What's new

I think I have a Virus

G4life

Yes, that is the TMV Virus....The ChemD has it bad...This is a very good example of the virus being passed on through seeds...Any seeds being made with the ChemD clone can/will carry the virus..

heres a recent post from another forum by Nspecta...check it!

raskal~ ChemDog's ChemD has a highly unstable form of Tobacco Mosaic Virus...it can and will spread to other plants in the garden...the OG Kushes (including the S1 or Hybrid known as "The White") seem to have a more stable form of a virus...not so contagious anyway. The ChemD has infected ChemSister & HP#1 in my room thus far...my bros & I are looking to, hopefully, tissue culture CD's cut & get rid of the virus...we'll see if it works.

All Y'all~ Most viruses don't seem to be a major problem...but...I would like to warn Anyone who is trading the ChemDog D cut that 'ChemDog' passed out...that particular cut is contagious...also, with that level of infection it is quite likely any seeds made with that cut could/would also carry the virus. Something to think about anyway.

IGT

For the Record!...The Above post was posted on another forum by Nspecta IGT on 11-08.....3 days before Rez announced his ChemIBL project.....So this is NOT some Bullshit Propoganda to fuck with Rez's ChemIBL project.....The Virus is Real...OBS (chemdogs partner) who also breeds with the ChemD sent tissue samples to a University to get tested and the Samples came back POSITIVE...

Last edited:
The leaves look very similar with twisting etc that I had when I changed from soil to Hydro until I got the hang of keeping the pH stable and using the ppm meter correctly.
Basically in my case it was a combo of pH instability and overfertilising. Leaves had that same weird twist in them that I see in your third and fourth pics in the top post. I also had a tear here and there in one of the plants.
I dunno what it was specifically, as in what was locked out or too much, but fill out stitches form and she'll give you some good advice when she comes along.

You can see some of the twisting and turning in this pic here.

Last edited:
Just looked again and it wasn't clear the first time I looked but I see that your leaves are stripped in places, that wasn't something I saw, maybe the virus is correct.

I grew a strain that did that same thing for years and years.I knew lots of people who did too i just thought it was a gnetic defect.Never seemed to have an adverse affect though cus the strain rocked out good numbers of good dope for years.

sniffs

I might have the same problem as you except mine is REALLY BAD and HAS BEEN from the START(which leads me to think this might be a mutant cause its been like this from the very start since it came out of the seed). Its a DP BlueBerry and was the last seed in my pack. I just let it grow out of control and now its about 4ft tall and I'm going to take a few clones in hope that they aren't mutated/messed up and then im choppin it cause its so bad. Heres some pics of when she was a small little girl(I'll snap a few new ones here in a few). She is also a female showed pre-pistols pretty early :joint:!

Well can anybody clarify from those pics of her in her younger stages, what exactly is going on with her? Mutant or some kind of virus?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I see this is an old thread but I can confirm that it is TMV and TMV is passed down genetically once infected. I smoke in my house and the smoke slowly gets into my grow room and has infected my mother genetics. Anyone that smokes tobacco is very likely to transmit TMV to their plants unless they smoke outdoors and ALWAYS wash their hands before touching a plant.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sniffs said:
I might have the same problem as you except mine is REALLY BAD and HAS BEEN from the START(which leads me to think this might be a mutant cause its been like this from the very start since it came out of the seed). Its a DP BlueBerry and was the last seed in my pack. I just let it grow out of control and now its about 4ft tall and I'm going to take a few clones in hope that they aren't mutated/messed up and then im choppin it cause its so bad. Heres some pics of when she was a small little girl(I'll snap a few new ones here in a few). She is also a female showed pre-pistols pretty early :joint:!

Well can anybody clarify from those pics of her in her younger stages, what exactly is going on with her? Mutant or some kind of virus?

Its hard to tell from the pictures.... if it affects one side of the leaf with the deformity and the leaf twist in that direction toward the deformity then it is very likely the virus.... some plants are more susceptible than others...

Read my posts here.....
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=104027&page=10&pp=15

sniffs

Damn that SUCKS! It's been in my flowering tent with all my other girls! DAMNIT!!! So this can pretty much infect any other plants in the same tent? And also I do smoke cigs.....so smoking a cig and then touching a plant without washing your hands cant cause the virus?(I always wash my hands before touching my girls no matter what anyways so it couldn't have been that). The main reason I think it might NOT be the TMV virus is because it's been this way right out of the seed and its been touching and right up next to other plants and none of them have it?

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a closer look and I would say yes, its a virus. Sometimes its passed from the mother to the seed...... it could be on the shell

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Classic virus on some of the leaves Spicoli, the other leaves are dark and gorgeous.... I'll bet you still got a good yield on those, I do even with the virus....
Why did you dump her?

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
To all of the ic members that think this is a virus, you are wrong. This is a overload of (MG) magnesium.

GrowDoc

Darkstarlive said:
I think this might be TMV( Tomato Mosaic Virus).
At first I thought I had a mutant plant then it began to spread. I fear I may have to ditch everything and start from scratch...AARRRGGGHHH!!!

BTW, these are Rez's Chemdog Bx1, Bx2, beta Bx1 and Snowdog Bx1 as well as a few other strains.

What do you think?
Peace..

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is overwatering with to low PH

GrowDoc

Homegrow3r said:
The leaves look very similar with twisting etc that I had when I changed from soil to Hydro until I got the hang of keeping the pH stable and using the ppm meter correctly.
Basically in my case it was a combo of pH instability and overfertilising. Leaves had that same weird twist in them that I see in your third and fourth pics in the top post. I also had a tear here and there in one of the plants.
I dunno what it was specifically, as in what was locked out or too much, but fill out stitches form and she'll give you some good advice when she comes along.

You can see some of the twisting and turning in this pic here.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
She is to cold.

GrowDoc

sniffs said:

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growdoc said:
To all of the ic members that think this is a virus, you are wrong. This is a overload of (MG) magnesium.

GrowDoc
I know it is a virus and if you had looked at the link I gave you would have seen the pictures from the Dutch growers.... exactly the same... I have had this for 20 years, there is no doubt.........

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
when it comes down to it, none of these plants that growdoc quoted with symptoms here look similar. Dark stars, and spicolis maybe, but IMO the plants showing these hook leaf traits all look to damn green IMO. Like nitrogen, and mag levels are being pushed. Like what mine were being overcompensated with when they showed a simlar symptom, and I continued to try and fix it with nitrogen containing cal-mag plus..

From clone with good early starts I've yet to see it cuts of the same plants that were giving me issues. This certainly brings me to question my use of cal-mag plus as an across the board fix for both mag or cal issues when 1 or both are not present. To fix a cal issues we are providing cal-mag- on top nitrogen-iron-sulfer, and several other micronutrients. even when feeding relatively complete hydro fertilizers like gh nove-flora etc. In reality doubling up on the shit which is needed in minimal amounts to begin with

Kinda reminds me of chris rocks robotussin skit.. Got a cal def drink some robotussin, got a mag def. drink some robotussin.. Got herpes drink some robotussin, yo momma dont like you.. Drink some robotussin

Last edited:

REZDOG

Veteran
Those are serious nutrient/pH issues....and nasty fungus gnats,sounds like....and those little bastards wreak HAVOC,no doubt about it....

Last edited:
G

guest5703

I have gnats....they havent ever harmed my plants except for the fungus gnats(the babies) that eat at the roots a little.

I recently got rid of my HPK cuz this was happening to her, and it seemed to get worse and worse! I flushed her many times.....Fed her right, nothing worked. I believe it very well could be a virus.

For growdoc to come in here like that after everyone's carefully trying to figure out what the hell is going on is kinda of just a waste of space. No offense growdoc, but how can you be sure?!?!? You arent physically there to see anyones plants and even though I'm sure you've grown forever maybe, you don't give any credit to the thought of a virus???

Sounds like it is being spread through seeds now and that can't be good. I don't think this is a hype to downgrade REZ either, more of a notice to be careful. Anyways just my 2 cents

I do want to add that they almost look like they have got DJ shorts variegated white gene. But once again I have had this problem before and it got worse and the leaves eventually burn and die. With the variegated white gene I don't think the leaves burn they just stay white.

Last edited:

G4life

Fact: OBS (chemdogs partner) who also breeds with the ChemD clone, sent tissue samples of the ChemD clone to a University for testing and it came back Positive for the Virus!...