually allows for the regional landraces to exhibit features that are quintaessential to naturally adapted populations to mid latitude ranges of approx between 24º-32ºN. These populations usually express features that are characteristically marked by medium-long flowering term of 12-14 weeks, which includes a pre flowering stretch of 3-4 weeks before the plants actually go into stage of rapid floral bract production, so eventually plants would finish with 3-4X in size by the time they finish to ripe.

However, to everyone's convenience the farmers notoriously import fully domesticated cannabis varieties from higher latitude regions such as Afghanistan and Uzbekistan to amalgamate with their regional landrace strain (as described above) to achieve shorter flowering compact plants that boast an overall higher concentration of cannabinoids and terpenes, which invariably translates in producing a more flavorful and potent hash.
FormatStandard
Flowering indoors12-14 weeks
YieldHigh
Latitude0º-45º
GeneticsFirst generation pure indica landrace from Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan.
StructureVery tall, robust and with strong lateral branches.
BouquetCitrusy, lemony, with diesel background.
HighStrong head high, uplifting and energetic.

Attachments

• Quetta Selection #2.jpg
    Quetta Selection #2.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 110

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
also re stock on:

Balochistan Kanak Pink stigma
Red Baloch
Burma Myanmar
Eastern Manipur-Burma border
Hopar valley Selection #2
Pulwama Pink
Kerala Gold
Sheelawathi

Attachments

• Balochistan pink stigma 2021.jpg
    Balochistan pink stigma 2021.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Balochistan Red 2021.jpg
    Balochistan Red 2021.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Burma Myanmar.jpg
    Burma Myanmar.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Eastern Manipur.jpg
    Eastern Manipur.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Hopar Valley selection #2.jpg
    Hopar Valley selection #2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Pulwama Pink.jpg
    Pulwama Pink.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Kerala Gold.jpg
    Kerala Gold.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Sheelawathi.jpg
    Sheelawathi.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 94

Shua1991

20230411_063832.jpg
20230411_063924.jpg
20230411_064127.jpg

20230411_135946.jpg
20230411_140058.jpg
20230411_141039.jpg

The Afghan Landrace/Heirloom "Maruf Black" was used in a hybrid I'm growing
and seems to impart fruity bubblegum terpenes and rotting meat/Halitosis smelling thiols.

I am currently stress testing this group of plants for f2's and polyhybrids so they've been pollenated by the herm prone ounterparts, next harvest won't be an issue, the more Maruf prone the squatter and stronger the branching, these can support lots of weight.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0125.JPG

Mong Hsat is in foreground at 62 days flower. It has maybe 2 weeks to go? It started out with wide leaves and I was worried. Now the leaves coming out are thin and delicate. Sample smokes show good potency and gentle effect. Sativa but not so racy. The Eastern Manipur was more speedy.

Euphoria is common and just a pleasant high. No purple on the 3 plants of the Mong but I do not care Pics from ILE showed purple with some at least. Easy growing plant with vigor, no bottlenecking with genetics I think.

Background is Congo Black from another source. It is ready to chop.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I had a Palwama Pink going the past months but turned out to be a male so I didn't save him...amazing pics on this thread!

Azure

View attachment 18829786 View attachment 18829787 View attachment 18829785
View attachment 18829940 View attachment 18829939 View attachment 18829938
The Afghan Landrace/Heirloom "Maruf Black" was used in a hybrid I'm growing
and seems to impart fruity bubblegum terpenes and rotting meat/Halitosis smelling thiols.

I am currently stress testing this group of plants for f2's and polyhybrids so they've been pollenated by the herm prone ounterparts, next harvest won't be an issue, the more Maruf prone the squatter and stronger the branching, these can support lots of weight.
I'm growing some (Colombian x THH) x "Maruf Black" and noticed they have a bubble gum smell as well.
The THH x Colombian finshed with a black pepper smell and the black finished with a leathery meat skunky smell.
I have some Bubba Hash x Maruf Black growing but these seedlings don't have any aroma as of yet. Also have to start some Bangi Haze x Maruf Black.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0158.JPG
100_0159.JPG
100_0168.JPG

These are two ILE Burma Mong Hsat plants after 86 days flower. One of the plants turned purple or bluish and the other two did not. I favored the regular colored one and am trying to reveg it now. Both are good though.

Fuzzy effect but sativa and energetic without being anxious. Real nice.
100_0170.JPG

Shua1991

I'm harvesting the Maruf Black hybrids this weekend. A few are drying one is already in the Jar. So far the funkier odors correlate with higher potency, also greater trichome development.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update on the Burma. The blue one smoked just ok. My favorite is quite a bit better, the one in the pic, I have it revegging. It is trippy as Bodhi said. It's best feature is a warm but certainly up and sativa effect. Not jittery.