What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

if you can smell maryjane through a sealed mason jar

i dont understand how canned fruits and vegetables stay good for many years in the same containers..my grandma gave me these jars full of tomatos,green beans,etc...open a jar and they would taste like you just picked em out of the garden..

Because most, if not all, of the available oxygen in the jar is expelled by the contents.
Once oxygen is depleted/not present, then degradation slows down - but be aware for products that also decompose in the presence of light - usually if this is the case then gasses and pressure builds up in the jar, sometimes causing explosions.

T

treefrog

The boiling/pressure kills off the microbes that would spoil (eat) the contents of the jar.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
you have almost certainly smashed glands and rubbed them on the outside of the jar. Wipe the jar off with rubbing alcohol.... like whoa!!

NUG-JUG

nugjug i watched that video..some very interestin stuff about maryjanes smell..i really had no idea a dog could identify the different ingredients in vegetable soup..next time i travel with mj i'm gonna put her right in the middle of a big sack of hamburgers... .wonder how those dogs would react to a 5 gallon bucket full of dead fish with mj in the very bottom? ...hmmmmm

That's actually one of his other tips. They react the same to food\mj since both mean treat time. Sort of like us lol

Latest posts

Latest posts