What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How's my no pH grow doing?

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use pro-mix bx and soil and never had to check or adjust ph. i do add dolomite lime to my mix along with perlite, blood and bone meal.

S

sparkjumper

Haha sirgrass calling people whiners and such because they understand the importance of proper PH for nutrient uptake is actually quite funny lol.Do you really think your flowering plants look healthy???I have news bro,they sure as fuck dont

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Sparky you lump of fertilizer I must of bitch slapped you sometime in your young life. I've been smoking for 36 years. I grow for the smoke & have not needed to buy ANY in 7 years, I do my roaches too. I smoke non-stop day & night. Do you think your comment would bother me? hehehe Remove the bone than place that in your pipe & smoke it. Nuff said LoL except I already proved that asswipe of a whiner was wrong in the infirmary, are you his sister? I hope he's doing OK & getting the professional help he so desperately needs.

Great to see the thread bounce back lots of K+ Thanks people and of course I still have the No pH Grow growing. Here at sirgrasslot's we're growing the NLXSKXJF she's the old flame & NLXSK. Maybe if I get in the mood I'll start taken photos again to keep sparky & the gang updated. I'm sure she'll keep browsing.

I haven't even read any other forums lately except the Den & Extracts the odd moved thread since around my last post here. This method of grow is the bomb I need nothing more & either do you provided your city tap water is not funky. Yeah Ontario a place to grow. This method is almost failsafe you'd have to be a complete muppet to screw this grow up, sparky you paying attention??

What's that smell sirgrass....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kriegs

Hey, bro.. amazing plants. Love the continuous production; wish I could do it, but the wife's paranoia and social habits necessitate time-space between grows.

Question about your iso-hash: do you fully cure your trim before you do this? I tried this once on some nice frosty trim that was about a week post-harvest. Blecchhh!! Looked beautiful; worst shit I ever put in my lungs.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Hey, bro.. amazing plants. Love the continuous production; wish I could do it, but the wife's paranoia and social habits necessitate time-space between grows.

Question about your iso-hash: do you fully cure your trim before you do this? I tried this once on some nice frosty trim that was about a week post-harvest. Blecchhh!! Looked beautiful; worst shit I ever put in my lungs.

Kriegs, I know what you mean it can get pretty harsh. There's a couple threads in the Hash Resin section. The trick is to do a very quick wash. You do it a few times experimenting & you get the hang of it. Look for the quick wash iso threads.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Yeah I've been doing it for so long now its not really an issue anymore.

Kriegs

Kriegs, I know what you mean it can get pretty harsh. There's a couple threads in the Hash Resin section. The trick is to do a very quick wash. You do it a few times experimenting & you get the hang of it. Look for the quick wash iso threads.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Yeah I've been doing it for so long now its not really an issue anymore.

Thanks, bro... here's the method I was using:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66497

It's inside the link you gave me. Upon re-reading, I noticed the author was using fresh bud (not cured), so that wasn't the problem. I'll try shortening up the wash a bit.. cheers!!

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Thanks, bro... here's the method I was using:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66497

It's inside the link you gave me. Upon re-reading, I noticed the author was using fresh bud (not cured), so that wasn't the problem. I'll try shortening up the wash a bit.. cheers!!

I usually only use my trim & popcorn, It sits until is extremely dry. The last time I did a run I first made some kief (thats 3 screens pg.7 photos) than with the carded remains I made some oil it worked out OK. That just got me through a lean time most recently.

S

sparkjumper

Wow apparently my opinion did ruffle a feather or two,it wasnt my intention but you seem to have needed to blow off some steam.You continue to suggest to people using promix without any care for soil PH and I'll continue voicing my opinion that the "amazing" bud as one young man called it looks weak,small and lacking for real.A lousy blockhead bud grown in ocean forest is fatter than 3 of those "no ph" buds of yours.You have people convinced though.People that havent grown much

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Wow apparently my opinion did ruffle a feather or two,it wasnt my intention but you seem to have needed to blow off some steam.You continue to suggest to people using promix without any care for soil PH and I'll continue voicing my opinion that the "amazing" bud as one young man called it looks weak,small and lacking for real.A lousy blockhead bud grown in ocean forest is fatter than 3 of those "no ph" buds of yours.You have people convinced though.People that havent grown much

No way Spanky you're just an ass wipe. Ph is very important & if you could comprehend English you'd realize that I'm quite aware of it. Your opinion means absolutely nothing here. This is a method of grow, you'll need to follow the system or you'll end up whining like a bitch that can't do it. It's used by T.I.M.E. an Ontario grower for med patients in Canada. Get it Yet?? You think way too much of your skills if you're comparing them to my perpetual. <<That's hilarious, Think Ricky Think! You don't ruffle me one bit sister. Apparently you have a thing for me & my grow. LoL

My bud is great, I've not changed it for 3 years the same plant cloned from clone to clone. You've shown me what little you actually know. You have no idea how much this plant should yield & the buds are sticky & tight. I've stopped growing trees. Now blow that out your ass.

picture.php

picture.php

Don't let the door smack you on the ass on the way out tough guy. LoL

S

sparkjumper

God for someone not ruffled you come off as a great actor indeed,I havent been called so many names since my divorce.But by god if my opinion means absolutely nothing here I'll be off

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Little T & A

Little T & A

She's my little rock 'n' roll
The heat's raiding, the tracks is fading
Joints rocking could be anytime at all
But the bitch keeps bitching
Snitcher keeps snitching
Dropping names and telephone numbers and all

The scars healing
But the dealers squealing
The pool's in but the patio ain't dry
Well the sense is sensing
That the juice keeps pumping and I know why

My tits and ass with soul baby
You got to shock them, show them
Shock, shock, shock, oh my, my, my

Well the sense is sensing
That the juice keeps pumping and I know why
The bitch keeps bitching
Snitcher keeps snitching
Dropping names and telephone numbers and all

My tits and ass with soul baby
You got to shock them, show them
She got a feeling to know, baby
Ah, the little bitch got soul

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

Carl Carlson

bump this freakin' thread up to the top

SirGrassAlot are you still around?

Like I've been saying in the coco threads, (similar to peat, another soilless substrate), pH adjustments if the water quality (alkalinity, not pH) is in an acceptable range, are totally unnecessary, because the pH of that water is not going to change the pH of the substrate during the grow.

CC......I grow in ProMix. I pH my water and nutes to 6.3-6.6. You think I would have the SAME or better results if I did not pH? I must disagree.

This guy has a great thread going especially since he says he doesn't ph. But I bet he would do better if he did pH. JMO tho.

C

Carl Carlson

CC......I grow in ProMix. I pH my water and nutes to 6.3-6.6. You think I would have the SAME or better results if I did not pH? I must disagree.

No Admiral, it depends on the alkalinity of the tap water.

I'm saying the guy that started this thread must have pretty good tap water, but it's not the pH we're after, unless that is wildly high or low, like 9 or 3. It's really the alkalinity that we're after (the buffering capacity).

The alkalinity of my tap water never changes (thank you dept. of public works), but during the Summer the pH rises to a range of 9 to 9.5 from a range in the Winter of 7 to 7.5. No matter what time of the year it is, I can mix a rez of GH or FloraNova or Canna nutes (what I've tried at this location) and the pH comes out the same - 5.8.

I grow in coco, drain to a little waste and used to micromanage the pH, you know what I mean - down to 5.6 or up to 6.2. But not anymore. Now I just let it rise a little bit on it's own with aeration in the 20 gallon rez.

The water pH does not change the coco or peat pH. It's the alkalinity that does. If you have tap or well water with really high alkalinity than the pH of your substrate will most likely rise during the grow. If you are using extremely acidic nutes and water with low or zero buffering capacity than will the pH of the soilless medium will go down during the course of the grow.

If you look at the labels of most of the hydro nutrients, the are low in acidic (ammoniacal) nitrogen content. The only liquid that I've found that is remotely close to high in acidic nitrogen is Dyna-Gro.

(none of this takes into account of you add lime to your peat grow by the way)